Status
Not open for further replies.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
What happens after you quit smoking.

WITHIN 8 HOURS:

Carbon Monoxide level in blood drops to normal. Oxygen level in blood increases to normal.

This is supposed to be good? The sudden drop in carbon monoxide is certainly not something you want to happen. Good God Man, don’t they realize we are ALL carbon based life forms! Mix in the fact that your oxygen level in your blood has increased and you have a very dangerous situation on your hands. Irritation levels begin climbing; the drive home after work is even more unbearable than usual. Where did all these extra a**holes come from?

WITHIN 24 HOURS:

Chance of heart attack decreases.

I don’t think so! The drive back to work in the morning is even MORE irritating. I'm so angry my heart is beating like an AC/DC drum solo. Get out my way! Where the &$(# did you learn to drive?! Damnit, I need a smoke!!

WITHIN 48 HOURS:

Nerve endings start re-growing.

Nerve endings? I DON’T THINK SO! I’ve got no freaking nerves left!

Ability to smell and taste is enhanced.

Wonderful, just wonderful. Now I truly know how bad our house smells of cat ****. My wife’s food tastes worse than ever. Great, just great! Really glad I stopped smoking now.

WITHIN 2 WEEKS:

Walking becomes easier. Lung function increases.

Good. Now I can ****ING RUN to the nearest store and get a carton of smokes. Good God Man, what was I thinking !!??

WITHIN 2 WEEKS, 5 MINUTES:

Ahhh, good to have a smoke again……

:rolleyes:

sharkey

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
New York City
Ability to smell and taste is enhanced.

Wonderful, just wonderful. Now I truly know how bad our house smells of cat ****.

haha. i can relate.

i've been off tobacco cigs for a couple months now and i have noticed people telling e how good my skin looks in comparision to before. smoking tobacco dries the skin and makes it yellowy. i want my breathing back. i still run out of breath quickly. hopefully that will return.

maybe I'm not noticing much of a difference because I'm still smoking 2 cigs a day, and smoking that other stuff (go ahead make the stereotype because of the long hair). But I will say I feel a lot better but there has been no hacking for me. I've been smoking for 16 years (just turned 26 today) so I obviously started when I was 10. I did go for a short jog and my legs got tired way before I ran out of breath. I'm also badly out of shape so it didn't take long for my legs to give up on me in the middle of a jog with my dog. The best part is, after jogging I was able to take a couple drags of my e-cig without choking, used to die trying to smoke after doing anything like run or jog or even walk up hill.
No extra stress while driving, if there were extra stress I would probably be in jail for carrying out my road rage thoughts. Just once I wish that there was no one in front of me doing 55 in a 55 then slowing down to 35 because they see a cop hiding on the side of the road. God I hate those idiots, JUST FRIGGIN DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also hate those ****ers that forget to turn their signal lights off... obviously you're not checking your speed limit ever or else you'd notice the blinking on your dash. TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS IT'S 10 AT NIGHT AND I CAN'T SEE YOU .....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry idiots on the road give me almost as much stress as my stupid job.

No one notices any difference with me, but that's probably because of what I said at the beginning.

Last edited:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
What happens after you quit smoking.

You forget where your ashtrays and lighters are.

Mrl Wiggles potentially gets more activity since you do not smell like an ashtray.

You understand the term 'floral essence'.

You get real excited and decide to make other life-changing decisions like quitting drinking, cutting out soft drinks or making mods for a living.

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
I have only been smoke free for about 24 hours now I and I felt so much better waking up this morning, no need to cough or anything. I can smell better, but I think I am hungrier and that SUCKS lol I just lost all my after-baby weight damnit! I will resist ! haha

If your experience is like mine, that extra hunger will pass in about a week. Recognize it as what it probably is - delight in experiencing the full range of taste and aroma that we've been covering up by smoking.

After that, something else kicks in. I'm eating less than I ate when smoking. I enjoy my food more, but something tells me to stop eating, you've had enough. For some reason I wasn't listening to it before. Maybe I was too busy thinking about gobbling down whatever was in front of me as fast as I could so I could then run outside for that god-forsaken cigarette. By not taking time to savor, or not being able to, I wasn't getting the full benefit, or enjoyment, of my food.

BUT, and here's a big but, all the times I've stopped before, I also ate more and got bigger and bigger until I started smoking again.

And I don't know what the difference is. What stands out is that I'm vaping when I want to or when I need to and haven't quit either cold turkey or on drugs. (Not dependent on commercial big pharma, I mean.)

I'd be very interested in finding out if you have a similar experience.

Last edited:

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis

Mrl Wiggles potentially gets more activity since you do not smell like an ashtray.

You understand the term 'floral essence'.

You get real excited and decide to make other life-changing decisions like quitting drinking, cutting out soft drinks or making mods for a living.

Good additions! :D

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
maybe I'm not noticing much of a difference because I'm still smoking 2 cigs a day, and smoking that other stuff (go ahead make the stereotype because of the long hair). But I will say I feel a lot better but there has been no hacking for me. I've been smoking for 16 years (just turned 26 today) so I obviously started when I was 10. I did go for a short jog and my legs got tired way before I ran out of breath. I'm also badly out of shape so it didn't take long for my legs to give up on me in the middle of a jog with my dog. The best part is, after jogging I was able to take a couple drags of my e-cig without choking, used to die trying to smoke after doing anything like run or jog or even walk up hill.
No extra stress while driving, if there were extra stress I would probably be in jail for carrying out my road rage thoughts. Just once I wish that there was no one in front of me doing 55 in a 55 then slowing down to 35 because they see a cop hiding on the side of the road. God I hate those idiots, JUST FRIGGIN DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also hate those ****ers that forget to turn their signal lights off... obviously you're not checking your speed limit ever or else you'd notice the blinking on your dash. TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS IT'S 10 AT NIGHT AND I CAN'T SEE YOU .....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one notices any difference with me, but that's probably because of what I said at the beginning.

Dude get a vaporizer for that other stuff.....MUCH more efficient AND a better head. I started vaping the other stuff first and that turned me on to e cigs!

wop1969

Jul 24, 2009
NC
www.wopworks.com

You forget where your ashtrays and lighters are.. LOL

My ashtray is right here at my desk and its EMPTYYYYY :) I will chuck it later as right now it serves as a security thing.
I put my lighter and my cigs in my safe just encase my atty goes out and I have felt like I am forgetting something everyday and then I go Oh I left them their intentionally.
Its great one more money of my back and all I got now is this e-cig to carry, also I have been leaving it lying around and not feeling like I need it near me at all times like I did the analogs, its the weirdest thing its like I need it but I don’t care and that will prove important in the end when I give up the nic as well as I plan to go to no nic one day.

Also I smoked ½ just to see what it was like after not having one for 3 days and it tasted like POO, it was great, I found I prefer the taste of vaping over the analog and that is good news to me.

I can smell better already (dam I need a bath :) ) I had some pizza the other night and I always blamed the brand for the taste but it was me. I defiantly feel better, I have been buzzing around like I am on speed and I have become annoying to my family as I buzz about with no limit to my energy LOL

Synopsis: screw the FDA I’m stocking up on juice and that all there is to it.

RamMan1269

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
FL

LOL You sound like me! Come to Fl where there is no turn signal problem, cause these idiots DON'T USE THEM! :-x

Christina

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
US/Pennsylvania
twoaz1.com
LOL Mary! I often dream of living in FL for the climate. Yet I'm sure between tourists, elderly retiree drivers, and hurricanes it must be daunting to be a full time resident. Please DO talk me out of it?

Whimper, poo poo, sad face, and stuff. I NEED to live where there is no winter! I've dealt with snow and ice every winter of my life and I AM DONE with it.

Still though, long hairs unite! hehe

Nestran

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Rhode Island
Bah, when I quit I saw that and posted it in my cube. I am over 3 weeks now and here is what I can tell you has happened for me:

4hrs - Nothing much
8hrs - Can climb stairs better
24hrs - What the hell am I doing?
48hrs - Did you not hear me, what the hell am I doing???
1 week - Good so far, nobody has died
2 weeks - OK, someone might die
3 weeks - what the hell am I doing???
Present time - Where's the mail, where's the mail, I want the ecig now!!!!:evil::evil:

But yeah, I get to live longer and feel proud that I went cold turkey. NOT!

Not for nothing but If I was not waiting for this to come in, I would have gone back to analogs by now. They really suck but you know... Oh, I'm also waiting for my free sample of snus. You know, just in case the FDA (Federal Deficit Association) gets their way.

Nestran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread