Weird... one 510 works, the other doesn't..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
Hey guys, I ordered a dual 510 starter kit from evcigarettes.com and one of the 510's works perfectly and I vape ok.

However the other one doesn't even light up when I press the button. The blue led stays off.

BUT when i plug it into the charger the blue led flashes! The charger light is green though.

Do I have a defective unit or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
Sounds to me like it's a bad battery. Contact evcigarettes. They should replace the battery for you.

Thanks ok I will contact them. I wasn't sure if maybe it was just me messing up. Thanks again.

Also another question if you don't mind me asking... I'm looking to buy some e-liquids from tasty vapors and when looking at getting the doubler, I'm a bit confused....

What's the difference between getting a doubler that's all PG vs one that is mixed pg and vg? (i'll be mixing a 4oz doubler with a 1oz 48mg e-liquid)

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
PG is a thinner liquid and has better throat hit. VG produces more vapor. I prefer a mix of 80% PG / 20% VG. If I do much more VG I seem to get a lot of phlegm. That's just me, though.

You can only get the 48 mg with 10% VG, so it depends on what you want your final mix to be as to what % to get in your doubler. Here's a chart that should help: http://www.tastyvapor.us/faq-i-15.html It's about halfway down that page. That will help you to know how much of each liquid to use to reach your desired nic amount. Once you know what nic amount you're going for you'll know how many parts you'll be using. From that, we can figure out the PG/VG ratio you're after.

I hope I didn't just confuse you.

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
PG is a thinner liquid and has better throat hit. VG produces more vapor. I prefer a mix of 80% PG / 20% VG. If I do much more VG I seem to get a lot of phlegm. That's just me, though.

You can only get the 48 mg with 10% VG, so it depends on what you want your final mix to be as to what % to get in your doubler. Here's a chart that should help: url removed due to post count It's about halfway down that page. That will help you to know how much of each liquid to use to reach your desired nic amount. Once you know what nic amount you're going for you'll know how many parts you'll be using. From that, we can figure out the PG/VG ratio you're after.

I hope I didn't just confuse you.

nope, thanks for the chart! :D I think I'll be going for the 12mg e-liquid so here it says:

If you start with 48 MG E-liquid
12 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts Doubler

So if I get 48mg e-liquid with 10% VG and I want the same 80/20 pg/vg ratio like you do (total), then what should the doubler be? 90/10 pg/vg?

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
With 48 mg nic juice it would be 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts Doubler.
So, you'll have four parts. It's hard to get exactly 20%VG in that mix.

To get 25% VG you can get 10% in the nic juice and 30% in the doubler.
To get 22.5% VG you can get all PG in the nic juice and 30% in the doubler.
To get 17.5% VG you can get 10% in the nic juice and 20% in the doubler.

You can do it with 36 mg nic juice, though.

It would be 1 part nic juice and two parts doubler. If the nic juice is all PG and you get the doubler with 30% Vg you'd end up with 20% VG in 12 mg juice.

Might think about getting a 2oz doubler rather than the 4oz. When you mix all of both bottles together you'd have 3 ounces of 12 mg 20% Vg juice.

Dang, that was complicated! :D

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
With 48 mg nic juice it would be 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts Doubler.
So, you'll have four parts. It's hard to get exactly 20%VG in that mix.

To get 25% VG you can get 10% in the nic juice and 30% in the doubler.
To get 22.5% VG you can get all PG in the nic juice and 30% in the doubler.
To get 17.5% VG you can get 10% in the nic juice and 20% in the doubler.

You can do it with 36 mg nic juice, though.

It would be 1 part nic juice and two parts doubler. If the nic juice is all PG and you get the doubler with 30% Vg you'd end up with 20% VG in 12 mg juice.

Might think about getting a 2oz doubler rather than the 4oz. When you mix all of both bottles together you'd have 3 ounces of 12 mg 20% Vg juice.

Dang, that was complicated! :D

woah that was complicated, but amazing! :D thanks this is perfect, now I know what blend to get, i'm going to order right now for later :)

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
What are you getting? My very favorite TV juices are Geoff's Blend and Cherry Cola. They're all good, but those are the two I vape off and on every day.

What do you think of this combination?

1oz eliquid of Almond Horn
2oz doubler of Geoff's Blend

or should I stick to mixing like with like? (Geoff's Blend for both the e-liquid and the doubler?)

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
I think people usually buy the nic liquid and doubler in the same flavor. The point is to be able to mix a bunch up at less cost or to be able to adjust the mg as needed. I'm not sure about Almond Horn and Geoff's Blend. I'd get the same flavor in both.

VG and PG are a personal choice. VG makes big clouds of vapor, but doesn't have as much throat hit. PG has more throat hit, but less vapor. I think the 80 PG/20 Vg is a pretty common mix, but everyone has their own preference. I think I posted above (might have been on another thread) that 100% VG makes me have a lot of phlegm. It also feels like my mouth and throat are coated with oil, so I cough a lot trying to clear that. There's a thread in the health section where a lot of us said we had that same result.

Remember, all of these kinds of things are just opinions. Won't be long and you'll have your own opinions to add to the mix!

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
I think people usually buy the nic liquid and doubler in the same flavor. The point is to be able to mix a bunch up at less cost or to be able to adjust the mg as needed. I'm not sure about Almond Horn and Geoff's Blend. I'd get the same flavor in both.

VG and PG are a personal choice. VG makes big clouds of vapor, but doesn't have as much throat hit. PG has more throat hit, but less vapor. I think the 80 PG/20 Vg is a pretty common mix, but everyone has their own preference. I think I posted above (might have been on another thread) that 100% VG makes me have a lot of phlegm. It also feels like my mouth and throat are coated with oil, so I cough a lot trying to clear that. There's a thread in the health section where a lot of us said we had that same result.

Remember, all of these kinds of things are just opinions. Won't be long and you'll have your own opinions to add to the mix!

Just came in here to say thanks! Yeah I will order both the doubler and the e-liquid with Geoff's Mix as my choice. Also the guy from evcigarettes offered to replace my faulty 510 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread