What is with the leaky Clearomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocFox

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sultan, WA, USA
I'm starting to get pretty frustrated- I've bought CE4 type clearomizers from three different vendors, and I'm starting to wonder if this is just the nature of the beast, or user error. Seems like in the very first tank use, they start oozing juice into the battery. Is it because I'm buying cheap models (pay about $6 per) or is this just the way it goes, or what? And then sometimes I get a brand new one that you can barely pull a drag from. And yes, I am also frustrated by how soon a crack forms at the bottom ring, and it starts leaking outside the tank. Oy.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
I'm starting to get pretty frustrated- I've bought CE4 type clearomizers from three different vendors, and I'm starting to wonder if this is just the nature of the beast, or user error. Seems like in the very first tank use, they start oozing juice into the battery. Is it because I'm buying cheap models (pay about $6 per) or is this just the way it goes, or what? And then sometimes I get a brand new one that you can barely pull a drag from. And yes, I am also frustrated by how soon a crack forms at the bottom ring, and it starts leaking outside the tank. Oy.

I purchased lots of ce4s. They all eventually leaked. I now use the Vision V3s (CE5s and Stamped with the Vision Logo) and after 6 months have not had one of them leak. I have heard tell of the knock offs leaking but I have had no problems thus far with the V3s.

CCasualAMF

May 28, 2013
UK
I'm still new so apologies if all of the following is completely wrong but..

If you're using anything with a 510 fittment or you dont mind using adaptors if not; go for any of the Kanger Protank, EVOD or MT3 (which I'm told are exactly the same as T3's except the outer sleeve which wont affect vaping).

I have used all of the above and have had no issues, leaking or otherwise, to date.

All of the above are bottom coil though so bare that in mind but the flavour and vapour production on all three I've mentioned is really somehting to write home about.

Happy vaping!

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Sorry you're having problems. I quit using CE4 type clearos. No matter where I purchased them from they leaked! Those darn things got on my nerves! Hang in there! It's the nature of the beast! Try out a nova, evod, protank of something of that nature & hopefully you should have better results.

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
My eGo kit came with 2 CE4s and I'm not happy with them either. To me they are inconsistent with vapor production, tend to leak, and just don't perform well. I won't be buying any more CE4s. I've been using CE3s which are bottom coil and they are better. Downside is you have to fill them with a syringe but it's not a big deal.

My next move will probably be an EVOD.

Last edited:

DocFox

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sultan, WA, USA
I purchased lots of ce4s. They all eventually leaked. I now use the Vision V3s (CE5s and Stamped with the Vision Logo) and after 6 months have not had one of them leak. I have heard tell of the knock offs leaking but I have had no problems thus far with the V3s.

Thank you. Can you give some advice about battery/clearomizer match ups? I get confused about what models will accept what, or if they all work kind of interchangably. Sorry- I'm kinda a newbie!

DocFox

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sultan, WA, USA
I always had trouble with the tanks cracking and leaking, too. But you will find that some flavors cause the plastic to crack. If you use non flavored juice, they will never crack. You need to use something with a polycarbonate, metal, or glass housing for those flavors.

Wow, well that is good to know!

DocFox

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sultan, WA, USA
My eGo kit came with 2 CE4s and I'm not happy with them either. To me they are inconsistent with vapor production, tend to leak, and just don't perform well. I won't be buying any more CE4s. I've been using using CE3s which are bottom coil and they are better. Downside is you have to fill them with a syringe but it's not a big deal.

My next move will probably be an EVOD.

I don't mind syringe- I have one I've been using that came with a ink tank refill I can't use. Are we allowed to mention vendors in this thread? If so I'd appreciate a tip for a reliable source.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
All clearos leak (even the protank, evod and t3's, but to a lesser extent).

This. While it's not very much for the Protank, it still dribbles a wee bit onto the post of your battery. I just keep a handy supply of q-tips handy for when I change things out.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
All clearos leak (even the protank, evod and t3's, but to a lesser extent). I no longer use them. IMO a carto tank is the way to go. Doesn't leak and you get a much more consistent vape. They do take a little more work to get set up though.

Your avatar is my all time fav Horror movie .... ;-)~ I have been curious about the carto tanks. Its about the only way I have not gone yet. My Protank vapes like a champ until it gets below half full. Then it starts gurgling and leaks all over my bats. I have never had my Vivi Nova minis leak but they are a very inconsistent vape for me and seem very picky about the juices they will vape well. The Vision V3s have worked best for me so far but have a few issues themselves. I have heard some good things about evods but have not tried those.

Most people seem to love the vape from carto tanks. The only cons I have heard have been the "tinker factor"..

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I've had pretty good results with CE5, although I've not used the CE4. I don't run acidic juices in plastic, reserving those for glass devices, so haven't had any melt on me...

Many of the leaking issues seem to be from overfilling. Yes, the 1.6 ml mark is supposed to be full, but if the head is even slightly loose on the post, or it's gasket is marginal, it's liable to leak when filled to that point - it's above the head to seal point.

The tube to metal join near the bottom can certanily be a weak point. Be careful when attaching / removing to only grab the metal, to keep stress off that point. Hard to to on the CE4, I imagine, but not a big deal with the CE5 - where you really want to grab the bottom metal band so you don't take the device apart while still on the battery!

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Your avatar is my all time fav Horror movie .... ;-)~ I have been curious about the carto tanks. Its about the only way I have not gone yet. My Protank vapes like a champ until it gets below half full. Then it starts gurgling and leaks all over my bats. I have never had my Vivi Nova minis leak but they are a very inconsistent vape for me and seem very picky about the juices they will vape well. The Vision V3s have worked best for me so far but have a few issues themselves. I have heard some good things about evods but have not tried those.

Most people seem to love the vape from carto tanks. The only cons I have heard have been the "tinker factor"..

There is a learning curve for sure, but when you figure it out you will get the most leak free consistent vape from any juice delivery device out there. At first it would take me about 15 minutes to set up a tank. Now it takes me about 2 minutes a week.

b2darizzle

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
New Orleans, LA
I've been getting a decent vaping experience from my CE4 clearomizers (I honestly like the EVODs better - less noisy and more consistent), but I noticed this today on my CE4:

FYM1rI7.jpg

Ever since, I've noticed getting more juice on my battery post. The juice is just a RY4 blend, so nothing extravagant that could be screwing with it. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread