Whats up everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiedodi

Feb 23, 2012
Virginia
Good luck! It seems that most people are successful in quitting analogs. I'm one of those that kind of flip flopped. I got my first E-cig back in October/November, but still smoked analogs until Christmas eve. Since then I've been relatively smoke free. I've had probably six or seven cigarettes since then. I'm disappointed in myself, but in the grand scheme of things I suppose that's pretty good. I actually bought a pack on monday after I caved while waiting for a new order of juice and cartos to come in, but after smoking two I realized I really didn't want to go down that path again, so I chucked the pack and bought some snus to hold me over. Now my shipment is in, but the cartos I have won't work on my current ego batteries, so now I'll have to cobble together my 510 batteries that are on their last life as it is and make due with that until I can get some compatible batteries. I'll be honest, at times it may be frustrating (such as when you throw $20 down on a pack of cartos and they all end up defective) and you might think it'll be easier just to go back to analogs, but when I get frustrated, I remember that in the end, it's worth not having lung cancer.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Congrats and I hope you enjoy it. I've been vaping for almost 3 years now and tried various different equipment setups. I just got a Volt in today to try it out and see why everyone was raving about it. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the performance. Usually the cigarette style ecigs are pretty weak and won't satisfy a heavier smoker, but I'm finding myself liking this quite a bit. It'll be nice to have a small ecig for quick trips out.

Welcome to the forum and don't hesitate to ask questions. We don't bite...hard :D

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Hi and Welcome! Don't quite know how to say this but many of us are kind of conditioned to stalk our local mailmen for vapemail. It's a way of life.

Congrats on making a healthy choice. 25 year smoker here tried everything could imagine. Ecigs were the only way for me - smoke free 6 months now and loving it. Make sure to keep us posted about how you like your ecigs when they come in.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Just ordered the volt from Smokeless Image. I'm new to the whole e-cig thing but hopefully it will help me to get off the cancer sticks. I just wish my order would come already, I'm too impatient! haha

Congratulations & Welcome! I've never used a KR808 setup but from reading some of the input here they sound like a great starting point to me... wish I'd started there myself! :) Happy Vaping!

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Good luck! It seems that most people are successful in quitting analogs. I'm one of those that kind of flip flopped. I got my first E-cig back in October/November, but still smoked analogs until Christmas eve. Since then I've been relatively smoke free. I've had probably six or seven cigarettes since then. I'm disappointed in myself, but in the grand scheme of things I suppose that's pretty good. I actually bought a pack on monday after I caved while waiting for a new order of juice and cartos to come in, but after smoking two I realized I really didn't want to go down that path again, so I chucked the pack and bought some snus to hold me over. Now my shipment is in, but the cartos I have won't work on my current ego batteries, so now I'll have to cobble together my 510 batteries that are on their last life as it is and make due with that until I can get some compatible batteries. I'll be honest, at times it may be frustrating (such as when you throw $20 down on a pack of cartos and they all end up defective) and you might think it'll be easier just to go back to analogs, but when I get frustrated, I remember that in the end, it's worth not having lung cancer.

Hi! Not to hijack the thread but I gotta ask, are the cartos you ordered 510s? If they are & won't work on your eGo batts I'm guessing the contact is just pushed up a little to far into the carto. You can probably ease it out with a paper clip or something just a little bit... just enough to make contact. If they're a different threading you can get an adapter for two or three bucks but that won't help you right now. Good luck & happy vaping! :vapor:

odiedodi

Feb 23, 2012
Virginia
The problem is that I ran all of my smoktecs dead, and after hearing about how great the stardust's were, I ordered a four pack of them. My ego batteries are infernos from volcano, and I suppose the way that they're designed, when a stardust is screwed in, the fit is so tight that there is no airflow. I've heard that they have a tight draw with some ego batteries, but with my there is no draw at all. I'm curious if i could just shave some metal off of either the battery or the stardust to make allow airflow, but most likely I'll just have to buy different ego batteries.

stahrman

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
ohio
Usually the cigarette style ecigs are pretty weak and won't satisfy a heavier smoker, but I'm finding myself liking this quite a bit. It'll be nice to have a small ecig for quick trips out. :D
I've been killing myself for 21 years and a 2-3 pad smoker and I must say that my blu 100's are definately cig style and it's everything but "weak"......tons of vapor.....just terrible batt life.....always switching back and forth charging. Other than that......love that they feel and look like a cancer stick!!

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
The problem is that I ran all of my smoktecs dead, and after hearing about how great the stardust's were, I ordered a four pack of them. My ego batteries are infernos from volcano, and I suppose the way that they're designed, when a stardust is screwed in, the fit is so tight that there is no airflow. I've heard that they have a tight draw with some ego batteries, but with my there is no draw at all. I'm curious if i could just shave some metal off of either the battery or the stardust to make allow airflow, but most likely I'll just have to buy different ego batteries.

I have that problem with my Riva battery (other egos work fine) but I use mine with the Ego Booster and with it attached to the Riva, the airflow is great. Some people have also picked up adapters which will lift the carto up a bit to allow for airflow. It doesn't look as nice, but the adapters are cheaper than the batteries.

odiedodi

Feb 23, 2012
Virginia
I have that problem with my Riva battery (other egos work fine) but I use mine with the Ego Booster and with it attached to the Riva, the airflow is great. Some people have also picked up adapters which will lift the carto up a bit to allow for airflow. It doesn't look as nice, but the adapters are cheaper than the batteries.

Sounds like a great solution to me. Aesthetics take back seat to function.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Yeah my first ecig was a Blu as well, but it was before they were using the 510's. The company was just getting started so there were tons of customer service issues and the order took forever. They kept me off cigs for 2 weeks, then both the batteries and my atomizer died. We never were able to get replacements so I ended up going back to smoking for a few weeks while I researched alternatives. I was a 2 1/2 PAD smoker though and was charging them every 45min and refilling every 20min or so. It was a big PITA.

The 78mm volt batt lasted me 3 hrs on a partial (out of the box) charge and the carto lasted about 2. I'm just really glad that companies are coming out with decent cigarette style models now. I've met a lot of people that picked up crappy models and it turned them off ecigs altogether.

I'm glad the Blu is working for you. It sounds like maybe they've stepped up their game a bit.

Booze559

Feb 24, 2012
Fresno, California
Welcome! I have a kr808 set up from V4L and the first thing that i ordered was an extra battery so that I always have a back up. I am 2 and a half weeks smoke free and starting to love vaping more than I loved smoking. (at a pack and a half or more a day for 32 yrs.) You will do fine. Take it easy.
Thank you and congrats on being smoke free.

Booze559

Feb 24, 2012
Fresno, California
Hi and Welcome! Don't quite know how to say this but many of us are kind of conditioned to stalk our local mailmen for vapemail. It's a way of life.

Congrats on making a healthy choice. 25 year smoker here tried everything could imagine. Ecigs were the only way for me - smoke free 6 months now and loving it. Make sure to keep us posted about how you like your ecigs when they come in.
lol I do the same!! Thank you and congrats on being smoke free:toast:!

Booze559

Feb 24, 2012
Fresno, California
Congrats and I hope you enjoy it. I've been vaping for almost 3 years now and tried various different equipment setups. I just got a Volt in today to try it out and see why everyone was raving about it. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the performance. Usually the cigarette style ecigs are pretty weak and won't satisfy a heavier smoker, but I'm finding myself liking this quite a bit. It'll be nice to have a small ecig for quick trips out.

Welcome to the forum and don't hesitate to ask questions. We don't bite...hard :D
haha thank you! I hear nothing but good things about the Volt which is why i ordered it. As long as its better than those Njoy disposables at 7-11. Those were horrible! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread