Which one should I buy? Wismec Reuleaux RX200 vs. eVic-VTC Mini vs. Eleaf iStick 40W TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
The prices are similar so money is not an issue here but I can't decide which one to buy.

I use to have the eleaf 50w but it kept auto-firing and freaked the hell out of me after reading so many mods exploding in people's faces in the news.

Only found the RX200 and VTC from youtube videos and Reddit recommendations.

Temp Control would be nice...maybe it will stop the device from auto-firing but not sure if I want another eleaf after what happned to the Eleaf 50w scandal.

Also, what new atomizers are out there today that is really popular/good?

Stopped vaping for a few months after I've lost my mod on the bus...

Last edited:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Rx200 or vtc mini IMO. Firmware upgrade-ability is an important factor with TC mods so that odd bugs can be squashed.

I'd recommend the evic VT, but its firmware is not upgradeable.

I picked up the rx200 for extended battery life. It will be replacing my evic VT which died. The battery life in the evic vt was superb. Nearly 3 full days in TC mode!

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
Rx200 or vtc mini IMO. Firmware upgrade-ability is an important factor with TC mods so that odd bugs can be squashed.

I'd recommend the evic VT, but its firmware is not upgradeable.

I picked up the rx200 for extended battery life. It will be replacing my evic VT which died. The battery life in the evic vt was superb. Nearly 3 full days in TC mode!

Hmmmm...how did the evic died? Is the VT the same as the VTC? Not sure if you're just writing shortcuts...or they're actually different mods..

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
What tank will you be running? The Reuleaux RX200 will suit your needs now and in the future. Like others have said will give you a long battery life.
I don't have a tank yet, still deciding what to buy. Getting back into vaping after losing my mod few months ago. I had the Kanger subtank previously but would like to try something even better.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I would take the istick 40 off your list. I have one and the battery life really sucks. I also own the VTC. I would definitely recommend that one. I have another one on order. Thought about getting the RX200 but am concerned about the weight for carrying it around. If this is going to be your only mod, I think the VTC makes the most sense.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
I would take the istick 40 off your list. I have one and the battery life really sucks. I also own the VTC. I would definitely recommend that one. I have another one on order. Thought about getting the RX200 but am concerned about the weight for carrying it around. If this is going to be your only mod, I think the VTC makes the most sense.

Yeah, I was concerned about the weight too. Don't feel like carrying batteries + mod in my pocket every time I go out.

VTC makes more sense for me as I can charge it everywhere I go, work, home, friend's house. If anything I have an external battery always ready in my car.

But other than the battery is the RX200 better than the VTC in vaping comparisons?

Maybe more power? But who really vapes at 200 watt....I only have my istick 50w set at 30w when I had it.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
By the sounds of it, the RX200 is a heck of a box and really pretty small for what it is. It has a similar chip to the one in the VTC so they should be similar in vape other than the extra power from the RX200. It is a hard choice. Bigger sounds good but the couple of big boxes that I have bought both were gifted or sold. They were fine for around the house but not so good when on the go. I always take 2 boxes and tanks with me where ever I go so the extra battery power is not so important to me. I would recommend that you get a couple of boxes and tanks as well. You never know when something is going to go wrong and the alternative is to go buy some smokes.

Reactions: JDC1958

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I just got the RX200 today, have had the VTC Mini for a while. They work very similarly. It's pretty much up to your needs and preferences. The VTC Mini goes up to 75w, which should be enough for almost any atty, but it will eat up batteries really quickly if run that high. The RX200 will have a lot longer battery runtime, particularly as it will have less of a battery sag at higher wattages. It's not that big, about the size of two VTC Minis, but it is heavy. Around 400g with an atty.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Hmmmm...how did the evic died? Is the VT the same as the VTC? Not sure if you're just writing shortcuts...or they're actually different mods..
My VT died because of pure user error. I am an engineer and must take everything apart. Doing so with my VT accidentally broke the screen. I had another member send me one for disassembly (dead from juice intrusion). I swapped display subassemblies and it was good to go for about a month. Honestly I think it has a cold solder joint and could be easily fixed. However I had not dedicated the time to take it back apart.

