What's the Newest of the New? & Top vs. Bottom Fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfmc-x1

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Bellingham, Wa
I've re-upped on replacement coils for my Kanger PT2.

I'm dissatisfied on its performance, it's no longer a viable unit, and I don't want to waste any more juice in it.

I prefer my CE4+/CE4 v2 tanks. They're top fed replaceable coils, they offer a warmer flavor rich vape unlike the PT2 which has always been "airy & metallic" and weak on flavor and overall vape production.

I prompted myself to get the PT2 solely because of the larger capacity.

Where to now?

I want more capacity than 1.6ml, a warmer fuller flavorful vape, and a tighter less airy draw.

Are the problems inherent with the Kanger products exclusive to the coils?

I'm not interested in the Mini PT or the Evod tanks just to use the rest of my coils if it means I'm not getting the full value of my juice. I also understand that the Kanger PT coils are only good for usage on specific bottom fed tanks.

Cheers.

vapmex

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Mexico
General consensus is that bottom feds perform better than top feds so my guess is that you have something wrong on your configuration because there is no way a CE4 can outperform a bcc, maybe your battery is not giving good charge to the atty (are you using a classic ego battery with a high resistance coil?) , or you had bad luck with the coils...eitherway I would suggest to try a different bcc ... evods are cheap and also you can try mini vapeonly (which is not kanger brand)... if after trying these you are still hating bottom feds then there are much better options for top feds than CE4s.... you can try Iclears 30 V2 (3 ml), Kanger T2 (2.4 Ml), Vivi Nova (2.5 Ml) all these are top coils and perform better than CE4s.

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Inwood, WV
For top feds I like the iClear 30 and I hear the iClear 30S is good as well. I have a PT3 and iClear 30B which are both bottom coils and they are all (no matter the resistance of the stock coils) a cooler vape than my top coil iclear's are. I have had zero leakage issues with my iclear 30 topper but my PT3 and iclear 30B (which is bottom coil) both leak out the atty.

Now supposedly the Kanger Aerotank has fixed the leaking.... we'll see I just ordered one tonight and after I get it... we'll see. So in my opinion I prefer the top coil design to me I get a warmer vape, more flavor and no leaking. However I've heard the exact same from others about bottom coil.

The point is it's all opinion. You know what they say about opinions right? They're like ...holes everyones got one and they all stink! ;)

Chawg

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Irving, Texas
Requiem33:12145878 said:
For top feds I like the iClear 30 and I hear the iClear 30S is good as well. I have a PT3 and iClear 30B which are both bottom coils and they are all (no matter the resistance of the stock coils) a cooler vape than my top coil iclear's are. I have had zero leakage issues with my iclear 30 topper but my PT3 and iclear 30B (which is bottom coil) both leak out the atty.

Now supposedly the Kanger Aerotank has fixed the leaking.... we'll see I just ordered one tonight and after I get it... we'll see. So in my opinion I prefer the top coil design to me I get a warmer vape, more flavor and no leaking. However I've heard the exact same from others about bottom coil.

The point is it's all opinion. You know what they say about opinions right? They're like ...holes everyones got one and they all stink! ;)

I have an Aerotank and it's been my experience that they don't leak onto the battery post (solely because of the adjustable airflow base) but they sure as heck will leak into the base. Lol I prevent the leaking by not over tightening. Snug works better.

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Inwood, WV
Leak into the base huh? Oh joy another leaker.... hmmm..... At this rate I might have to just give up on Kanger. Oh well I was thinking of getting a couple nice RBA's and go with that but I've heard too many leaking stories there as well. Oh well atleast my iclear 30 and my carto tank is good and don't leak.

sfmc-x1

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Bellingham, Wa
General consensus is that bottom feds perform better than top feds so my guess is that you have something wrong on your configuration because there is no way a CE4 can outperform a bcc, maybe your battery is not giving good charge to the atty (are you using a classic ego battery with a high resistance coil?) , or you had bad luck with the coils...eitherway I would suggest to try a different bcc ... evods are cheap and also you can try mini vapeonly (which is not kanger brand)... if after trying these you are still hating bottom feds then there are much better options for top feds than CE4s.... you can try Iclears 30 V2 (3 ml), Kanger T2 (2.4 Ml), Vivi Nova (2.5 Ml) all these are top coils and perform better than CE4s.

My CE4+ coils are all 1.8ohm
My PT coils are all 1.8.
2 650mah ego batteries, one is a vv twist.
1 1300mah ego vv twist.

All my juice is 80/20 light, and 24ml nic.

I got the 1300 so I didn't have to carry 2 batteries for vaping throughout the day, I wanted the bigger tank so I didn't have to carry more than one.

sfmc-x1

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Bellingham, Wa

I picked the PT2 over the iClear30 after researching what I could on BCC's.
Yes, lots of opinions. I thought I could luck out and get a good unit.
I felt like I picked the lesser of two evils with the PT vs. the i Clear because of the glass tank, and the variety of tank cracking flavors I was trying out at the time.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
My CE4+ coils are all 1.8ohm
My PT coils are all 1.8.
2 650mah ego batteries, one is a vv twist.
1 1300mah ego vv twist.

All my juice is 80/20 light, and 24ml nic.

I got the 1300 so I didn't have to carry 2 batteries for vaping throughout the day, I wanted the bigger tank so I didn't have to carry more than one.

If you like the CE4's, you are really going to like the iclear16 (opt for the 1.8ohm coil) If you like the iclear16, but want more juice capacity, I would recommend the iclear30-S (not the 30)

Happy vaping!

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I'm on my third day with the Nautilus and am really liking it. I would recommend that or the 30s for a cheaper one. The 30s is plastic though so no tank crackers can be used in that. The Nautilus is glass and holds 5ml. Actually a little bit more. I'm on my third day with it and so far so good. I think vapor production has started to diminish slightly but it's all I've been using since I got it Friday. I have a 5 pack of coils for it that will be here Monday.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Go4iT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
Milwaukee, WI, USA
I now own 3 Kanger AeroTanks and none of them leak. All of my iClear tanks leak (16, 30, 30B). I do want another top-feeder for my darker, thicker juices as the top fed coils last longer than the bottom coils with dark, thick juice, I'm guessing this is due to the juice not sitting directly on the bottom coils. I wish somebody would come out with a top-feeder that has a glass tank. That would be a great addition, in my opinion. As said by others, the Aspire Nautilus holds 6ml and it's glass, but it's a bottom feeder. Good luck on your vaping trek.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
I started with the Iclear 30, which I still like. I recently picked up a 30S, as well as a PT2. I must be doing something wrong, because none of my clearos leak, nor do they burn or give me dry hits. A couple of things though. The Iclear 30 seems a bit muted in flavor compared to the 30S and PT2. It also doesn't like to be filled right to the 3ml mark on the tank. Counter to what I see on these boards, it seems to perform best when filled between 1 and 2 ml. The 30S just chugs along, no leaks, no burnt or dry hits, and tons of flavor.

The PT2 also doesn't seem to like to be filled too much, and performs best when the tank is low. I vape it at 3.5 volts, the Iclears at 3.8 on my VMAX. I will say of the 3, the Iclear 30S is my favorite.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The PT2 also doesn't seem to like to be filled too much, and performs best when the tank is low. I vape it at 3.5 volts
That's a sign of an air flow issue on the ProTank. Consider the Aerotank base for it or at least an air flow control base. Should perform at all fill levels then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I started with the Iclear 30, which I still like. I recently picked up a 30S, as well as a PT2. I must be doing something wrong, because none of my clearos leak, nor do they burn or give me dry hits. A couple of things though. The Iclear 30 seems a bit muted in flavor compared to the 30S and PT2. It also doesn't like to be filled right to the 3ml mark on the tank. Counter to what I see on these boards, it seems to perform best when filled between 1 and 2 ml. The 30S just chugs along, no leaks, no burnt or dry hits, and tons of flavor.

The PT2 also doesn't seem to like to be filled too much, and performs best when the tank is low. I vape it at 3.5 volts, the Iclears at 3.8 on my VMAX. I will say of the 3, the Iclear 30S is my favorite.

I tend to overfill my pt2's. Rarely do I have trouble. As suggested, maybe an aerobase would help. I do rebuild my heads, but before I did, and whenever I test new things, I always use a stock head. I find my 30S does just Ok. The supplied drip tip makes for a very tight draw. Additionally I find the flavor from it to be almost non existent when vaping a very subtle flavor.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
From what I have tried of the new the only one that impresses me is the Aspire Mini Nova BDC. I tried the ET and it works good until 1/3 full. Then it gurgles which requires cleaning of the base and a refill. Pointless having a 3ml device that only has 2ml usable. I have just tried the iClear 30 and 30S. The 30 is not good. Muted taste even on sweet juice. The 30S is a little better but not buy much. Have some top feeder single coil Vision Mini and Vivi Novas on order to try next. And I still love my old stand-by T2's. Thy give the best flavor and vapor. And the head seem to last forever before needing cleaning. Speaking of cleaing I just made my first attempt at cleaning some aspire heads yesterday. After they dry for a few days I'm gonna see if they still perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread