Where to Get Hand Sanitizer and Disinfectant Spray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Apologies in advance. This isn't really vape related, but I thought I might lean on friends here. Looks like my business has an opportunity to begin opening up, but I need supplies for employees, very quickly. Of course, I've seen a number of posts here talking about where people find masks, sanitizers, etc. Naturally, most typical avenues are OOS or can't ship until July.

Specifically, what I'm having trouble finding is the hand sanitizer, and some type of disinfectant spray, something like a Lysol type (not a cleaning solution)- preferably EPA registered, like these:
upload_2020-5-13_16-14-40.png

And @classwife - I know this isn't strictly within the rules, but I'm hoping it's not absolutely forbidden (maybe you could pretend not to see it long enough for a couple of helpful replies? :)). I'm tagging you so you can remove posthaste if necessary.

Thanks!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Apologies in advance. This isn't really vape related, but I thought I might lean on friends here. Looks like my business has an opportunity to begin opening up, but I need supplies for employees, very quickly. Of course, I've seen a number of posts here talking about where people find masks, sanitizers, etc. Naturally, most typical avenues are OOS or can't ship until July.

Specifically, what I'm having trouble finding is the hand sanitizer, and some type of disinfectant spray, something like a Lysol type (not a cleaning solution)- preferably EPA registered, like these:
View attachment 885171

And @classwife - I know this isn't strictly within the rules, but I'm hoping it's not absolutely forbidden (maybe you could pretend not to see it long enough for a couple of helpful replies? :)). I'm tagging you so you can remove posthaste if necessary.

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting your business up and running again! I make sanitizer myself that I use on my hands and to spray surfaces with. It's really easy! You'll need 90+ percent isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera gel and a plastic spray bottle. I couldn't find the 90+ isopropyl alcohol so I bought 190 proof Everclear which is 95% alcohol. I mixed three parts Everclear and one part Aloe Vera gel and put it in a spray bottle. That's all there is to it. I imagine that would be cheaper than anything that would be commercially available and it will work very well.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks, all. Now I'm realizing I should've put more info. What y'all gave could help, and may yet. But I need to ship/mail the product from corp. office to remote employee/contractors- some will need more than others. And I'll need it in a week or so. So ideally, the hand sanitizer would be in smallish containers- say 2-3 oz containers would be ideal. I may use what y'all have with diy or gallons, and repackage myself.

@Wow1420 - the link for the small bottle: Vape NW is US based, on the west coast, right? That could be a good, easy option.

Reactions: stols001

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Thanks, all. Now I'm realizing I should've put more info. What y'all gave could help, and may yet. But I need to ship/mail the product from corp. office to remote employee/contractors- some will need more than others. And I'll need it in a week or so. So ideally, the hand sanitizer would be in smallish containers- say 2-3 oz containers would be ideal. I may use what y'all have with diy or gallons, and repackage myself.

@Wow1420 - the link for the small bottle: Vape NW is US based, on the west coast, right? That could be a good, easy option.

My VNW order shipped from LOUISVILLE, KY 40211

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Do a google search for "distillery hand sanitizer". Lots of distilleries around the country are making it. But it's liquid so you have to put it in a spray bottle and spray it on your hands.

Lightfire has some small bottles. $7 for two 2.03 oz bottles. 10% off with code PPE10. Shipping is a flat $10 but free after $75. Only 65 2-packs left. they ship from Florida and are usually very fast to ship. They also have some KN95 masks
    FEATURED PRODUCTS | LightFire Distribution

That's very generous of you to supply those for your employees. I know 3 people who work for big, multinational companies and they are not supplying these things to their field employees.

At this point, you have to take whatever is available whether or not it's registered with some govt agency. In the end, it's just 62+% alcohol with a thickening agent (usually carbomer) or glycerol and maybe some aloe mixed in.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    This vaping vendor has a few PPE that might help. Give them a call to find out. I wanted to order from them but they don't charge until they ship. The way I have my card is it stays turned off after transaction. However, for most this would be okay. Hope this helps
    Coronavirus Supplies

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Do a google search for "distillery hand sanitizer". Lots of distilleries around the country are making it. But it's liquid so you have to put it in a spray bottle and spray it on your hands.

Lightfire has some small bottles. $7 for two 2.03 oz bottles. 10% off with code PPE10. Shipping is a flat $10 but free after $75. Only 65 2-packs left. they ship from Florida and are usually very fast to ship. They also have some KN95 masks
    FEATURED PRODUCTS | LightFire Distribution

That's very generous of you to supply those for your employees. I know 3 people who work for big, multinational companies and they are not supplying these things to their field employees.

At this point, you have to take whatever is available whether or not it's registered with some govt agency. In the end, it's just 62+% alcohol with a thickening agent (usually carbomer) or glycerol and maybe some aloe mixed in.
    Thanks, Unc. I've been able to find various sources before posting that had sanitizer, but they weren't really well priced, or ideal for sizing (travel sizes are best), so I'm looking at all the recommendations here. But the EPA registration I mentioned is for a disinfectant spray, like Lysol or something. So they can spray down carry bags & equipment between stops. That's the thing that's about impossible to find from any source at any cost.

My contractors go to schools & day cares, which are required to have sanitizing stations at the entrance- so I guess I don't really need it, but want to proceed with an abundance of caution. I'll be giving them all masks, thermometers, gloves, everything beyond what is required. I'll check into the distillery thing- I've been reading that a lot of them have started producing it, so that's worth a look. Hopefully, I can find some that doesn't have a big "Jack Daniels Sanitizer" label on it or something- not a good look for preschools! :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I would ah, source where the masks are made. A lot of the Chinese ones that get bought by vape businesses IDK. I saw our covid expert task person cutting up a bunch of them and well, she was not super happy with the results.

Do NOT buy the N95 Chinese equivalent of an N95 mask, they have been proven to be a bit useless. I would be looking in contractor stores, maybe Harbor Freight for N95 masks, contractors use them all the time.

If you want another sort of mask, and you think your employees could hack it, I might get cloth masks but ONLY the ones with the sort of paper insert, and they'd have to be washed regularly.

As far as hand sanitizer making your own is going to be cheaper for the most part, I don't know quite what to say about the Lysol but bleach (although it stinks) is equally useful for disinfecting. If no one but your workers will be disinfecting, laundry bleach will be JUST as effective, diluted and put in a spay bottle. It simply is and a lot of Lysol wipes contain it anyway, but regular bleach on its own works JUST as well as far as killing off the nasties.

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you.

I get really annoyed at Chinese vape sites trying to sell masks and cleaning products when they are often not that good, etc.

Anna

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'll check into the distillery thing- I've been reading that a lot of them have started producing it, so that's worth a look. Hopefully, I can find some that doesn't have a big "Jack Daniels Sanitizer" label on it or something- not a good look for preschools!

The ones I have seen on the internet and in my area are bottled in
    • booze bottles (looks like a bottle of vodka)
    • soft drink/vitamin drink bottles and
    • milk jugs.
    Most probably do not package in travel sizes, and like I said, the ones I have seen are liquid so they would have to be put in small spray bottles to spray on your hands. 30ml or 50ml eliquid bottles with needle or blunt tips would be OK, too.

You may have to resort to buying bigger bottles and repackaging yourself. Or send your employees the big bottles of sanitizer with empty smaller bottles for them to use it in.

Good luck finding disinfectant. I have been looking in my area for over a month.
    Sams club or costco might have it but you'll have to get out there first thing in the morning every day to get a chance at getting any. With businesses starting to open up, that stuff will probably fly faster than toilet paper.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Bleach is totally disinfecting it truly is at the right proportion and I have seen it at almost every emporium I go to. I always go, "Why are people idiots?"

Anna
    Good thought, Anna- but I'm thinking some of the women might not like me if I tell them to spray their pretty cloth equipment bags with bleach. :eek:
    :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm not one of them. I happen to believe like, a garage full of toilet paper will save me from nothing.

Don't even get me started on the whole TP madness. I dealt with so many teen girls freaking out about it because their family had not bought out the store. They were kind of cute, but having to say, "You know back in olden days, people cut up newspapers for TP usage and it's not the most comfortable thing of all time. Besides, what is usually right NEXT to the toilet? A bath tub that is what. You can pull your pants down a little further and plop yourself on the edge, run the water and have a little scrub. And I PROMISE schools will not reopen until they have adequate toilet paper, and maybe not even then." It got old by oh, time number 40 but they were REALLY freaking out.

I suppose hygiene is a good thing, but one can take it too far. Some febreeze (AFAIK) is ALSO disinfecting you might look for that .Maybe the nut jobs haven't bought it all yet I mean, you never know.

Anna
    ETA: You CAN get color safe bleach not sure how well it works though. Or Oxyclean. So many people don't know about the magic of oxyclean. It may well be my favorite cleanser. See of you can get bottles of industrial strength oxyclean.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    "You know back in olden days, people cut up newspapers for TP usage and it's not the most comfortable thing of all time.

That and phone book pages. Problem is, most households don't have newspapers and phone books. Newspappers and phonebooks are foreign things to a lot of younger folks...like records, 8-tracks and cassettes.

But if you do have these things, the key is to crinkle the pages up really good and massage it in your hands to get it ragged and therefore softer. You do this BEFORE you wipe your bum with it. Otherwise you'll have a mess on your hands...and a sore bum :D

Last edited:
    Reactions: Wow1420
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread