Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Two tanks that I would recommend as "great" for a typical vaper are the Aspire Nautilus Mini (1.6 or 1.8 BVC coils I run at 12 to 15 watts) and the Kanger Subtank Mini (I use the 1.2 ohm factory coils @ 15 to 18 watts). You can purchase replacement coils for either, but the Subtank Mini has a rebuild deck should you desire to go there in the future. With either of these tanks they will best perform if you have a regulated mod to power them. (I use the iStick 50W, though an iStick 30W or equivalent will run either tank great)

You can use these links to shop if interested.
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)

Good luck in your vape journey.

carolineduff93

Jun 1, 2015
Two tanks that I would recommend as "great" for a typical vaper are the Aspire Nautilus Mini (1.6 or 1.8 BVC coils I run at 12 to 15 watts) and the Kanger Subtank Mini (I use the 1.2 ohm factory coils @ 15 to 18 watts). You can purchase replacement coils for either, but the Subtank Mini has a rebuild deck should you desire to go there in the future. With either of these tanks they will best perform if you have a regulated mod to power them. (I use the iStick 50W, though an iStick 30W or equivalent will run either tank great)

You can use these links to shop if interested.
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)

Good luck in your vape journey.
thank you sooo much! i have been looking at kanger products a lot lately.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Sub (below- as in it can use coils with less resistance than 1.0 ohm) I use the factory 1.2 ohm coils as I have found it gives great flavor and decent clouds at that resistance. The Kanger Subtank Mini comes with a 1.2, a .5(sub ohm) and a rebuild deck (coiled with a .5 coil). Also included are spare o rings, a spare glass, a screwdriver and some cotton to wick the rebuild deck if you desire to try it out.

The rule of thumb is the lower you go in resistance of the coils the more power you will need to use it. It's one of the reasons I stick to the 1.2 ohm coils, they allow the battery to last longer.
what does "subtank" mean?

carolineduff93

Jun 1, 2015
Sub (below- as in it can use coils with less resistance than 1.0 ohm) I use the factory 1.2 ohm coils as I have found it gives great flavor and decent clouds at that resistance. The Kanger Subtank Mini comes with a 1.2, a .5(sub ohm) and a rebuild deck (coiled with a .5 coil). Also included are spare o rings, a spare glass, a screwdriver and some cotton to wick the rebuild deck if you desire to try it out.

The rule of thumb is the lower you go in resistance of the coils the more power you will need to use it. It's one of the reasons I stick to the 1.2 ohm coils, they allow the battery to last longer.
perfect! thanks so much

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Aw, I can't give you good advice on batteries. "Mods" especially "regulated Mods" are power supplies. Some take batteries that you can replace when they need recharged (like the ipv mini, 30W), and some like the iSticks have an internal battery that you just plug into to recharge. There are pro's and cons with both types. If you get the replaceable battery type I would highly recommend a separate quality battery charger and the appropriate batteries. I went with iSticks because I didn't want to have to get the extra charger and extra batteries. I got the iStick 50W because it has a 4400 mah (battery life) battery. I believe the batteries most are recommending for the mods where you replace are labeled "IMR" . If you shop for a mod they will have the appropriate batteries too (usually around $10 or less each) Baditude has a blog about batteries, I'll see if I can locate it.

WilsonPhillips

Feb 26, 2015
im looking for a few different tanks that are low maintenance. i don't really want to rebuild one. i just want a tank that i can buy replacement coils for. i know of the aspire tanks. but what other brand and tanks are awesome, that you guys love? any size!
I see that no one has asked the question of what kind of vaper are you? Do you hit Mouth to Lung, or are you wanting to do Lung Hits? This is going to determine the type of tank you will prefer. If you do Mouth to Lung, you will want something like the Aspire Nautilus. If you want to Lung Hit, then you will want something with a lot more airflow, such as the Starre. We need a little more info, before anyone can really answer your questions.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Yes the Freemax Starre is a great tank but not for beginners or if you mouth to lung, without that info, I can't recommend anything. I am always reluctant to mention the Starre tank as it has to be vaped at higher wattage, which means a powerful box mod and it will drink a tank of 5ml juice in 3 hours flat. I still rate the nautilus mini, good flavour and 5ml can last you into the evening, but they are two completely different tanks and are vaped completely different too, my starre tank drinks 150ml of juice per week to give you an idea. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread