The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What is the Amp Limit on the Kick?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Kemosabe, Mar 15, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    Does the kick even have an amp limit?
    while looking at the new device, the Crown, i noticed that its got a 2.5A limit. kinda low IMO. whats the limit on the kick?

2. TheArtist
    This message by TheArtist has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 2, 2014, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Mar 16, 2013
  3. Kemosabe

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    that is correct, if the kick can handle 2.5 amps. its possible the kick is lower, or higher.

i did read that the "sweet spot" recommended is 1.3ohm to 3 ohm coils. so if youve got a 1.3ohm coil running at 10w, that puts it at slightly higher than 2.77A.

it would be nice to get a definitave answer on this. im shocked that no one is chiming in with the answer. is it indeed a mystery... or perhaps the people that know the answer are not seeing this thread.

maybe this bump will help.

4. Cjax

Cjax Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    RVa USA
    I can't remember what it was, but I know the answer is in PBusardo's youtube review on the kick. He hooks that thing up to every meter and scope imaginable. It's not without it's limits, but I do LOVE my kick! Now if I just had a mech too put it in...

5. Kemosabe

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    good tip Cjax! i cant believe i didnt think of that.

6. Kemosabe

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    unfortunately PBusardo does not mention the amp limit. i just watched the whole video. nada. why is this question such a mystery?! im sure lots of people before me have asked what the amp limit is. surely someone has figured it out by now...???

someone...please: what in the world is the amp limit on the kick?

7. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion

8. Satava

Satava Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Well, the max wattage is 10. What's the minimum ohmage it can run?

Assuming it's anything like a standard VW setup I'm guessing it won't fire below 1.2 (I don't own one yet)

At 1.2ohms you'd fire 10w at 3.46v at approx 2.89A

Edit: I'm gonna make an educated guess and say it might not actually attain 2.89A, but I could be wrong. It could have similar 3.5A limitations as the ProVari v2 and it could fire lower resists as well.

Potentially for 3.5A, you might be able to do 0.8ohms at 2.85v for 10w

9. Kemosabe

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    the instructions on the kick says it works *optimally* at 1.3 to 3Ω. its doesnt say it *wont* work below 1.3Ω. so its a really big mystery. i might just give my 1.1Ω coil a try, but i dont want to blow a fuse or somehting.

does anyone know if the kick sputters or gives some type of amp limit warning?

10. Kemosabe

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    welp, i finally emailed Evolv and got a prompt response. the kick's amp limit is 4.5A. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.