Where can I find a short metal momentary push button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamani71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Colorado
Hello, does anyone know where I can find one? I've been searching through Aliex and Google and all of the push button seem to have long threads. Since it doesn't have an LED shouldn't it be shorter?

I am using the tactile buttons (round actuator) but I want something bigger for the fire button. Any help would be appreciated!

bamani71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Colorado
I wish I had the skills to do that! If I knew anything about metal working I could make my own and eliminate the huge button...

I've tried googling tactile switch caps, tactile switch covers, and tactile switch actuator with limited success. I can find some caps, but they're usually plastic and too short to make it through the 4mm required.

Tallone

Jun 25, 2014
United Kingdom
You mean something like these buttons?

Looks like the PV1 button is only rated 2 amps.. Good for down to a 1.5 ohm coil.. Doubt that's what the guy wants.

There seem to be very few switches available at the size and rating required by box Modders hence leading to the more widespread use of Mosfets to reduce the switch load and allow use of switches like the PV1. This then makes the box "Unregulated" rather than fully mechanical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread