Whats the "best" clone out there? And what equipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have quite a few mechanicals, OEM and clones. I like the HCigar clones the best, they even come with the same problems, and need the same fixes as the OEM mechanicals.

I would rate the HCigar brass Caravela as the best of the clones.
    I got my Caravela from 101vapes. ordered it on a Wednsday and was vaping it on Friday.

Last edited:

30+Years

ECF Veteran
    Jan 30, 2014
    IN
    I have quite a few mechanicals, OEM and clones. I like the HCigar clones the best, they even come with the same problems, and need the same fixes as the OEM mechanicals.

I would rate the HCigar brass Caravela as the best of the clones.
    I got my Caravela from 101vapes. ordered it on a Wednsday and was vaping it on Friday.

That's where I got both of my mech mods from. Great vendor.

Hey guys!

Ive been looking through clones lately ever since i got my mech mod from a local store and ive seen some really cool ones! Since theyre clones ive been wondering which ones r the best and what accesory best fits it? Ive been just looking at fasttech popular ones and also where else do you guys suggest me to look for good clones with good prices?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO It's not much of the clone itself but the maker of the clone i.e. Ehpro, Tobeco, HCigar...

4tran4

Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Long Island
    I have a bunch of fasttech stuff and haven't gotten burned yet on the pricier stuff (just scour the "Discussions"). I can speak for the following clones: Origin (brass and the more expensive SS one), Brass nemesis, Gnome (-really- nice switch),Aqua (the one with the red rings is better),Kraken (LOVE IT), Pulse-G, and the Bliss. I have x2 on most of the RBA's and love it all. Favorite setup is the brass nemmy with a brass dual kraken (18650). I have to say though that I modify most of the stuff as it comes with crappy screws, or sometimes you have to re-tap a hole (easy with the right tools) or some such. Also, pretty much everything needs a right honorable PGA soak and cleaning upon arrival.

So if you like waiting forever and tweaking stuff good deals abound over there in china. I have even handled some of the originals and the cloners are now fixing the bugs of the original, or adding cool (and not so cool) improvements. This Gnome mod I just got is a 1:1 with several improvements over the original.

PirateHooligan86

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    Florida
    I said this in a similar thread, but I have a Reo mod, Hades Clone, Nzonic, Maraxus, and Nemesis Clone, and the Nemesis Clone (by HCigar) that I have hits harder than anything else I own. I've tried it next to an authentic Nemesis and it seemed like it actually worked better. I am VERY impressed with it. I recommend it to everyone, ha ha. With it, I also have an Omega Clone, which I'm in love with, best RDA I've used so far, and a Pileus drip tip, because it helps with a cooler vape at sub-ohm levels, and it looks awesome, ha ha.

Fortyniene

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 6, 2012
    Yakima, Wa
    Yep, I have to suggest the nemisis as well I have 3 of them. The stingray does look sweet and I see one of those in my future. As far as a topper I would suggest a russian 91 everyone says it's a clone so it's the clone I would suggest. I have a couple different fastech kayfun/russian clones and they are just not the same as the real R91.

These are just my opinions and we all know what they say about those.:vapor:

PirateHooligan86

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    Florida
    Yep, I have to suggest the nemisis as well I have 3 of them. The stingray does look sweet and I see one of those in my future. As far as a topper I would suggest a russian 91 everyone says it's a clone so it's the clone I would suggest. I have a couple different fastech kayfun/russian clones and they are just not the same as the real R91.

These are just my opinions and we all know what they say about those.:vapor:

I've heard a lot of amazing things about the Stingray actually, it supposedly has incredibly low voltage drop and works amazingly. From what I've heard, the Russian 91% was actually designed by the guy who created the Kayfun, but he was fired from the company shortly afterwards and he went on to make his own....again, ha ha. So in a way, you're actually supporting the original designer by getting one ;) lol. Random rant being over, I agree with you, the Russian 91% just doesn't compare to any of the clones, it's much better in my opinion. Also, the Aqua is pretty amazing as well. There's a clone of it going around that is awesome if you're interested in tanks. Hits like a dripper, but tastes like a Russian/Kayfun, it's pretty amazing. I've actually been using it in place of my authentic Russian 91% for the past few weeks.

humangraffiti

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    Maybe I've just been lucky but I have the Hcigar SS Caravela and the Infinite Brass Stingray and couldn't be happier. I did pay more and bought from American vendors.

Waiting on my preorder Infinite Black/Copper Stingray.

Im preordering the black stingray tom too! Im excited even tho im not really sure how its gonna turn out but i saw my friends stingray clone and it works really well according to him so im excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr.mmgonzalez

Feb 15, 2014
    Fresno, CA
    Honestly I would not recommend buying from fasttech for a few reasons such as ; shipping time, quality, support, and I'd rather buy from a US vendor. Someone mentioned going to a local B&M and I'm totally with that. To answer your question though I'm VERY happy with my stingray clone by Infinite. Yes it's made in china BUT it's a 1:1 clone and US vendors carry this item so it's at your door in days, not weeks AND you actually receive customer support.

Nudzacysie

ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Honestly I would not recommend buying from fasttech for a few reasons such as ; shipping time, quality, support, and I'd rather buy from a US vendor. Someone mentioned going to a local B&M and I'm totally with that. To answer your question though I'm VERY happy with my stingray clone by Infinite. Yes it's made in china BUT it's a 1:1 clone and US vendors carry this item so it's at your door in days, not weeks AND you actually receive customer support.

Tried looking for one on ebay and results were Nell at least for price range I was looking for (under 40 bucks)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Claviger

ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    eciggity.com/colored-kayfun-lite-plus-by-ehpro-larger-airflow-hole/#reviews

paired with

eciggity.com/nemesis-clone-by-hcigar/

Really amazing quality for what you are paying. The new EHpro Kayfun (gold / black ) are extremely nice quality. Clean as a whistle on arrival, easy draw if you get the bigger air-hole one from eciggity, deep channels etc.

Hcigar Nemesis really hard to beat at that price. Add 5 bucks to source some magnets and you have a near perfect mech with tested and known low voltage loss if assembled correctly!

duroSIG556R

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2013
    United States
    I've heard a lot of amazing things about the Stingray actually, it supposedly has incredibly low voltage drop and works amazingly. From what I've heard, the Russian 91% was actually designed by the guy who created the Kayfun, but he was fired from the company shortly afterwards and he went on to make his own....again, ha ha. So in a way, you're actually supporting the original designer by getting one ;) lol. Random rant being over, I agree with you, the Russian 91% just doesn't compare to any of the clones, it's much better in my opinion. Also, the Aqua is pretty amazing as well. There's a clone of it going around that is awesome if you're interested in tanks. Hits like a dripper, but tastes like a Russian/Kayfun, it's pretty amazing. I've actually been using it in place of my authentic Russian 91% for the past few weeks.

This information is a fairy tale. Svemesto even shoots down this myth on their facebook page.

CassiusCloud

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2014
    U.S.
    For those that don't know, Hcigar just introduced 4 new clones yesterday.

They now have the Hades and Templar, the Flip V3, and....

HANA MODZ DNA 20

Also, some of you Fasttech fans should really check Ebay prices once in a while. You may find that for just $2-$5 more you can get the same product this week instead of waiting a month or more for it to arrive.
    wow i never thought they would try to clone the flip,just because of all the cutting that needed to be done..
    but they did it.

have to say,that breaks my heart,i was looking at getting one,but in titanium or the gold plated..
    kind of took the wind right out of my sails on it now..

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread