Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
They are made By Leo. They are rebuildable but nothing like a Kayfun/clone. It's a simple device that goes into a carto tank. The build is like a Protank head coil except it goes into a reusable ceramic cup. Here's a link to the By Leo thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/euro-suppliers/426015-leo-attys-mods-drip-tips-tanks.html There's some info in the Provarinati Saloon thread too since lots of us have them.

Hmm time to google sophias.. Have not heard of those before :)

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
Apart from those that you have to build yourself (like the diver which is way too intimidating at this point) which cartos do you prefer in your carto tanks?

I've tried just about every type of device know to vapingman over the last 3 years but eventually returned to carto tanks more than a year ago because I never found anything better but did find plenty worse. As for the actual cartos I tried dual coils but don't like them (which doesn't mean that you will not like them). I am totally committed to Boge 510D XL cartos which are not only the cheapest I can buy but also the best. You can get them pre-punched and in various resistances but my own preference is for the unpunched ones at about 2 ohms. I cut 2 slots in these and this works fine in every tank I have tried, and I have tried five different ones. Again, my own preference is for Boge F16 4ml tank. The F17 (or it may be F15) is same length but a lesser diameter (and lower capacity, obviously). These tanks are just about as simple as you can get - no locking and no pyrex (which you would need if using any of the tank cracking liquids). I actually like the fact that you can just slide the carto up to refill a tank in a matter of seconds but I know that some people prefer to have the carto locked into position. And these Boge tanks are also ridiculously cheap. And just for the record, I have no ties to Boge or any other manufacturer or vendor - just a happy consumer.

Mogy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Arkansas
Thank you so much for you toughts in the matter really appreciate it :). I know that it is with cartos the same as with any other vaping thing 100 different kinds 200 different people and each to their own :) (sometimes frustrating but also the part that makes vaping awesome) i am just now starting my research into different alernatives out there so it really helps to hear who likes what and why to see what is out there and how it might work differently :)

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been trying different cartos in my IBT tanks lately. I've used Smok 2.0 ohm single coil dual punch most of the time I've been vaping and I like them. The Ikenvape slotted work fine too, and I notice not real difference between them and the smok. Except the Smok has the flange. I have some Smok dual coils here to try yet.

Last edited:

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tried out new ones today with a refill. I ended up frustrated with the Boge F16 in my IBT tank. After fully and properly priming it, the first thing it did was burn. at 1.9 ohms it shouldn't have burned at 3.7 volts. Now with a clearo, I'd usually just pop a new one in. But with cartos, if it does it again that's a lot of wasted juice. Now, I don't blame Boge, because their slotted unflanged cartos have been amazing for me. I also tried the smoke dual coils, I wasn't impressed...I like their single coils much better. So there's my final answer. Smok 2 punch 2.0ohm and Boge laser slotted.

mh37

Apr 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Im currently using boge prepunched,and have been for over a year,gave up on everything else only use cartos.Ihave an ibtank and 20 smok prepunched on there way to try,cant use plastic tanks fined the vape poor,best ive found is the uk Odyssey stainless steel tank,5 year guarantee and is the best built tank ive ever seen or used,cant wait to try the stuff from ibtanked to see how it stacks up!

Mogy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Arkansas
Let us know how you do with them Mogy. I really enjoy the Smoktech's but the key to them all is in the priming. Like everything in vaping it takes a little time and practice so don't get frustrated.

I have been practising after watching pbusardo and reading ocelots and batitudes blog on the subject. I had some regular unbunched ones for juice tasting... Hardest part was to know when to top em off again... Besides they look stupid on me gadget but i like how they vape alot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread