What a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

tym64

Jul 30, 2017
So new to vaping. Oh my the many fails. I just spent to much time listing to what others suggested. Everyone I knew just kept saying start with 6mg of nic. Yea, that was a major fail. First thing I did was replace my very old machine someone gave me, got a better mod. Thought that may do it. Nope!! Just was not doing it for me.

So I cranked up the nic content to 18, now I am as happy as a clam. Just find it odd, shops will sell you the stuff, but when your brand new, the right information can be a pain to find.

Now that I just started, I had one issue, keeping track of the silly mod. Wonder why dont they make cases to carry them around?? So while in the dollar store, I saw an old flip phone carrying case, it side loads. Just thought why not?? Paid my 7 bucks, and my mod fits it like a glove, and I can keep track of it, and carry it like an old flip phone.

Someone said no way they could make cases to carry them because of the different sizes. If you took what I have, leather, stretches, velcro closing, maybe made a few different lengths, someone could make some money off that kinda deal.

tym64

Jul 30, 2017
So I guess for me, If I were to run across someone just starting, I would tell them, get two 10 ml bottles of 12mg, and 18 mg. See what works best. Get a third bottle of tobacco flavored. Use the tobacco flavored to calm down the sweet of the first tank of juice. Easier to get used to it.

Second thing, Hit amazon, get a old flip phone case to keep track of the mod. There has to be other type's of cases that could be utilized for the same purpose.

Not sure why vape shops wanna push the 6mg on a heavy smoker. Seems like your just setting them up to fail

Reactions: Foggy Road

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
Life was so much simpler when I started. Best equipment was a 510 and atomizer (maybe a 901 and cart). That was soon replaced with a 14500 bat in a mechanical box.

I found nirvana with a 5volt passthrough and LR 510 atomizers. Yes hardcore I know. Those were the days...

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Second thing, Hit amazon, get a old flip phone case to keep track of the mod. There has to be other type's of cases that could be utilized for the same purpose.

Might want to check Thrift Stores before ordering from Amazon. I found quite a few brand new phone cases and eyeglass cases there that each fit some of my mods with smaller tanks... for $1.00 each. Some...you put the mod in from the top and they have a fold over flap with Velcro closure. Others, you sort of pinch from the sides, and they open up to slide in the mod and tank...then it closes around it. The eyeglasses cases are nice, hard-sided ones made for expensive sunglasses. They easily hold a slightly slimmer mod and a shorter tank, too. I love them especially to put my mods and tanks in while travelling!

ZombieJuice

Nov 12, 2013
Kentucky
So I guess for me, If I were to run across someone just starting, I would tell them, get two 10 ml bottles of 12mg, and 18 mg. See what works best. Get a third bottle of tobacco flavored. Use the tobacco flavored to calm down the sweet of the first tank of juice. Easier to get used to it.

Not sure why vape shops wanna push the 6mg on a heavy smoker. Seems like your just setting them up to fail
Gotta understand that everyone is different. Seems like these days the majority of people are into direct lung, low resistance cloud chuckers. Odds are that vape shop sells more 6mg that 12mg or 18mg.

When I started vaping in 2013 the majority of vapers were MTL (mouth to lung) or maybe that was just my impression. Back then 12mg was a medium strength juice. Now I ask for 12 mg in my local shop and they kind of do a double take. Like "whattt? 12mg, but brooo, we got this new 3mg ultra vg cloud juice.

Either way, vape shops should still cater to the individual and recommend new vapers try different strengths to find what work. Pushing lower nic on a new ex-smoker is a bad idea.

Your vaping preferences will likely change a lot in your first two years but as long as you are vaping and not smoking thats all that matters. Glad you found what works!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
See you haven't been vaping long enough to know you need a back up so this is what I use to carry vaping gear with me. On long excursions I have a dedicated case for vape gear which is an old CD carrier.

upload_2017-7-30_19-21-16.png

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Might want to check Thrift Stores before ordering from Amazon. I found quite a few brand new phone cases and eyeglass cases there that each fit some of my mods with smaller tanks... for $1.00 each. Some...you put the mod in from the top and they have a fold over flap with Velcro closure. Others, you sort of pinch from the sides, and they open up to slide in the mod and tank...then it closes around it. The eyeglasses cases are nice, hard-sided ones made for expensive sunglasses. They easily hold a slightly slimmer mod and a shorter tank, too. I love them especially to put my mods and tanks in while travelling!
What a fantastic idea! I have a goodwill in the plaza where I work and I will be peeking in there just for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread