Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
There are really two types of batteries used in these devices. The high drains are safe chemistry IMRs. They will get hot but, they won't explode. The protected cells have a protection circuit that cuts out when it senses an unsafe condition. If a device pulls a lot of amps, you're better off with IMRs. Sometimes the protection circuit will pop under those conditions.

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
is there a particular brand of the imr 18650 batteries that are better than others?

Maybe subjective to different opinion. I hear alot of people mention AW as the best. I bought my provari batteries from provape and they are AW. That is obviously what they recommend to use in their device so that I what I will always use.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Protected Li-ion cells (ICR) typically have higher capacity ratings than the "safer chemistry" IMR cells. They last longer between recharges. IMRs have a higher amp drain rate. ICR excels with a single cell APV. If you want to use stacked cells, go with IMR but for or single cell APVs the safety/cost advantages are with protected ICR, IMHO. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread