what compnent(s) makes things taste or smell oddly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am a new vapor and have the distinct disadvantage of being to taste chemicals. Over the past six months I've been trying out various e-juices and had a recent bad experience with a vendor of good reputation but I bought some bottles all which had bad aftertastes or smells. I am looking the names of things I hate so I can ask new vendors if they are in use and thus avoid bad experiences. I generally vape either max vg or 80 vg /20 pg in iclear, viva nova glass, or kanger t2 tanks. Yeah I love my top coil tanks

1) many melon flavors have a sharp taste and smell of acetone. Im told this is ethyl alcohol. Is this accurate? If not, what makes that smell?
2) ginger bread smells and tastes like Bandaids (I kid you not!). Any idea what chemical or provider I should avoid ?
3) some 555 blends taste like molasses and musk but smell like wet socks (if you have ever smelt Valerian root tea or the high blood pressure drug Monopril / fosniopril its that smell). Anyone know what it is that makes that wet socks smell or what flavor/extract company I should ask about?

6mgRSST

Oct 7, 2014
Apex , NC
Well I can tell you from my year plus of vaping that quite a few flavors have less than desirable scents. Most like due to plastic bottles. The flavorings tend to accelerate the break down of plastic containers. I switch all of my juice to cheap glass bottles. If the established taste is off it can be caused by steeping, (letting it sit and develop more distinct flavors), old batches, or cheaper products being put into the juice it's self. I take a small amount of juice and put it on my tongue, less than 1/8 drop. If it has a pepperish taste it usually means they are using cheap products. The cheaper the products the less control companies have over the quality. Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread