The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What flavors need steeping

Discussion in 'The Vapor Room' started by Sampleday, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sampleday

Sampleday Full Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I am new to this e-liquid stuff and I've ordered about 30 samples, ranging from tobaccos to dessert flavors to fruits. My question is what needs steeping and what can you use right a way?

2. mobitsfa

mobitsfa Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    S. OC, CA
    I'm pretty sure all of them need steeping to really bring out the true flavor. I usually never steep, but when I get other flavors I put away the ones I didn't like that much. When I go back to try them again, they're pretty amazing tasting and just all around better vape.

You can use whatever you want right away though, it just won't taste as good.
    So really to answer your question, try the flavors out and if you don't like it, then put it away to steep.

3. DarklyNoon

DarklyNoon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2012
    Virginia
    I'm no expert, but I read somewhere on here that fruit flavors don't really benefit from steeping, and it's mainly the tobacco blends that need to steep...

I could be, and am probably wrong about this and most things, so don't take my word for it.

4. Loveridden

Loveridden Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Schaumburg, IL
    TVR recommends steeping for all their juice, and I have to say their juice DOES improve with steeping. If you have an atomizer tho just drip it all pre-steep and if there are any you like right away, go for it and start vaping them. If there are ones you don't like, let them steep and try them again later. I just got some TVR juices today and I tried them all pre-steep, none of them were horrible, but I think the Expresso is gonna be better with steeping, so put that aside. I read somewhere recently that one may need EXTRA steeping. But I definitely taste potential in it. Really good potential. I think this could be the best expresso yet. I'm already vaping away the gingerbread and lemon meringue in cartos without steeping, I have bigger bottles of those and tho I think they will improve as the juice ages I think they are good right now too so I got cartos started on those. I am not sure yet what I think of the buttery popcorn lol. Unfortunately I got the wrong nic level, I got 24 mg when I wanted 6 mg!! Yikes. But it was just the 3 ml freebie so not a big deal.

5. TxTunesLady

TxTunesLady Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I know the French Toast Doesn't need it but I do steep it still.

6. Tiffany Smeggin Peak

Tiffany Smeggin Peak Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Wilton IA USA
    i know that strawberries and cream needs to be steeped, as does french vanilla coffee, when I first tried them both, they tasted waxy. Now after steeping they don't. Also, i might be going through the phase where I can't really taste anything, or it might be in my head, but some of the flavours have little taste, granted I did not get any flavor shots... but ya know.

7. KrasH

KrasH Moved On

Jul 25, 2012
    Buttery Popcorn highly increases in flavor with steeping, my gods that stuff is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.