Anyways the VT and VTC (mini) are two different mods completely. My original efforts with the VT was to see if I could flash the VTC firmware to the VT. My discovery was that it is not and never will be.

The VTC guts in the VT would be a superb mod IMO. The deal breaker with the VT was the non upgradeable firmware. The VTC had this. The deal breaker with the VTC is the single 18650.

I decided that it seems that 18650 mods are going to persist way into the future so the RX200 was the way to go for me as it carries 3 18650s and is upgradeable. I wish the VTC had the 5000 mah lipo that the VT does. I would buy many of them if it did but it seems that the populous dislikes lipos at the moment.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
I would highly recommend the rx200, I love mine but at the same time I have only had it for a day. With the rx200 you have 3 batteries and even though they are in series the battery last a long time since your only drawing a third of your power from each cell. my 3000mah batteries in my rx running 45 watts lasts way longer than my evic VT with a 5000mah battery does running at 40 watts. I love the feel (shape) of the rx200 in my hand. I wouldn't even put it in the same category as an evic vtc mini, and you might as well throw away the idea of an eleaf.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
I would highly recommend the rx200, I love mine but at the same time I have only had it for a day. With the rx200 you have 3 batteries and even though they are in series the battery last a long time since your only drawing a third of your power from each cell. my 3000mah batteries in my rx running 45 watts lasts way longer than my evic VT with a 5000mah battery does running at 40 watts. I love the feel (shape) of the rx200 in my hand. I wouldn't even put it in the same category as an evic vtc mini, and you might as well throw away the idea of an eleaf.
Just worried if it blows up...it's three batteries blowing up instead of one. Been reading too many mods explosions on the news lately.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
Just worried if it blows up...it's three batteries blowing up instead of one. Been reading too many mods explosions on the news lately.
Oh geez. I garentee the majority, possibly as close as 95%, of those explosions that are battery related where do to user error. With a mod like this you need three married batteries. Batteries that are the same exact age, have been used together, charged and discharged together and at the same rates and so on. What happens to one battery happens to the other two. Its also important to make sure your not exceeding the max discharge rate of the batteries.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Wouldn't recommend any ismoka product. Too many poorly made devices and shoddy quality control. The eVic's that are in the publics hands around here are doing well so far not too many issues considering. Don't know about the RX200 board yet one left my friends shop Monday and the buyer put's his gear through it's paces so we're waiting to hear in a few weeks yay or nay.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Were your at I think the VTC will fit you needs and more. Its small versitle and has been good with updates. I like the two I have. although the RX 200 is in my next buy list so I can't say much about that except I want one. For the Price on both right now, They both are the well rated. If you want a small, compact, upgradedable cheap single battery, go with the VTC mini. But me personally, I have a bad habit of shinyitis tons of batteries and better lungs now that the smoke has cleared, I think you would be very happy with either or both. Get some good batteries and a decent charger. and your good to go.

Alkatiri

Dec 9, 2015
Indonesia
I personally had thought about getting the rx 200 until I saw my friend's. I like the shape and the fact that the battery life lasts long. But the weight and the size... just don't fit my needs.
I still use my vtc mini for daily vape and it's perfect for me. Small enough to fit in my pocket and not as heavy. Besides, I vape between 35 to 50 watts.
You might want to ask again what type of electrical mod do you need.

:)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I personally had thought about getting the rx 200 until I saw my friend's. I like the shape and the fact that the battery life lasts long. But the weight and the size... just don't fit my needs.
I still use my vtc mini for daily vape and it's perfect for me. Small enough to fit in my pocket and not as heavy. Besides, I vape between 35 to 50 watts.
You might want to ask again what type of electrical mod do you need.

:)
I agree (except for the size, it's quite small), it's heavy. Perhaps not the best carry around mod. The battery life is incredible, but the need to have three married batteries also makes it a whole lot more complicated.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I suggest that you look at two units. Forget the Evic VTC one battery just isn't enough for vaping at medium to higher wattages. Too much battery sag too short of Battery Life.

I have a EVIC VT, the form factor is very reasonable and I use it for about town combined with a Tobeco Supertank Mini. The Evic VT has a built in 5250 mah battery. So you save on having to buy batteries, it also safely recharges using standard Micro USB from any source. The Evic Vt has been around long enough to have a track record and it's very well regarded. Go to you tube and look up some reviews. The only pickiness I see in the reviews is about TC which I don't use anyway.

The Tobeco Super Tank Mini is a mid range tank that puts out a very flavorfull vape. The vape is thick enough to be satisfying but not in the monstrous levels that you'll find on the Crown and TFV4. In three months it's never leaked or sputtered. A really fabulous Tank for around and about town.

At home I'm into huge tasty voluminous vapor and I use a Cloupor GT-80 which takes two 18650 Batteries and has capability to go up to 80 Watts. Although some of the reviewers think it only goes to 70Watts. Though you won't hear much about the Cloupor GT-80 it has been working very well. I pair it with a Crown Tank and am vaping at around 45-50 Watts. By the way I'm getting an awesome vape. But the combo is too big for around town also the Vape is just so voluminous that I'm embarrased in public by the huge clouds.

I'm really enjoying this combo but I'm very curious to try High Wattage Vaping so I need one of the 200 Watt devices. I checked the reviews and they are very postive for the Reuleax RX200 & the Smok TFV4. I liked the novelty of 3 batteries and when Running 3 batteries in Parallel the reviewers say there is virtually no Battery Sag. Very minor but I liked the styling, the Teal and White version looks very snazzy. Finally the price is amazing for what you get. On the tank side the TFV4 is one of the Tanks that will take advantage of the higher watts. Don't confuse it with the TFV4 mini lot's of complaints on that one for sputtering etc.

Here are my cautions. The RX 200 will cost someone new to vaping more then anticipated.

1. The APV alone is very reasonable. I picked it up at Vape Nw for $39.95 + $5.00 shipping.

2. I already have a 4 battery charger but I strongly suggest that anyone who buys this unit purchases a 4 battery charger. Will run around $27.00 Orbtronics has the Xtar VC4 at $27.00. I've had good experience with Xtar chargers. My last one lasted me around 4 years.
Allmost all the reviewers and experienced Vapers with the RX200 say the same "do not trust the built in charging on this device. " The balancing just doesn't work right. The safe way to use this APV is to charge the batteries externally with a dedicated Battery Charger.

3. If you go the RX200 route, The next purchase that you'll need to make is one or two sets of 3 batteries so you can marry them together. Doing it right get two sets. One to use and one to change out. I found a great deal on LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q around $6.99 and $5.19 per battery respectively at Orbtronics a very reputable site. So you are going to be set back another $20.00 to $40.00 for the batteries. I bought two different types of batteries so that I don't accidentally mix and match the triple sets. Safety First.

4. Finally you are going to need a Atty to take advantage of it, for around 40-50 watt vaping I suggest the crown with the .25Ohm SS Atty around $20.00-$30.00 and for 80 Watts + vaping we are back to the Smok TFV4. Full Atomizer Kit running around $26.00 on Ebay. Most companies selling at low price were out of the silver TFV4 so I risked Ebay.

5. Finally So total cost if you don't have a battery charger or a high voltage atty around and doing it right with 6 fresh batteries will be $140.00

I strongly suggest that you go to a local vape shop if you are near any and check out the Evic Vt it sounds like more of what you are looking for . The form factor is very reasonable, as you expressed that you are more in the market for a around town APV and at around $45.00 with built in battery and Pass through capability it's the best deal on the market [Arguably]

Can't wait to get in my RX200 and TFV4 as my opinions on them at this point in time is based on reading the reviews in the forum and watching reviews on You Tube.

1 Battery is simply not enough for 45 Watt Vaping so unless you are going to use it as a pass through I strongly suggest you stay away from 1 battery mods like Evic VTC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread