The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What is RFC heater?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by sssun11, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:13 AM.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sssun11

sssun11 Full Member

Oct 26, 2018
    As a new vaper, I don't know what the RFC is. Who can help me? Thanks in advance.

2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    RFC is what riftcore calls it’s heating element

3. sssun11

sssun11 Full Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Thanks! I know the RFC is the heating element of riftcoroe. Is it the patent of Joytech? No other brands use RFC heater?

4. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Nope.

5. sssun11

sssun11 Full Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Thank you very much!

6. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    If you wanna use that :censored: you might want to take a look at this first

7. Tinman033

Tinman033 Full Member

Jul 25, 2018
    Rift Core and Rift Core Duo use them as they're heating element (coil). They are a flat chip style. I researched them and as soon as the price comes down I'm going to get one. Rift Core Duo is my dream tank ATM. Being able to just drop that stop of cotton in. I mean simplest wicking I've ever seen. The RFC is supposed to be a lifetime coil meaning never have to repkace. And I hope so because I have never seen a replacement unit for sell. They do have post screws so they do come out if something happened and you needed too. I think you can install regular coils if worse came to worse. I wouldn't say it would be the easiest or greatest just....possible. Oh probably what you wanted to really know, RFC is a ceramic covered coil. I believe it was something crazy like Tungsten wire encased and protected inside of a ceramic layer. Some say aluminum oxide dust can give it a Wierd flavor but, I've never had that issue with any of my other ceramic coil style tanks. Scylia, and krixus, plus several others ive tried. They usually take a little higher wattage to get going than regular Kantal or other plain wires. So wouldn't think these would either. I say if you are considering purchasing one then go for it. And lete know if it's as awsome as I believe it's going to be. Hope some of that was useful info for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    kewl ,,, I learned something today... I was going to say RFC stands for " Remote Fire Control"... uses Bluetooth tech ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tinman033

Tinman033 Full Member

Jul 25, 2018
    Coulda been Radio. Frequency Controls it was a toss up. Those little Drones have driven many people to forums in a mad frenzy I'm sure.

10. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Glad you found your answer.

11. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I never tried any of the newer ceramic coils , like this or ones he mentioned in the video, but use to adore the old porous ceramic rods. The old rods were coiled and were used in genny tanks, but no cotton was used at all. These ceramic rods produced the absolute best flavor I have ever tasted , hands down imo, but they were strictly mtl at low wattage. I think they were so good because there was no other wicking material along with them, as they were the wicking material. These new ceramic coils are totally different , I know, and look promising imo once they work out the bugs. I do know that ceramic coated pans are becoming more popular and can handle a lot of heat, so why not a coil? I'm kind of liking it, but really don't know much about it, which seems to be the issue.