Well- written 'Vapor Trail' article in Santa Fe Reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieF

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Albuquerque
I like the article, don't get me wrong. It's nice and balanced to some degree and has great perspective. And a big thank you for sharing! But being in Albuquerque, I read this and thought -- oh great, now here come all the freaks who will pull out the info they want and use it to get laws passed against e-cigs in SF and Abq. Perhaps because we have fantastic weather most of the year and everyone is outside a lot, I see e-cigs everywhere here. We've been flying under the radar for the most part as far as regulations go and enjoying the luxury of educating person by person as we're out and about. It's too bad Gary King (who does a lot of great things, mind you) couldn't have actually based his opinions on a little research instead of just his thoughts on organic chemistry. I think I will be writing some letters this weekend!

On a side note, I ran errands at lunch today and drove past one of the expensive private high schools here in town and noticed a huge group of what appeared to be the kids from the school smoking cigarettes down by the bus stop. Yes, many kids and teens will take up e-cigarettes, but if we could somehow compare that to how many take up cigarettes in just one of these articles, that would be nice! I mean seriously, how many of us smoked our first cigarette only after we were of legal age to do so? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread