Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Yes, anything under 1 ohm is considered sub-ohm. The lower ohm build you have, the hotter the vape, the more power you are using, therefore more amperage draw on the battery. The lower you go, the more amps you draw. As you go lower, you must keep in mind the continuous discharge rate of the batteries you are using and make sure you don't exceed that. The lower you go, the shorter amount of time before your battery needs recharging. Learn all you can about battery safety, coil building, and do you really want to do it? Many folks don't like hotter vapes, you might. I do. But Iearned all I could before moving down in the resistance until I found what I like and I only use batteries that are rated to handle it easily.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
Yes, it means vaping at any resistance below 1.00 ohms.

What it does, is that with mechanical mods where you cannot adjust the voltage, it leads to higher power (wattage) because of the higher current (amperage).

Also, because of the thicker wire normally used, it often leads to higher heat capacity (slower heat-up) and a larger surface area, which in turn leads to a lower heat flux per watt.

With modern high power regulated mods, sub ohming has become less important, but some people still prefer it.

I usually vape regulated above 1 ohm, but lately I've been enjoying a hybrid dripper at 0.4 ohms a lot. I control the heat by adjusting the duration of my button presses, which gives me a very immediate way of adjusting the vape to my liking. The ability to (sort of) adjust the vape mid-draw is actually pretty cool, but it does require me to pay close attention to what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi SoySauS and welcome to the forum!

Yep, you have it right. Sub-ohm means anything less than 1 ohm. :)

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread