What should e-liquid taste like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahkkharu

Apr 9, 2016
Hello to all, my name is Darwing and I'm "new" in the forum. I say "new" because I've been reading for about a month lots of threads and I had like 2 weeks trying to register but I always ended hooking up with some thread with lots of links (like the ones from rolygate, you know?) or with 60+ pages and forget to register at the end.

Well, the thing is, I have never smoked and have no interest in using nic, however, as a chemist, I decided to buy some flavors from TFA, some VG and PG from Wizard Labs and give a try to DIY some juices. However, since I never vaped when I had the chance, I don't know how a good juice is supposed to taste like. I have read people taking about delicious mix and being capable of perceiving different "tones" "undertones" and get a nice after taste in some mixes. I have done the recipes using breaktru e-juice calculator and using proper laboratory equipment and techniques, since I'm familiar with lab procedures but I still percive flavors like very subtle, bland, lacking deep... Since I've never smoked there should be nothing wrong with my tongue. I have steeped some juices over 2 weeks, gone from 2% to 25% in flavor concentrations, used a lot of techniques to bring up the flavor and steep, varying %, etc. but I got no luck yet like in 30+ 10mL bottles... I have used pen like devices, starter kits (like Kanger top box) and even Japanese cotton + Dark Horse RDA, with different set ups and Voltage/Wattage and still nothing...

I like strong flavors, maybe the thing is I'm expecting my juice to taste like a real candy, or like a real Nutella or S'more and the truth is I only can get a little hint of those flavors because it is not the same the real food than the vapor...

So, as stated, I have no clue how a "Good" juice should taste like, I'd like to know how close from the "real" thing it could be, I hope somebody can help me "describe" the flavor and potency to be expected from mixes (you can include your favorite mixes and I can replicate them as long as the main flavors are TFA)

I'm in South America and in my country there are few resellers from some low quality producers, so I have never though of buying juice from them and buying sample bottles from good manufactures will be very expensive, specially the shipping (like 42+$ the first 0.5pound x__X )

P.D.: Sorry for my bad english and for the long post, but I'm very frustated after reading and working for over 1 month with no results, this runt was my way of releasing stress. Hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Ahkkharu

Apr 9, 2016
There are some flavors/mixes I've liked, but since I don't have a reference point I don't know if this is good, can be better or if I'm going after the Holy Grail... If somebody truly tells me that he has tasted a juice very close to a particular candy/food/liquor/etc and I'm trying to clone that flavor, then I know I can keep improving, however if he says the closer to the real thing is a subtle flavor I would know that is the best I can get and then I can make my choice: vaping it or not vaping at all. The only thing I'm asking for is references to the potency/similarity of flavors, compared with real food/beverage/candies, etc.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
"Taste" in a vapor is not going to like taste in a candy, not really - it's a sensation of that flavor you get...

I would suggest this though - a lot of the "taste" can come on the EXHALE, particularly if you vent the vapor through your NOSE, rather than blowing it out through your mouth.

You should get sweetness, or nuttiness, or a hint of whatever fruit you used, etc...but vaping Orange isn't ever going to truly taste like biting into one!

Enjoy
:D

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
That's a good eay to put it. You can get the flavor, but you probably can't match the intensity. Welcome to the board.
Thanks Trains! That is a starting point :) So, should I be looking for something like the flavor in a bubble gum after chewing 10-15 minutes instead of the first chew? Tootsie roll flavor instead of Nestle or Hersheys chocolate bar? Peppermint similar to the aftertaste of toothpaste 20 minutes after brushing your teeth?

Reactions: Ahkkharu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread