When I fire the provari, the rba spews liquid out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Jocko

Verified Member
This is my first time setting up a cobra rba. When I fire the provari, the cobra rba spews liquid smokeballs like a fireworks show. So then it leaves puddles of brown liquid on the surface area where all the screws are. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

IMG_20130130_221658_zps7f3c012f.jpg

IMG_20130130_214952_zpsc8839a61.jpg

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I had a rebuilt vvn do that and it's not fun. I had to fire the provari and then hold it away from me for a second or two until the juice stopped popping or I'd get hot juice shot up on me :?: I still don't know what exactly was going on, maybe the cotton wasn't saturated but something caused it because it didn't do that on other builds. My rba with a ss mesh wick hasn't done that, I mean it pops and all but not to the extent that it would cause me burns. I certain amount of popping when juice is wicked is normal but what was going on in my situation wasn't. Other than the wick looking like it might be a bit too long, yours looks pretty good and it's obviously heating evenly.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Oh, I just realized you're talking about actually shooting stuff out when you fire it.

A few things that could be:

1. Water. If you've cleaned the thing recently on got it wet, that stuff'll pop when it gets hot.
2. Too much juice. If you flood the wick, some of that juice will boil... that's the popping.
3. Loose coil. I don't think this is your problem based on the pictures, but a loose coil can cause this, too, as drops of juice get between the coil and the wick.

If you've been tilting to get the juice to the top of the wick, you may just need to to less of that.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
another thing to consider that has nothing to do with the popping:
wrapping your coil in the opposite direction will ensure that the neg lead isnt touching and heating up the center post silicone grommet. i had that problem breifly. i cant tell from your photo if this is an issue for you, but it does certainly look like a possibility.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
its because it is a straw like wick......it creates a volcano effect. one of the reasons i did away with straw like wicks and went to solid. i get very little of what people call condensation(which it is not, it is a exploding volcano), no coloring of juices and no overwicking(another incorrect term, straw wicks drain, they don't actually wick all that well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread