• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Which option has better odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umisuke

Jul 13, 2017
Hey guys, so I'm new here. I've been smoking for roughly 2 years and think its pretty much time to quit... especially since I picked up smoking for an immensely stupid reason (broke up w ex).

So I'm interested in learning more about vaping and stumbled on this forum. I know that you guys do not advocate for sales and will not give information, I respect that.

I'm however currently in Japan and will continue to be here until the end of July as I'm on a student exchange programme. vaping is common here, and there're plenty of vape shops around the city where I stay.

My main question is, would you guys suggest that I pick up a beginner kit here, and try to bring it through customs? Or would shipping stuff in when I'm back in SG be the better option. I feel that if I pick up a basic kit, replacement coils and juice can be shipped in in a future date if I so desired.

I apologise if this breaks any rules, but I don't believe it does?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Letitia

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I think only registered vendors are allowed to sell here, but there's nothing to prevent people here from recommending vape gear or liquids or from posting links to even non-registered vendors.

That said, I was under the impression that vaping nicotine eliquid is illegal in Japan? Not sure whether Japan Customs would intercept eliquid that contains nicotine mailed into the country or whether you could get into trouble if you tried.

If you can't get hold of eliquids that contain nicotine there, you might be better off waiting until you return to the States in a few weeks before you attempt to quit smoking by using ecigs. You could try 0 nic eliquids, but I have my doubts that they will be effective in satisfying your cravings.

I haven't been to Japan since I started vaping, but if vaping gear is legal there I don't see why there would be a problem with Customs if you bring it back. Just follow the rules on the amount of liquid you can transport and carry all your gear and liquids with you (not in checked-in luggage).

Umisuke

Jul 13, 2017
Hmm yeah I did not realise that e-liquid containing nicotine was illegal in Japan. I just noticed many folks vaping and assumed that it was completely legal, especially having walked past several vape shops. So I guess everyone's either using the IQos system they have here, or just vaping 0mg liquid huh.

The IQos system seems cool but there's no way to obtain the sticks required for it back in SG so its out of the picture.

Would you say that it's easier to attempt to bring the vape kit through customs, and ship in nicotine containing juice, or simply attempt to ship the whole beginner's kit in?

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Would you say that it's easier to attempt to bring the vape kit through customs, and ship in nicotine containing juice, or simply attempt to ship the whole beginner's kit in?

Considering vaping is completely and totally against the law in SG, shipping or attempting to bring anything vape related into the country is at your own risk.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
My main question is, would you guys suggest that I pick up a beginner kit here, and try to bring it through customs? Or would shipping stuff in when I'm back in SG be the better option. I feel that if I pick up a basic kit, replacement coils and juice can be shipped in in a future date if I so desired.

I apologise if this breaks any rules, but I don't believe it does?

Thanks in advance.

Search through this forum. This has been discussed at length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread