What is RFC heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinman033

Jul 25, 2018
As a new vaper, I don't know what the RFC is. Who can help me? Thanks in advance.

Rift Core and Rift Core Duo use them as they're heating element (coil). They are a flat chip style. I researched them and as soon as the price comes down I'm going to get one. Rift Core Duo is my dream tank ATM. Being able to just drop that stop of cotton in. I mean simplest wicking I've ever seen. The RFC is supposed to be a lifetime coil meaning never have to repkace. And I hope so because I have never seen a replacement unit for sell. They do have post screws so they do come out if something happened and you needed too. I think you can install regular coils if worse came to worse. I wouldn't say it would be the easiest or greatest just....possible. Oh probably what you wanted to really know, RFC is a ceramic covered coil. I believe it was something crazy like Tungsten wire encased and protected inside of a ceramic layer. Some say aluminum oxide dust can give it a Wierd flavor but, I've never had that issue with any of my other ceramic coil style tanks. Scylia, and krixus, plus several others ive tried. They usually take a little higher wattage to get going than regular Kantal or other plain wires. So wouldn't think these would either. I say if you are considering purchasing one then go for it. And lete know if it's as awsome as I believe it's going to be. Hope some of that was useful info for you.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I never tried any of the newer ceramic coils , like this or ones he mentioned in the video, but use to adore the old porous ceramic rods. The old rods were coiled and were used in genny tanks, but no cotton was used at all. These ceramic rods produced the absolute best flavor I have ever tasted , hands down imo, but they were strictly mtl at low wattage. I think they were so good because there was no other wicking material along with them, as they were the wicking material. These new ceramic coils are totally different , I know, and look promising imo once they work out the bugs. I do know that ceramic coated pans are becoming more popular and can handle a lot of heat, so why not a coil? I'm kind of liking it, but really don't know much about it, which seems to be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread