What's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliens

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Europe
They also stress you batteries more. I burn't up 3 sets testing LR on a 5 volt mod. They were made for 3.7 volt devices so they could compete in the mod market. You can raise the voltage or lower the resistance. just my :2c:

I just got my first VV device (an ego twist, please don't laugh), and I wonder if I could use (the maximum voltage allowed is 4.8V) with a SR fusion? What is the voltage you're using on your mod when combined to a SR one 5cardstud?

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I was WRONG!!!! I have to correct these statements that I made above. I eyeballed it before punching. Then even when in the tank I must have been in a dim light and couldn't see those itty bitty holes.

The holes are just high enough to work in a lavatank and probably similar tanks. I have both a Fusion and Platinum Punch each in a lavatank and the holes are right above the bottom cap. Cool!!! :)

Not that I need the holes because I have two punches. But, I'll probably buy them anyway.

These things rock!!! Thanks Isaac!!!

Awe man! The holes on the platinums are too low for a lavatank. Just so everyone knows. Had to punch my own. But these thinks kick!!!

Still waiting for my last LR fusion to die so I can try the SR fusions.

Same size as regular fusions. Just note the comment above regarding lavatanks (and maybe others). The punched holes aren't high enough for my tanks. No biggie. I just punched my own. But you might as well save a little change if the holes won't work for ya.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I just got my first VV device (an ego twist, please don't laugh), and I wonder if I could use (the maximum voltage allowed is 4.8V) with a SR fusion? What is the voltage you're using on your mod when combined to a SR one 5cardstud?

Absolutely nothing wrong with a Twist. I wished I would have gotten one as my first mod and they should work fine at that voltage. I use Fusions most from 4 to 5 volts and anywhere in between. In the mornings I tend to use them at a lower setting then I'm like Pizza, usually around 4.5 volts.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I was WRONG!!!! I have to correct these statements that I made above. I eyeballed it before punching. Then even when in the tank I must have been in a dim light and couldn't see those itty bitty holes.

The holes are just high enough to work in a lavatank and probably similar tanks. I have both a Fusion and Platinum Punch each in a lavatank and the holes are right above the bottom cap. Cool!!! :)

Not that I need the holes because I have two punches. But, I'll probably buy them anyway.

These things rock!!! Thanks Isaac!!!

They are a little higher than I put them but I think it's so they work in the tanks that have thicker or thinner end caps. I haven't had any issues at all with them being that high and I still use every last drop in my tank. It's better putting them where he did instead of having a bunch of different versions with the holes at different heights. I guess Isaac knows these things in advance. Very smart guy.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Yup. Isaac knows. (That sounds familiar!)

Yup. He's one smart guy! I've bought other punched cartos that didn't "fit" my tanks.

Isaac seems to take care of everybody. The only bummer is that I have to wait so long for the fusion and platinum punch that I unnecessarily punched to die before I try them "right out of the box"

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
You don't need to punch these fusions.:D

punchs-1.gif

Photobucket kinda slowed down the punches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread