What SUBOHM Mod Should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
But I don't wind claptons... 35W is plenty for the single stranded coils that I make.... Yes, I have a bit of ramp up time compared to when I run higher wattage's but I just hold the fire button down for a second or two until the coil starts producing vapor and then I start hitting it. I do however crank up the power when ever I really want to do some room fogging.
Exactly what I'm saying. Power is all dependent on your build. 35w for a regular build is normal. I run my Atlantis .5 ohm coils at 30w. The 1.0's at 42.5w. I tried using the 1.0 ohm coil at 15w but it barely produced vapor. And I absolutely hate the .3 ohm Atlantis coils because they more juice than a dehydrated guy running a marathon in 110° heat and they're rated for 70-80w. But when it comes to my more intricate builds, they tend to require more power to give me the kind of vape I like. Not hot, but warm and dense vapor production.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Exactly what I'm saying. Power is all dependent on your build. 35w for a regular build is normal. I run my Atlantis .5 ohm coils at 30w. The 1.0's at 42.5w. I tried using the 1.0 ohm coil at 15w but it barely produced vapor. And I absolutely hate the .3 ohm Atlantis coils because they more juice than a dehydrated guy running a marathon in 110° heat and they're rated for 70-80w. But when it comes to my more intricate builds, they tend to require more power to give me the kind of vape I like. Not hot, but warm and dense vapor production.

Yes, I knew exactly what you meant. I have often thought about making some of the more complex coils because of the extra surface area on the coil, but because I am somewhat lazy in regards to building coils then I just stick to my single wire ones. I have gotten fairly good at building and I am somewhat fast at building single wire coils. I do not like to spend lots of time messing around with coils. Now, some folks love that sort of thing but I suppose I am not one of them. I do cloud chucking (quite often) and so I crank up the power quite high. I used to do nothing but cloud chucking but I have noticed that now days I am blowing clouds at lower wattage's. They might not be as big of clouds but they are still pretty sizable. My vaping seems to be changing....... Instead of always running at high power and low ohm coils, I am finding myself running fairly low ohm coils but at a much lower power. It's just my thing as everyone here has different preferences.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread