What's Your Technique For Cleaning Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
I usually just trash mine, but if they havn't been used much (maybe i didn't like the juice flavor, etc) then I will boil, rinse, repeat a few times until I can no longer smell e-liquid coming off in the steam, you will notice that the way the water boils will change (the way the bubbles look) once all the eliquid is gone from the cartos. After that I blow them out with compressed air, stick them in a (clean) sock and toss them in the dryer for a bit.

Sometimes theres just no saving a carto though and it has to be trashed. They don't last forever.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I've tried all of them,,,,,,,,,,none of them work well,,,,,,,especially if the flavor is strong,,,,,,,,if you only use one flavor,washing them out might work for you,,,,,,,,but you can't ever get the flavor out of a carto completely,,,,,,,,so you're going to have mixing flavors for a bit. YUCK on some mixes I've done accidentally this way LOL

Also sometimes boiling them causes them to stop working, and you don't know that until you use up your favorite juice.

it's just not worth it to me,,,,,,,,,,,,my cartos cost 1.00 each, and last for 3-5 days each,,,,,,,I just buy them new.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks much for the posts guys.

Anyone try boiling with additives like salt or baking soda? What about soaking or boiling in vodka?

Surely their must be SOME kind of simple solution for this out there!

The simplest solution is throwing them away. You'll spend more trying to clean them out than vaping. If you want to try out a new flavor, simply drip.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
I simply trash mine. They are meant to be disposable.
Agreed. I usually get about 30mls through one before it's completely done. Some I've gotten more, some I've gotten less. At a buck a pop, just trash 'em.

So nobody's ever tried using Vinegar, Salt, Baking Soda or Vodka on here?

Wishing I were up to par on my chemistry skills.
Tried them all, and then some. Once the liquid begins to caramelize in the fibers, there's no cleaning them out.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Why can't you just drop a denture cleaner tablet in a cup, take the carto apart and leave it there til it's clean?

I just started vaping, so I have no dirty cartos yet. Or are you talking about disposable cartos (like the little ends that screw onto 808 cigarette batteries)? I'm still a bit confused by the terminology.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
The Plunger KitThe Plunger Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com I flush w/ hot water, blow dry, flush w/ everclear and let sit for a day. I only use cartos for stealth vaping any more so w/ 30mg unflavored they last a month or more so I don't bother cleaning them anymore and just toss 'em.
Plunge all you want, but it doesn't clean them out. I even tried using pressurized hot water, and wasn't able to clean the caramelized liquid in the fibers.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Where are you guys getting cartos for a dollar? I'm really loving the Ikenvape Fusions right now, but just can't seem to rationalize dropping $20 on just cartos every month.

How many cartos do you go through in a month? If you buy 10+ Ikvenvape Fusions they are $1.80 each.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
Where are you guys getting cartos for a dollar? I'm really loving the Ikenvape Fusions right now, but just can't seem to rationalize dropping $20 on just cartos every month.
I order my Smoktech cartos from Fasttech, at $7.61 for 5. So about $1.50 a pop. Then again, I rarely use cartos anymore. I've pretty much moved on to tanks and RBA's. Much better flavor, and only costs me about a dime to re-wick/recoil them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

How did you ever afford cigarettes? :blink:

I look at it this way:

I spent up to $6 a day on cigarettes. That's way over $150 a month. And thought nothing about the cost. Spending $2 for a cartomizer that is going to last me 1 - 3 weeks is a BARGAIN.

Last edited:

lightandmind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Columbus, OH
How did you ever afford cigarettes? :blink:

I look at it this way:

I spent up to $6 a day on cigarettes. That's way over $150 a month. And thought nothing about the cost. Spending $2 for a cartomizer that is going to last me 1 - 3 weeks is a BARGAIN.

I COULDN'T afford cigarettes, and the reduced cost is one of the main factors in making the switch aside from the health benefits. I'm on a very fixed income and have four tanks, even if they each last a week, that's still $9/week in cartos + shipping, or around $35/month. I'd rather go back to using rebuildables than drop the equivalent of a car insurance payment every month. If I could get at least ONE good cleaning out of them, it would reduce carto expenses by half, and that would allow me to keep using cartomizer tanks, which I love.

I started this thread for anyone for anyone to list possible solutions. You are alll welcome to say that you, yourselves can't seem to figure it out, but please don't try to tell me that it simply cannot be done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread