Over the hills and far away
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Well, the Kick is limited to 10W, so with a 1.5 Ohm carto that is about 2.5 amps.

that is correct, if the kick can handle 2.5 amps. its possible the kick is lower, or higher.

i did read that the "sweet spot" recommended is 1.3ohm to 3 ohm coils. so if youve got a 1.3ohm coil running at 10w, that puts it at slightly higher than 2.77A.

it would be nice to get a definitave answer on this. im shocked that no one is chiming in with the answer. is it indeed a mystery... or perhaps the people that know the answer are not seeing this thread.

maybe this bump will help.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I can't remember what it was, but I know the answer is in PBusardo's youtube review on the kick. He hooks that thing up to every meter and scope imaginable. It's not without it's limits, but I do LOVE my kick! Now if I just had a mech too put it in...

good tip Cjax! i cant believe i didnt think of that.

Satava

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, the max wattage is 10. What's the minimum ohmage it can run?

Assuming it's anything like a standard VW setup I'm guessing it won't fire below 1.2 (I don't own one yet)

At 1.2ohms you'd fire 10w at 3.46v at approx 2.89A

Edit: I'm gonna make an educated guess and say it might not actually attain 2.89A, but I could be wrong. It could have similar 3.5A limitations as the ProVari v2 and it could fire lower resists as well.

Potentially for 3.5A, you might be able to do 0.8ohms at 2.85v for 10w

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Well, the max wattage is 10. What's the minimum ohmage it can run?

Assuming it's anything like a standard VW setup I'm guessing it won't fire below 1.2 (I don't own one yet)

At 1.2ohms you'd fire 10w at 3.46v at approx 2.89A

Edit: I'm gonna make an educated guess and say it might not actually attain 2.89A, but I could be wrong. It could have similar 3.5A limitations as the ProVari v2 and it could fire lower resists as well.

Potentially for 3.5A, you might be able to do 0.8ohms at 2.85v for 10w

the instructions on the kick says it works *optimally* at 1.3 to 3Ω. its doesnt say it *wont* work below 1.3Ω. so its a really big mystery. i might just give my 1.1Ω coil a try, but i dont want to blow a fuse or somehting.

does anyone know if the kick sputters or gives some type of amp limit warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread