• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome to the Germany Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
Greetings from Stuttgart!
Of course there are German vapers out there. I'm not one of them (American) but I know some. The public attitude is probably about the same as the states. No torches and pitchforks, but the occasional funny looks. :)
I don't go to bars (not very social outside of the internet), but I do see people outside on occasion.

disarstar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Dortmund, Germany
In germany if you are a vaper, its almost the same like you are smoker.
As a vaper you have to act like a smoker, protect the non smoker/vapers. There are powers in the politics and lobbyism against and we have to be carefull. There was a try to make liquids get the status of a medicament.
Maybe in future we are all outlaws because of vaping, don't know :D
Anyways, atm everything is ok.

The Weinachtsmarkt in Dortmund is legendary
We got the biggest... :D

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Hmm. It's similiar here in California. The non-smokers are very strong in government in this state. I Do vape when I go shopping; no one has said anything to me (yet). I had a family member who had an operation and the nurses allowed her to vape in the hospital room. I have been stockpiling nicotine just in case the laws change.:)

disarstar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Dortmund, Germany
Vaping while shopping :D
i love the californian way of life, but in germany i think its not possible doing that.
We got too much rules, only if you like driving fast we are the kings :D

The most doing the same like they were smokers. They vape at home, in car and outside. No Public rooms, no malls or other places where smoking is not allowed.

Marob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Berlin, Germany
Here in Berlin, things are a little different with vaping, just because it's different for smokers too. Smoking is allowed in nearly every bar, people are always smoking in public on places like train and U-Bahn platforms etc. Never in restaurants though, which is good. So you see vapers in a few extra places then a lot of cities.

I got a taxi last night and the driver had a little eGo around his neck that he took occasional puffs from....

Because people smoke in bars, normally no one notices I'm vaping but when they do, most ask about it. As I'm normally sat at the bar, I've converted a few barmen too!

disarstar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Dortmund, Germany
we got the biggest chrismastree, nothing wrong i wrote :D

dortmunder-weihnachtsmarkt.jpg

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Vaping while shopping :D
i love the californian way of life, but in germany i think its not possible doing that.
We got too much rules, only if you like driving fast we are the kings :D

The most doing the same like they were smokers. They vape at home, in car and outside. No Public rooms, no malls or other places where smoking is not allowed.

Sigh.. sigh sigh... I still dream I am driving on the Autobahn sometimes. I had to drive everywhere for my work (Spiel Automaten Reparatur). It's a big difference from driving in Germany to here in the States, where it seems everyone is driving in slow-motion :facepalm: Would be nice to vape at 280kmh/std. :)

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Thanks for that! Wooooh! God, I miss it. Statistically it's safer to drive there than here! Funny that sensation when you slow down to 160kmh and it feels slooooow.. hehe That's looks very familiar. I think the A6 headed east from Nuernburg towards Ansbach? Hard to say with the resolution, but I remember every bump on that stretch, and this video is close. Oh, and Vaping on the Autobahn would be fun ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread