which cotton is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwelsh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada
I noticed alot of people are using cotton on their rbas, is this the same cotton that's inside cartos? I have numerous cartos that I no longer use, some used and some not, and since using rbas exclusively now(with as mesh), just wondering if the cotton from the cartos could be used up on my rbas ?

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
The stuff in cartos is polyfill. Don't use it. I use organic unbleached yarn from my local high-end nitting shop. I boiled it a few times to remove any soap that may have been left behind in the initial washing process used to make yarn. I've also used 100% cotton latex free rolled gauze that I got at the pharmacy. It works really well and for 3$ have enough to last a lifetime.

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
Cotten balls boiled twice rolled thin in vivi novas have out performed every wick ive tried so far and ive tried em all. I switch em out for a nice vodka bath every three days and they last for months and really kick .......

If the cotton balls are sterile, do we still need to boil them? I figured a boiled cotton ball would just be a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread