where do I get one of those cool quit banners for my signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
I've tried searching for the info (seems like something people have to have asked about before) but I can't find anything relevant. Unfortunately this seems to be a common problem with the search engine here & me.

I'm usually pretty good at searching, finding creative descriptors & being patient but when everything I try gets me countless results & I can't find a relevant result on the first few pages, I get discouraged...

To be fair I could easily not be as good as I think, off my game or even missing the obvious. Either way, I will be starting tomorrow & I'ld like to add one of those banners as a way to memorialize it & further motivate me. Besides the fringe benefits of quitting smoking (i.e. Being able to breath, not getting horrible diseases like cancer, COPD, etc); being able to see how much money I've saved is what really matters, right? ;)

Hopefully, I'll actually end up saving money, instead of just spending it all at other places... it seems like a lot of people aren't saving much relatively speaking... I guess it also depends on where you live & how much taxes you would pay on smokes. Here in Ontario we pay quite a bit on taxes but at least not as much as the Maritimes.

But I digress, where do I find the quit banners with timeline, money saved/money spent, etc?

Adam

MASchlabach23

Aug 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Welcome to the club, Adam! And good fortune on your journey!

Just click on one of the banners, and that should take you directly to the website where you can plug in your relevant information. In return, they spit out the HTML code, which you can then plug into your siggy. However, I do believe you have to have something like 25 posts to your name before you can access that feature.

But don't let that deter you! :p

MASchlabach23

Aug 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Hopefully, I'll actually end up saving money, instead of just spending it all at other places... it seems like a lot of people aren't saving much relatively speaking...

Funnily enough, I just figured out the timeline until I reach my "break even" point, assuming I spend no more money on my new-found hobby. Yeah right!

But just remember: Happily not smoking - PRICELESS!

Edited to add: Happily being the key word, at least for me.

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Dang post mins, well that won't stop me.. I have some juice, a couple Ego Cs (but only 1 charger :( ), a bunch of tanks, attys, drip tips etc; that should hold me over until the ultimate twist c starter kits &a bunch of other little stuff (i.e. Pass throughs, some Pyrex or metal tanks, etc) comes this coming week..

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go start & reply to some posts...

Adam

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Im just got the hang of it myself and the BCC version from some banners does not work on some forums i visit based on pHpBB3. It shows the banner but adds some extra BBC script in text.

I can just copy the image link of the banner and post it like a picture but im not sure if the banner updates my days smoke free or not.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Make sure "Show Your Signature" is checked in "Go Advanced" when you post. Even if you added a signature in your profile it wont show until you check the "Show Your Signature" in the "Go Advanced" post option.

You should only need to check it once and it will show in any further posts. You might have to edit older posts in advanced mode for it to show in those also.

Last edited:

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I did it cause I wanted to keep track of the cig's not smoked. I would say I am probably about even dollar wise. I've spent more money on juice than gear. It really is amazing how feeling terrible becomes normal when smoking. I noticed a big difference after my first week, let alone two months now.

I've smoked for 32 years and it will probably take another 5 years until all the health benefits are realized. I was very close to COPD and hopefully cheated that biatch (for lack of a better word, well that is not even a real word lol). Carry on.

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Thanks everyone... The good news I'm over the min... Yippee!!!!

Btw I'm grateful to everyone who offered me their sig counter but none of them have a place for adding how much you spent on the.e-cig stuff (I know it exists I've seen it, just can't remember where) plus the ones I clicked on only asked how many packs but at least in Canada packs vary in how many smokes are in one. I smoked a king sized packs of 25.

I guess I'll have to keep looking... But still thanks... If you know one like I'm referring to could you send it my way or at least tell me where to find it...

Btw if it's possible I like the ones that show hours at least but if that's not possible I understand.

Adam

P.S. That's again

P.P.S. NiceTucu, I certainly hope you avoid any long term complications like COPD, etc... I can speak from personal experience, I watched my grandmother die of COPD & despite that trauma I still wasn't able to quit:(

Within a year of her death I was diagnosed with COPD & told I wouldn't live another 10 years if I didn't quit but yet I still didn't quit... fast forward nearly 8 years to last week... I couldn't breath, I have MSRA pneumonia, the doctor told me if I didn't stop now that he didn't think they would be able to save my life.

Yet I still couldn't quit, despite literally just coughing for 5 minutes straight, unable to breath, I would still immediately put the smoke to my lips any time I had a moments reprieve from the coughing. Since I started smoking, I haven't gone more then a 6hrs without a smoke but yet I picked up the EGo-C & put down the smokes... I've only had a couple of puffs since I started on Sunday. Yippee

In short I wouldn't wish this hell on my worst enemy. I hope you avoid the COPD bullet. The good news if you don't already have it & you don't start smoking again, the odds are you are in the clear.

Feisty

Aug 23, 2013
Illinois
Thanks everyone... The good news I'm over the min... Yippee!!!!

Btw I'm grateful to everyone who offered me their sig counter but none of them have a place for adding how much you spent on the.e-cig stuff (I know it exists I've seen it, just can't remember where) plus the ones I clicked on only asked how many packs but at least in Canada packs vary in how many smokes are in one. I smoked a king sized packs of 25.

I guess I'll have to keep looking... But still thanks... If you know one like I'm referring to could you send it my way or at least tell me where to find it...

Btw if it's possible I like the ones that show hours at least but if that's not possible I understand.

Adam

P.S. That's again

P.P.S. NiceTucu, I certainly hope you avoid any long term complications like COPD, etc... I can speak from personal experience, I watched my grandmother die of COPD & despite that trauma I still wasn't able to quit:(

Within a year of her death I was diagnosed with COPD & told I wouldn't live another 10 years if I didn't quit but yet I still didn't quit... fast forward nearly 8 years to last week... I couldn't breath, I have MSRA pneumonia, the doctor told me if I didn't stop now that he didn't think they would be able to save my life.

Yet I still couldn't quit, despite literally just coughing for 5 minutes straight, unable to breath, I would still immediately put the smoke to my lips any time I had a moments reprieve from the coughing. Since I started smoking, I haven't gone more then a 6hrs without a smoke but yet I picked up the EGo-C & put down the smokes... I've only had a couple of puffs since I started on Sunday. Yippee

In short I wouldn't wish this hell on my worst enemy. I hope you avoid the COPD bullet. The good news if you don't already have it & you don't start smoking again, the odds are you are in the clear.

timbit,
I found this one, it seems to be what you are looking for. Hope this helps :)
http://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-counter/quit-smoking-banner.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread