Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Another vote for fasttech, if you're not in a hurry to get them. I've got a plastic organizer that I've filled with fasttech o-rings for those "just in case" times.

If you need it now, a trip to the local hardware store might prove useful, although Lowe's and Home Depot carry a lot more different sizes than my local True Value.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Reactions: chillaxing

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

I used McMaster Carr exactly one time - to buy some set screws and allen keys for my Nuppin. The cost was a whopping $13 and change.

Anyway, I used my Bank of America credit card, which I only use when I can't use my Discover, and they don't accept Discover. Long story short, that was the only thing I had purchased that month and the prior month on that card, and suddenly I had an additional $750 in fraudulent charges occur in a frenzy of activity like a week later. Thankfully BoA contacted me about unusual activity, closed the account, and removed the charges.

Not saying that someone at McMaster Carr was using my card, but it makes me question the security of their website/server. I will be VERY hesitant to use them in the future.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Not saying that someone at McMaster Carr was using my card, but it makes me question the security of their website/server. I will be VERY hesitant to use them in the future.

I only ordered from McMaster through a work account, didn't know they had security problems, but that would make me wary too ... :(

Parker is still a good source for O-Rings, and if there is a distribution center or store nearby, a cash transaction is possible ... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread