Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey reoville!

Didn't know where else to turn with this, so I figured I'd ask you fine people!

Recently one of the posts came out of my chalice, and as my chalice was my only rba and my reo my only mod I'm heartbroken lol. Whatever connection that is made beneath the cup seems to be severed.. I tried emailing mark bugs and no luck. Here's my question, should I just toss this thing, or is there anyone reputable around the reo comunity that can repair these things? If it was any less then an arm and a leg for me to buy it, I'd be more willing to throw it away, but the thought of a $200 atty dead makes me sad lol.

If anyone has any ideas or thinks they can do something with it I'm all ears! Thanks everyone!

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I've never had either of mine apart but pretty sure SuperX has taken them apart and back together before.

He will probably see this thread but if not maybe PM him. I know with the RM2 the posts unscrew but not sure about the Chalice .... Hope you can get her back working its by far the best BF RBA in the world. I know if one of my two broke I'd do anything to get it back working.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I am pretty sure the chalice is pressed together . You should be able to thread the post back into place unless its stripped . If you dont get anywhere your welcome to send it to me I will take a look at it . You can probably move the center post to align the screw hole

Rob, you are my hero in so many ways......:)

Jan

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
Hey reoville!

Didn't know where else to turn with this, so I figured I'd ask you fine people!

Recently one of the posts came out of my chalice, and as my chalice was my only RBA and my reo my only mod I'm heartbroken lol. Whatever connection that is made beneath the cup seems to be severed.. I tried emailing mark bugs and no luck. Here's my question, should I just toss this thing, or is there anyone reputable around the reo comunity that can repair these things? If it was any less then an arm and a leg for me to buy it, I'd be more willing to throw it away, but the thought of a $200 atty dead makes me sad lol.

If anyone has any ideas or thinks they can do something with it I'm all ears! Thanks everyone!

Mate,
You can send it back to us to fix it, no matter if it is or not under guaranty, it will be fixed for free the only thing you have to pay is the shipping from you to us.
Please give me a PM with some photos ... maybe it is something easy and you can do it by yourself.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Omg! Firstof all, thank you soooo much guys for making me feel better. I kind of thought it was the end lol, and had I not disabled my paypal I might have just bought a couple rm2 and moved on.

I'm gonna go ahead and quote reply some specific people here, but just wanted to say a general thank you from me and my grieving reo!

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I am pretty sure the chalice is pressed together . You should be able to thread the post back into place unless its stripped . If you dont get anywhere your welcome to send it to me I will take a look at it . You can probably move the center post to align the screw hole

Rob as always thank you for the offer of assistance :). I believe it is press fit as well. I'm going to take a bunch of photos of everything for Mark who replied below and maybe we can troubleshoot it somehow :) anyways thanks man!

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Thank you kindly! I feel like a damsel in distress haha, I avoided starting this thread for a week haha and it appears I should have trusted in my reo brethren all along! Thanks for your offer, ill speak with mark below this post and if we have problems resolving the issue you or rob could certainly have a look for me. Thanks!

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Mate,
You can send it back to us to fix it, no matter if it is or not under guaranty, it will be fixed for free the only thing you have to pay is the shipping from you to us.
Please give me a PM with some photos ... maybe it is something easy and you can do it by yourself.

You are a life saver! Thanks for the response. When I mentioned no luck in emailing you, I only meant I hadn't received a response yet. Ill tell you what happened and follow up with some pictures for your consideration!

I started having the odd inconsistant firing when this started, and shortly after notices the post (set with the plastic insulator) was slightly loose. So the first time , I took pliers and gave it a firm press down and it seemed better.

The next stage of trouble involved power delivery. I would make a perfect coil, somehow have proper ohms across the screws on my meter, but when attached to my device, I couldn't get any power to my coil. So this time I gently wiggled out the post and could see a small silver contact point under the plate which I tried my best to press the post back in contact with.

For a while that was ok, though suddenly out of nowhere it would stop firing until rebuild for no reason. Since the last fail I tried the same trick, but I'm not seeing anything really under the plate. I tried a couple times to bridge it with a small piece of wire but basically that's the last I was able to get it to work. All of the problems are from the one post that's set into the clear plastic insulator.

Anyways mark. Thank you for responding. Ill follow this post up with a mess of pictures and ill eagerly await any ideas you fine people have. Also thank you for your wonderful offer of a free repair, that certainly makes me feel real good about my purchase!

Pictures to follow, thanks again everyone!

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Pics. Let me know if you need more specifics!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371413410.134753.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371413426.334684.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371413434.451975.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371413450.051523.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371413472.335350.jpg

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bro, I'd be sending it to Mark Bugs, like he said. He is going to repair it free. Can't beat that. Or you could PM him with the pix :)

For sure dude, I'm in contact with them and hoping to have that sorted out soon :) There were a few others in the thread asking about pictures that's all so I thought I'd revive the thread from page 2 lol!

Either way I'm glad I don't just have a shiny piece of paperweight here lol!

Thanks to all who participated in this thread :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
For sure dude, I'm in contact with them and hoping to have that sorted out soon :) There were a few others in the thread asking about pictures that's all so I thought I'd revive the thread from page 2 lol!

Either way I'm glad I don't just have a shiny piece of paperweight here lol!

Thanks to all who participated in this thread :)

I hear ya man. I glad that MB is repairing em free too. That is great service on a great product. I have a chalice that I will never part with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread