What most fascinates you in the Vaping World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
What:

-Makes you curious
-Have you always wondered
-Really excites you
-Isn't getting the coverage you think it should
-Is important for anyone using electronic cigarettes to know

We want to help drive content to be interesting to YOU, the viewer, not just us the hosts. If there's anything you think is important, fascinating, or fun...we want to cover it!

Feel free to comment here, or hit any of the Vapelink crew up via PM.

MrMayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Maryland, USA
I've watched four of episodes of Vapelink on youtube so far, and I like the content. I think you guys need to keep doing what you're doing. Vapelink does a good job covering the hot topics and having reason driven discussions about them. I'm looking forward to the episode where you guys discuss the classies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I've watched four of episodes of Vapelink on youtube so far, and I like the content. I think you guys need to keep doing what you're doing. Vapelink does a good job covering the hot topics and having reason driven discussions about them. I'm looking forward to the episode where you guys discuss the classies.

J0ker is on a tight schedule lately with all of the natural disasters. If Vapelink wants to have a segment on the classifieds again it may take some prior notice to ensure his availability. I'm guessing they are watching to see how it develops before revisiting the subject.

MrMayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Maryland, USA
J0ker is on a tight schedule lately with all of the natural disasters. If Vapelink wants to have a segment on the classifieds again it may take some prior notice to ensure his availability. I'm guessing they are watching to see how it develops before revisiting the subject.

Thanks, Oldsoldier. I meant the episode that has Classies in the title. I'm not caught up yet. I just finished the fifth episode. Definitely enjoying the show.

I'm a fan of the Cap. A lot of people buy mods just to sell for profit. I think the limit is reasonable, and 20% is more than fair. Just my opinion. I've heard love/hate for the changes. I'm just looking forward to hearing it being discussed in a sensible way. From the episodes I've seen so far, Vapelink seems the perfect venue for sensible discussions.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL

Thanks Sir! I'm glad you are liking it. Hopefully some of the episodes will hold up as thought provoking over the long haul.

The Classies episode came out pretty well. We may revisit it in the future, but for right now we'll let that episode age gracefully.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
A hot lady vaper co-host would be nice. Lol.

We've been thinking about having Basil go topless actually. Watcha think?

But seriously, aside from the hot factor, we've been thinking about how to include a woman's perspective on the show. But we're still hashing it out and kinda researching things.

There may be more to come on this at some point. Probably will take a while.

MrMayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Maryland, USA
We've been thinking about having Basil go topless actually. Watcha think?

But seriously, aside from the hot factor, we've been thinking about how to include a woman's perspective on the show. But we're still hashing it out and kinda researching things.

There may be more to come on this at some point. Probably will take a while.

I vote no on Basil going topless! haha

That's probably a good idea about the female perspective. Their minds work differently than ours and a woman may bring up concerns/points on topics that Guys wouldn't even think of. Don't quote me on this, I'll deny it. ;-)

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
What:

-Makes you curious
-Have you always wondered
-Really excites you
-Isn't getting the coverage you think it should
-Is important for anyone using electronic cigarettes to know

We want to help drive content to be interesting to YOU, the viewer, not just us the hosts. If there's anything you think is important, fascinating, or fun...we want to cover it!

Feel free to comment here, or hit any of the Vapelink crew up via PM.

What fascinates me is how fast things change...There's always something new and "better" it seems. A couple months ago I was fascinated by carto tanks, then vivi novas and a clearo that actually tasted decent, and now it's rebuildables.

It's hard to keep up with all of the information, and the money!

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
What fascinates me is how fast things change...There's always something new and "better" it seems. A couple months ago I was fascinated by carto tanks, then vivi novas and a clearo that actually tasted decent, and now it's rebuildables.

Trust me...my wallet knows what you're talking about!

I think it's good to see things changing...but I will say...a vi vi nova is still aces. The rebuildables are nice...but I prefer spending more on a high quality one. The Chinese ones lack the finish I want in something I plan on keeping long term.

MrMayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Maryland, USA

Getting into the Genesis style atomizers is fun, and pricey. I think we're all in the constant search for the perfect vape!

victimdies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
Rochester, ny
Quoted:
I'd be interested reading whatever it was that indicated that. I can't think of any reason that there could be any appreciable difference in the vaping experience at the same wattage but different amps, but I always leave open the possibility that I'm wrong so I don't get "stuck" being wrong whilst busy thinking I'm right

Interesting point. But vaping a 28g coil vs a 32g coil is very different.

So by way of an easy example using this info, if you are vaping at 4v on a 2ohm coil, the wattage is the same for both 28g and 32g, which we all know by heart is 8 watts.

But the 28g coil will be about 11 wraps on a 2.5mm wick, the 32g will be about 5 wraps. If both coils are both spaced at the same distance, you have greater wick coverage with the 28g. However, you are also distributing that same amount of wattage over greater surface area.

That is probably one reason why you can vape at say, 20 watts like victimdies.

So while he is generating some serious heat, he must be distributing that over a greater area of wick or he would be burning his joose. In order to distribute that heat, he needs lower resistant wire and more of it. Lower resistant wire also requires more amps to achieve the same surface area heat transfer, so watts by itself is probably not the best way to describe a vape experience.

The source below states that 28g Kanthal requires a little bit more than 2x the amperage of 32g Kanthal to reach the same wire temp. So it get more complex. Real world we know that it takes 28g vs 32g a bit longer to heat up as well.

I would love for you guys to talk about how wattage is not a good way to define your vaping preference. Things such as the kick and other vw devices maintain a constant wattage but depending on your setup can vastly change your experience even with the same wattage.

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
Trust me...my wallet knows what you're talking about!

I think it's good to see things changing...but I will say...a vi vi nova is still aces. The rebuildables are nice...but I prefer spending more on a high quality one. The Chinese ones lack the finish I want in something I plan on keeping long term.

Oh mike ..ull would love the kayfun es 3!!

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
Your show is great guys !! Really !! I would love to catch it live tho
About interest , well any mod and any set up or vaping related issue out there" like ur doing" which is like I said GREAT.
But that bomb shall ,I would like to see it compared" if not head to head on an other show" with that seamless looking mod ;-).

Thanks guys for your work.

Cheers

Arongatt "candysmoker"

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Quoted:
I'd be interested reading whatever it was that indicated that. I can't think of any reason that there could be any appreciable difference in the vaping experience at the same wattage but different amps, but I always leave open the possibility that I'm wrong so I don't get "stuck" being wrong whilst busy thinking I'm right

Interesting point. But vaping a 28g coil vs a 32g coil is very different.

So by way of an easy example using this info, if you are vaping at 4v on a 2ohm coil, the wattage is the same for both 28g and 32g, which we all know by heart is 8 watts.

But the 28g coil will be about 11 wraps on a 2.5mm wick, the 32g will be about 5 wraps. If both coils are both spaced at the same distance, you have greater wick coverage with the 28g. However, you are also distributing that same amount of wattage over greater surface area.

That is probably one reason why you can vape at say, 20 watts like victimdies.

So while he is generating some serious heat, he must be distributing that over a greater area of wick or he would be burning his joose. In order to distribute that heat, he needs lower resistant wire and more of it. Lower resistant wire also requires more amps to achieve the same surface area heat transfer, so watts by itself is probably not the best way to describe a vape experience.

The source below states that 28g Kanthal requires a little bit more than 2x the amperage of 32g Kanthal to reach the same wire temp. So it get more complex. Real world we know that it takes 28g vs 32g a bit longer to heat up as well.

I would love for you guys to talk about how wattage is not a good way to define your vaping preference. Things such as the kick and other vw devices maintain a constant wattage but depending on your setup can vastly change your experience even with the same wattage.

You raise a lot of good points. I'm going to have to dig a bit deeper into this, I'll be honest, I never bought the whole VW is the end all be all. I actually prefer VV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread