Welcome to the Vapor-Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
OMG, so that's where Jonah has been. Jonah, I hope you recover quickly with no complications. A ruptured gallbladder can be very dangerous. You take your time and get well. I had mine out about 10 years ago, but it hadn't ruptured.

I was looking all over for some info on when the jig and punch for cartos would be available. Silly me, I missed my 1st 2 opportunties to get one because I thought I could do without it. Suddenly, the end of my awl is bent, and I'm getting all of my cartos out of round, aaarrrggh.... I've had to throw so many good cartos away because I just can't get it right.

I know someone else is looking for one in the classified section, and I need one, too. If anyone has an extra one they'd be willing to part with, please pm me. I'm going out of town for 9 days soon, and I don't know how I'll get these cartos punched. for my tanks. I'm a tankaholic, and I can't imagine going back to plain cartos.

Please don't say Dremel...I don't do power tools well.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
OMG, so that's where Jonah has been. Jonah, I hope you recover quickly with no complications. A ruptured gallbladder can be very dangerous. You take your time and get well. I had mine out about 10 years ago, but it hadn't ruptured.

I was looking all over for some info on when the jig and punch for cartos would be available. Silly me, I missed my 1st 2 opportunties to get one because I thought I could do without it. Suddenly, the end of my awl is bent, and I'm getting all of my cartos out of round, aaarrrggh.... I've had to throw so many good cartos away because I just can't get it right.

I know someone else is looking for one in the classified section, and I need one, too. If anyone has an extra one they'd be willing to part with, please pm me. I'm going out of town for 9 days soon, and I don't know how I'll get these cartos punched. for my tanks. I'm a tankaholic, and I can't imagine going back to plain cartos.

Please don't say Dremel...I don't do power tools well.

Have you tried using a sharp nail or self-tapping screw yet? I used the self-tapping screw all the time before I got my punch & jig set. You know if I had an extra one I'd send it to you! :)

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I tried nails originally, and didn't think they were sharp enough. The ones I liked bent in no time. I'll try the self tapping screw, that's just a sharp screw, right? Hubby must have some...

Make sure you find a brass one. I tried with a stainless and dulled it up in no time flat. Unless it was zinc, do they make self tapping screws in zinc?

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
To every one I haven't gotten back to yet, sorry. After leaving Vegas Gall Bladder ruptured and I am sitting in a hospital in California waiting for surgery. Hopefully I handled most things, but until after surgery everything else is on hold.

Oh No, we will keep you in our Prayers. Get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread