Where is the redesigned atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Why has there not be a complete redesign of the atty? The original atty was designed to be used with a cartridge, and as far as I can tell, at least 90% of vapists do not use cartridges anymore. Most either convert to dripping, feeder mods, or cartos. This is the whole idea behind the bridge of the atty, to facilitate wicking from the cartridge. So why is it even there? In most attys there are still plastic parts. They don't melt unless you chain vape in a REAL serious way, but why even allow for the possibility? I know, I know, there are people "fixing" atty's like the "factory built bridgless attys" and the HH .357 (which while innovative as all get out, it is, as far as I can see, really more of a Franken-atty then a redesign), but has there really not been any effort to redesign the atty from the ground up with all metal parts designed to be used as most people use them (feeders or dripping)?

Maybe I'm missing something. I've looked around though, and I haven't seen anything like what I am describing. I'll be the first to point out that if you blink, there is a new product released that you never heard of, so maybe this already exists. If so can someone point me in the right direction? It would be nice to use a product simultaneously in the way I choose as well as what it was designed for in the first place

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
yeah I referenced those in the OP, but even with the lack of a bridge there is still the plastic in close proximity of the element issue. There has to be a better and more consistent way to supply the heating element with juice. The cat making the .357 has been playing with different ways to choke down the air flow to facilitate more effective juice supply, why hasn't anyone else? And why hasn't anyone made it all out of metal? Heck, I'm about convinced that there is a better way to supply the element and without the need for the wire to be wrapped around a wick what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread