What are the best vape mods with the best vapor production?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ertlandia

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Central Pa
it all depends on what you are looking for. I personally stick with 2 combinations the first being a dna 30 device with a kayfun and an Origin with an Aqua at .7ohm running in hybrid mode. I was extremely happy when I was running only protanks, then i started rebuilding my own coils then made the jump to rba's. The GI2 seems like you would be able to generate all the London fog, it does some massive wattage at ultra low ohm.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
It's all about personal preference and what one is willing to do to get their vape on. Any one of these seem to satisfy me, and vape quite well

7vhlDRZ.jpg

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I currently have a 1300 vision spinner and a kanger protank and three kanger protank minis along with a couple stardust and evods. I am loving my protanks and how flavorful and thick the vapor they produce are, I'm curious as to what batteries are the best for the best vapor production?

Hiya. First up, its great the protanks are hitting the spot for you. So it seems the next thing is about battery life and power perhaps?
Before getting into that, vapor production is mainly caused by the VG content of your juice. Changing the VG amount can make a very big difference to the amount of vapor produced. I know this from experience, and even going from PG/VG 70/30 to 50/50 made a big difference with my juices when I tried it. So if its just about vapor production, you may want to experiment with your juice VG level first.

With mods, its about battery life and power capability. I've found that I will have more vapor with more power generally, but overall its the VG content that is really causing the big increase in vapor. What variable regulation mods give me is a longer lasting power supply, a stable vape for longer, the opportunity to set the temperature and power of the vape to where I like it, and battery safety features such as low battery cut off.
A mechanical mod is dependent on the voltage of the battery and the ohms of the attachment. I can set that up how I like it, but can't regulate the power supply constantly. I need to check the battery with a voltmeter, and know the limits of the battery in amps as well.

I use both kinds of mods - variable regulation and mechanical. I don't think either by itself gives more vapor production. Next to VG content, the next biggest thing is the ohms of your coil and the power going to it, and there are a number of mods that work well.

BDR91

Apr 22, 2014
Utah
Hiya. First up, its great the protanks are hitting the spot for you. So it seems the next thing is about battery life and power perhaps?
Before getting into that, vapor production is mainly caused by the VG content of your juice. Changing the VG amount can make a very big difference to the amount of vapor produced. I know this from experience, and even going from PG/VG 70/30 to 50/50 made a big difference with my juices when I tried it. So if its just about vapor production, you may want to experiment with your juice VG level first.

With mods, its about battery life and power capability. I've found that I will have more vapor with more power generally, but overall its the VG content that is really causing the big increase in vapor. What variable regulation mods give me is a longer lasting power supply, a stable vape for longer, the opportunity to set the temperature and power of the vape to where I like it, and battery safety features such as low battery cut off.
A mechanical mod is dependent on the voltage of the battery and the ohms of the attachment. I can set that up how I like it, but can't regulate the power supply constantly. I need to check the battery with a voltmeter, and know the limits of the battery in amps as well.

I use both kinds of mods - variable regulation and mechanical. I don't think either by itself gives more vapor production. Next to VG content, the next biggest thing is the ohms of your coil and the power going to it, and there are a number of mods that work well.

VG does have a lot to do with it but so does if you are running a vv/vw mod or a mech on a mech you can get a lot lower ohms thus potentially resulting in higher watts witch makes more vapor

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
VG does have a lot to do with it but so does if you are running a vv/vw mod or a mech on a mech you can get a lot lower ohms thus potentially resulting in higher watts witch makes more vapor

That's basically what I said before, yes. Changing the VG level can make a huge difference in vapor production. If vapor production is the only issue some-one has then I would suggest increasing the VG level and seeing how they find that.
I have vw/vv and mechanical mods and they function well but it is about your juice delivery system and ohms there too.
If nothing else was changed except VG the vapor production will increase significantly. Other things can be changed too of course, as previously mentioned.
The thing to note with increased VG is that the flavor may be a bit weaker for some juices. I din't find that problem myself when I changed VG levels, but some people have reported it. So experiment and see. :)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
You can get a lot more vapor form a good mech with a good rebuildable than a vv/vw is my point as long as you know how to build

I think that's too general, there are too many variables to lord one over the other. Rebuildables are not easy for some people and come with their own set of safety issues. Some-one like the OP who is using protanks and is happy with them doesn't need rebuildables if they can just tweak the VG content and get a lot more vapor. Knowing how to build takes time for many people, and is too fiddly for some.
Rebuildables can be very finicky and unstable and take practice. I don't use RBAs much now. I do enjoy the AGA-T+ but downside is that it is, like a lot of RBAs, a juice hog. Terribly so. Also tinkering with coils is not something I have a lot of time for these days. Given that many RBAs are not transport friendly that can become an issue when wanting an out and about vape. I guess what I'm saying is they have their own pluses and minuses.
And of course, rebuildables can be used with vw/vv - just not sub-ohm vaping. Which doesn't interest me anyway. I started vaping to stay off cigs, have been off them for over two years and get plenty of vapor from my set ups.

My suggestions would be increase VG. For more power and battery life get a variable regulated mod and then you can increase the power to the coils you have, or try lower ohm coils within the mod's capabilities. Plenty of vapor to be had!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread