What is Meant by a Genesis Style Atomizer/RDA & What Does RSST Stand For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Hi. I've some rather noobish questions I am hoping the experts here can help me with,

I often see the term "Genesis Style" when referring to Atomizers/RBAs/RDAs. Often SS mesh is mentioned along with them.

1. What is the difference between a Genesis Style and a regular atomizer/RBA/rda using silica or cotton wick?

2. The term "Genesis" infers there was a product with that name at one time, is it still available, if so where?

3. What is an RSST?

4. I'm liking for a decent quality rda with metal or glass (pyrex or quartz) tank that is newb friendly, and budget priced? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
the creator of the first Genesis actually called his Genisis. the name promptly got adapted to Genesis somehow once it went from a prototype to a mass produced atty, like the Line- which was one of the first gennys.

i dont know if even smoktech knows why they chose the letters RSST lol.

i recommend the tried-and-true AGA-T2/+ if youre looking to get in the door on an inexpensive, well-made SS glass tank genny.

edit: I just found out what RSST is by accident. i was reading Vape Magazine and it appears that RSST is Rebuildable Stainless Steel Tank.

http://vapenewsmagazine.com/august-2013/rsst-an-rba-for-beginners

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Something to add, for those that love RDAs... perhaps the most genius dripper I've seen... the Precise Strata, @ $150 before discounts, if any.

Yeah the strata is sick. It's much too rich for my blood ATM but I did hit one and it was incredible. A buddy at a vape meet had one and it was darn tootin. He vapes 6mg and i vape 18 and damn if I could tell the difference this thing hit so hard. The no leaking thing is just icing on the cake. Highly respectable atomizer.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Thanks for the replies Kemosabe, Flux, and Stosh. I will look into the AGA-T2/+, any other alternatives for the impoverished amongst us?

the RSST is a nice beginners genny as well. i didnt mention it right off the bat because ive never used one but from what i gather, its about as easy as gennys come. its got an insulated wick hole to help not get shorts from the deck. and the spring-loaded center pin allows for an easier grip on your positive lead. im not sure if a glass tank is an option for the RSST though. i do know SS is an option however (at a premium).

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Yeah the strata is sick. It's much too rich for my blood ATM but I did hit one and it was incredible. A buddy at a vape meet had one and it was darn tootin. He vapes 6mg and i vape 18 and damn if I could tell the difference this thing hit so hard. The no leaking thing is just icing on the cake. Highly respectable atomizer.

come to think of it...the one i hit didnt look exactly like the strata. it was a dual coil genny-style dripper but it didnt look exactly like this one. hmmm

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks for the replies Kemosabe, Flux, and Stosh. I will look into the AGA-T2/+, any other alternatives for the impoverished amongst us?
The RSST is very popular, and they've been building it long enough that they have it down.
For inexpensive RBAs and RDAs, Youde makes some of the best stuff around. There's a decent representation of Youde products at Vapor Company... and, if you use coupon code "1013"... it knocks 15% off the top.

I'm considering getting the AGA T3... but as it may be in a co-op here in the very near future, I'm going to try and restrain myself. ;-)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
come to think of it...the one i hit didnt look exactly like the strata. it was a dual coil genny-style dripper but it didnt look exactly like this one. hmmm
Yeah... I was wondering about that comment myself. There are only a handful out for testing. There's a pre-order going, but maybe only 5-6 in the field... according to the Precise thread. :)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Yeah... I was wondering about that comment myself. There are only a handful out for testing. There's a pre-order going, but maybe only 5-6 in the field... according to the Precise thread. :)

Yeah I took a closer look and realized it wasn't the same. I saw the dual vertical SS wick dripper and instantly thought it was that. I mean, how many dual vertical SS wick drippers are out there lol? Apparently more than 1! :laugh:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Yeah I took a closer look and realized it wasn't the same. I saw the dual vertical SS wick dripper and instantly thought it was that. I mean, how many dual vertical SS wick drippers are out there lol? Apparently more than 1! :laugh:
Wild guess... 2? What'd I win?
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread