What mod to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1boon

Aug 15, 2018
Oulu, Finland
I have only one mod currently (Wismec reuleaux RX Gen3), and it's pretty annoying to switch between rda and RTA depending on the situation, so I thought of getting another one.

I'm looking for an affordable mod to complement my other gear. It would have to work either as a daily carry or at home vape. Preferably both, if possible, so I can switch my mods around as I like.

I have currently Vandy Vape Mesh rda (I use this mostly when I'm home) and Geekvape Zeus Dual (carry), both of which have coil(s)/mesh of <.5 ohms and I almost never go above that.

Any recommendations?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think an Ages or a Legend (depending on your wattage needs for an all day vape) well, either would be a good choice, and they're really pretty indestructible. I think the Ages in particular (although neither one is ungodly expensive ATM especially with sales) might be budget friendly in the sense that you get a lot from what you'd be paying for it.

Good luck deciding.

Anna

tr1boon

Aug 15, 2018
Oulu, Finland
Whoa, Aegis looks like a seriously rugged mod. Now that I think of it, it was one of the mods I was considering to buy as my first, before settling with the more expensive (also a lot more powerful) Gen3.
If I remember right, it costs something around 60€ here without the battery.
I also checked the sales mentioned and if it were legal to buy 'tobacco products' online here, I'd grab one right away. Still not a bad option though.

I also considered that maybe I'd get a squonker for the RDA since Gen3 is quite small and portable for a triple 18650, and works pretty well as carry. I had one in mind, but I've forgotten the name now.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Owning one myself, I second the Geekvape Aegis Legend. Bit heavy in comparison to others of similar size, but you have the added confidence of its durability. Despite the weight, I find it very comfortable to use in both trigger or thumb fire. Very grippy, my thumbs fit perfectly within that aluminum frame. And the padded leather back adds a nice touch. Yes, it’s real leather. Not sure if it’s corinthian but definitely real leather :)

The menu is simple and straight forward to use. The USB is a bit of a pain to get to – but if you have a battery charger (which is recommended) then you should only need access for the odd firmware update. Throw a RDA on this beast and you have an indestructible mod

Melsaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2018
That's the one I had in mind! It's more expensive here though, around 40€ if I remember correctly. Still not that much when you consider that here mods cost usually around 70€
It is a mechanical mod,, very little to tinker with, consider getting a aleader Killer 80 for that money.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread