Travel and Vaping Whats the tsa rules for ecig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
We've heard about LAX in particular confiscating e-cigs, so those should go in your checked luggage. If you can't wait that long, carry a cheap e-cig to get you through the airports.

However. If you have any lithium batteries that are not in devices, those MUST go in carry-on luggage in appropriate containers. The best containers will be dedicated battery cases or the original retail packages. Otherwise tape the ends and put them in individual zip-lock bags.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I've flown over a dozen times since I started.

I usually put all my gear inside one of those clear-top chinese takeout containers on top inside my unzipped carry on; juice goes in the "freedom bag" next to it.

Most airlines do not allow vapng, so I do not allow vapor to be visible ;) from my seat. I try to sit next to the window.

Pro tip: get extra strength nic juice low in VG and carry a hanky. Flying at night also helps.

Last edited:

humangraffiti

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    I've flown over a dozen times since I started.

I usually put all my gear inside one of those clear-top chinese takeout containers on top inside my unzipped carry on; juice goes in the "freedom bag" next to it.

Most airlines do not allow vapng, so I do not allow vapor to be visible ;) from my seat. I try to sit next to the window.

Pro tip: get extra strength nic juice low in VG and carry a hanky. Flying at night also helps.

Thanks! So for the juice i dont have to put it on my check in bag since its a liquid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkbbbtaf

humangraffiti

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    We've heard about LAX in particular confiscating e-cigs, so those should go in your checked luggage. If you can't wait that long, carry a cheap e-cig to get you through the airports.

However. If you have any lithium batteries that are not in devices, those MUST go in carry-on luggage in appropriate containers. The best containers will be dedicated battery cases or the original retail packages. Otherwise tape the ends and put them in individual zip-lock bags.

Wow thats scary last thing i want is not being able to bring my kit with me

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2014
    Mansfield, Texas, United States
    Hey guys so im flying to europe soon in about 2 weeks and i was just wondering what the rules are so i know what i can bring with me. Im flying from LAX and landing to paris.

Thanks!

I just got back from South Padre Island. No troubles at either airport. I put my Vamo an aspire nautilus (empty) and a couple flavors in 10 ml bottles all inside an ego case. When I got to the checkpoint, I tossed it in the tray and they didn't even open it. Make sure you put spare batteries in either a zip lock bag each or a plastic battery case. Enjoy your trip and don't worry about it. Oh the tank should be empty due to cabin pressurizing. If you leave it full it will likely leak all over you.

Live Long and Vape!

Last edited:

humangraffiti

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    I just got back from South Padre Island. No troubles at either airport. I put my Vamo an aspire nautilus (empty) and a couple flavors in 10 ml bottles all inside an ego case. When I got to the checkpoint, I tossed it in the tray and they didn't even open it. Make sure you put spare batteries in either a zip lock bag each or a plastic battery case. Enjoy your trip and don't worry about it. Oh the tank should be empty due to cabin pressurizing. If you leave it full it will likely leak all over you.

Live Long and Vape!

Ok thank u so much! Is there a limit on how many bottles i can take? And the battery so a small ziplock bag would do per battery? Thank u so much'

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2014
    Mansfield, Texas, United States
    Ok thank u so much! Is there a limit on how many bottles i can take? And the battery so a small ziplock bag would do per battery? Thank u so much'

On max quantity I don't know but I had three 10ml bottles. Yes a bag per battery works. Just to make sure it won't short. If you want to take more e-juice toss it in your checked luggage.

Live Long and Vape!

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Last edited:

humangraffiti

ECF Veteran