Which new Provari to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobFindlay

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
SLC, UT
So to celebrate my 2 year anniversary of my chrome Provari--most reliable device I've ever owned--I'm going to buy a 2nd one.

So I have two questions:

First, I really like the look of the black satin finish, but my concern is how well does that finish hold up to scratches?

*Edit: Answered my own question, it does.* Second, I'm assuming this is the case, but you *can* get a matching end cap?

Man, I think black satin with a blue LED would be pretty as heck.

-Rob

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
Agreed. Black satin with blue LED sounds sharp. I purchased my first Provari (after a collection of over a dozen assorted mods) about 3 months ago. It has been ultra reliable. I did drop it (more like "fling" it) once, very sharply as I was closing my car door wiith mod in hand. It flew several feet and slid along the asphalt. I purchased the white one, so although it continues to work perfectly, a couple of minor scratches (scrapes) managed to show through. If I had black, most likely no sign at all.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I would wait for V3, unless you want to save some money and take a look in Provape's clearance section. They have some "blems" (blemished Provari's) there for cheaper pricing. From what I've read here, the so called blems aren't really all that blemished. Whatever little scratch in the finish exists, it's not noticeable.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    I have a feeling, there wont be much if any of any "early adopter" issue with the P3.

I dont think they're reiventing the wheel here.. In all likelyhood, they are going to put out a device that can put out the same amount of power as DNA30 devices.

I wouldn't be TOO surprised if they even used the DNA30 chip.. though knowing Provape, they will probably develop their own tech.

Have you watched the two part, almost 80minute long video series from PBusardo, where he visited Provape, did an indepth tour of the facility, and a lengthy interview with the owners of Provape?

Its worth a watch.

Im a mech guy, have been for a while, and I dont see myself going back to regulated devices as my daily vape.. but I still have my Provari, its the only regulated device I still even bother to use for occasional situations. And after watching the videos, I felt even more proud that my only regulated device is the Prov.

zipflint

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 26, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    After watching Phil's big video on ProVape, I immediately wanted a ProVari. If there weren't so many rumours floating around about an imminent (hopefully) V3, I'd probably have already bought a V2.5.

But I'm the kind of doofus that would be kicking himself if the new one came out about a month after I got my "old" ProVari.

It's just the consumerist in me. I try really hard to ignore that little voice. But he gets LOUD sometimes..... :D

RobFindlay

ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2011
    SLC, UT
    I suppose I should hurry up and order this as my good old stand-by porvari, is, well I hate to even say it, starting to malfunction.

I'll likely get a local guy here who works on them to fix it, but damn, exactly 2 years lol.

My Provari is not malfunctioning.

Unrelated: It's amazing that after two years what a little mild cleaning will do to your P2's 510 connector. :)

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 28, 2014
    Norway
    www.steam-engine.org
    I wouldn't be TOO surprised if they even used the DNA30 chip.. though knowing Provape, they will probably develop their own tech.

I would be pretty surprised if the just stuck a DNA-30 in there. Surprised, and disappointed.

They have the know-how to make their own chip, and then to release a device that uses a third party chip unable to regulate the voltage down? Nah, pretty unthinkable to me.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Just from watching PBusardo's video of the Provape facility and the interview with the owners of Provape, I was immediately impressed with the number of aerospace engineers who work for Provape. Think about it. NASA et al focused on safety, minuturization, and energy efficiency for the space program.

I look for a very small mod, perhaps smaller than the Mini Provari. I also look for a more energy efficient mod that can go longer on a battery than current standards.

I doubt that Provape would utilize a third party chip. Both Evolve and Provape have denied any collaboration with each other.

Other than that....I got nuth'n.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread