which tank to choose and buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinette

Jun 7, 2019
Hello nice vapers, I need your help

I am not new to vaping but I bought an eleaf MOD 0-80 w. I like it very much but I use an old kangertank clearomizer with it. It is time to change for a more advanced one. I would like a sub tank 0-80W no more. An easy one to use and refill. My choice go to the ELEAF MELO III or MELO 4 or both to buy. Is this a good choice ? What do you recommend I buy ? Please not too expensive and stainless steel. Thank you

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Will you inhale direct to lung or mouth to lung? Should your vapor be thick or thin? Hot or cold? Are you open to (single coil) rebuildables or do you prefer to use ready-to-go coil assemblies? When you say stainless steel are you including the tank or may that be pyrex?

80W covers a lot of ground, so the more info you share about the desired performance characteristics the better.

martinette

Jun 7, 2019
thank you for your reply - most appreciated

I inhale mouth to lung. Don't mind the vapor (not too too much) must be cold or warm not hot. I like ready-to-go assemblies coils. Don't want a DIY for the coils. I like stainless steel tank with pyrex. I am sort of allergic to nickel. Can't see anything else I can say. Need to learn a lot about those new sub tanks. My clearo are about 5 years old !!!! but still work. Thank you again.

Reactions: stols001

martinette

Jun 7, 2019
Will you inhale direct to lung or mouth to lung? Should your vapor be thick or thin? Hot or cold? Are you open to (single coil) rebuildables or do you prefer to use ready-to-go coil assemblies? When you say stainless steel are you including the tank or may that be pyrex?

80W covers a lot of ground, so the more info you share about the desired performance characteristics the better.
Thank you for your reply.
I inhale mouth to lung - I am not too fussy about the vapor. Thick or thin will do. I like it more on the cold side but warm is ok - don't like it hot. I like to put a ready coil in the tank - no DIY.
Regarding the quality of the tank I would like it in stainless steel and pyrex preferably. I am kind of allergic to nickel. My tongue does not like nickel. I don't like the look of acrylic ones.
I need a tank with a 510 drip tip. Don't like 810.
thank you so much for your help. I need to learn a lot about sub tanks.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Innokin Zenith or Zlide are good Mtl / mouth to lung delivery devices.
Both 510 drip dip, very good flavor & vapor, easy to use, top filling.
Various replacement coil heads (ready to prime & go type) from .48Ω to 1.6Ω
Aspire nautilus 2S is another you might check out.

Won't need near 80w which increases battery life.

The whole 'sub tank' thing is a misnomer, kind of a nondescript catch all term, mostly something that stuck after kangar released the actual subtank.
Sub ohm resistances can be used for either Mtl or Dtl,

Last edited:

martinette

Jun 7, 2019
never used this company before,just found it looking at sub tank mini's for you. Kanger Subtank Mini Hybrid RBA Clearomizer

Thank you so much. The world of sub tank is very new to me. In my country Kangertech is well known and that's why I have a pile of clearos. Now do you know the brand ELEAF ? it is made in China but I never had a problem since I started vaping and used this brand. I don't know their tanks. I buy my staff at FASTTECH and maybe this is a mistake. I know INNOKIN - I have mods from this brand and like them. I prefer rechargeable mods. I don't use mods with batteries very often. I like my ELEAF Istick Power. It is very big but lats 2 days. It is 5000 mah.
I am going to have a look at Innokin tanks. Thank you again.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would not go with any Melo tanks my experience was I hated them.

I think a Zenith would suit your needs or an N2S (with the 0.7 mesh coil.)

Do note these are technically "MTL" tanks and set up that way. You won't be blowing the largest clouds of all time, but with the right coil and wattage you can blow a fair amount of vapor.

I hate the tailpipe drip tip as well.

Anna

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
They're almost all made in China. The big problem with most budget equipment is that it's engineered to fail. Brands on my personal excrement list include: Smok, Joyetech, Kanger, and the aptly named Voopoo. These are primarily sold to ignorant beginners who are unwilling to invest much up-front. There are a ton of mid-range brands that each have their following, and then there's Geekvape which stands head and shoulders above the rest due to durable craftsmanship and attention to detail. Beyond that you have the high-end luxury brands which are sometimes manufactured in Europe, partner with a vaping celebrities, and appeal to niche users.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Innokin Zlide or Innokin Zenith tanks would be my recommendation for a low wattage, MTL tank.

The Zlide can be disassembled to make cleaning the inside easier, and if you break the glass it can be replaced. The Zenith can not be disassembled, so its a bit of a pain to clean inside, and if you break the glass you'll need another tank.

martinette

Jun 7, 2019
I would not go with any Melo tanks my experience was I hated them.

I think a Zenith would suit your needs or an N2S (with the 0.7 mesh coil.)

Do note these are technically "MTL" tanks and set up that way. You won't be blowing the largest clouds of all time, but with the right coil and wattage you can blow a fair amount of vapor.

I hate the tailpipe drip tip as well.

Anna

Hi Anna,
Thank you for your advice. I am surprise that the MELO 3 or 4 might not be good. Reviwes are quite nice on this subtank. Just want to know what you did not like about the MELO. Do you think MELO 4 would give me problems
I have always vaped with Eleaf and honestly very happy with this brand but never tried their subtank. I am going to reconsider my choice.

martinette

Jun 7, 2019
They're almost all made in China. The big problem with most budget equipment is that it's engineered to fail. Brands on my personal excrement list include: Smok, Joyetech, Kanger, and the aptly named Voopoo. These are primarily sold to ignorant beginners who are unwilling to invest much up-front. There are a ton of mid-range brands that each have their following, and then there's Geekvape which stands head and shoulders above the rest due to durable craftsmanship and attention to detail. Beyond that you have the high-end luxury brands which are sometimes manufactured in Europe, partner with a vaping celebrities, and appeal to niche users.

I agree with you. Some brands are very bad. I had once a Joytech and it lasted no time although it was quite expensive. I don't know about ELEAF but I must admit I never had a problem. My small mod of 2400 mah is till working fine and I bought it 4 years ago and charge it everyday. I vape quite a lot.
Which brand do you recommend ? It has to be rechargeable as I don't like the ones with batteries. Right now I would like to buy the ELEAF MOD 4400 mah. Eleaf does not make it anymore but it is a good mod.
Thank you again for your advice.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I agree with you. Some brands are very bad. I had once a Joytech and it lasted no time although it was quite expensive. I don't know about ELEAF but I must admit I never had a problem. My small mod of 2400 mah is till working fine and I bought it 4 years ago and charge it everyday. I vape quite a lot.
Which brand do you recommend ? It has to be rechargeable as I don't like the ones with batteries. Right now I would like to buy the ELEAF MOD 4400 mah. Eleaf does not make it anymore but it is a good mod.
Thank you again for your advice.
I hear a lot of positive reports about iStick mods.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I hear a lot of positive reports about iStick mods.

I’ve had good luck with them. I have the zippier which I use for building, so it doesn’t get a daily work out, but it reads accurately. And I can charge it and leave it sit for weeks with no noticeable drain.

But eleaf tanks are awful. Every other brand/model I’ve tried beats them hands down.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Hi Anna,
Thank you for your advice. I am surprise that the MELO 3 or 4 might not be good. Reviwes are quite nice on this subtank. Just want to know what you did not like about the MELO. Do you think MELO 4 would give me problems
I have always vaped with Eleaf and honestly very happy with this brand but never tried their subtank. I am going to reconsider my choice.

I'm not Anna, obviously.

You said you wanted a Mtl tank with a normal size / 510 drip tip. Right?

The Melo tanks are more for Dtl inhale & higher watt (30 -100w) vaping and have a wide bore drip tip.

I think the 'sub tank' thing may have you confused.
If your goal is to find a new Mtl tank, which is an inhalation style/method with matching airflow characteristics, best to stick with 'tanks' designed for Mtl vaping and forget about the resistance of the coil head they use.

Dtl 'tanks' have large air inlets, usually large diameter drip tips, very little to no inhale resistance, use higher power levels, consume much more liquid & battery life.

Dtl = free, open non restricted rapid inhale pulling vapor directly into your lungs, most often associated with cloud blowers.
Like exhale the air in your lungs and very strongly inhale, like trying to suck marbles through a garden hose in one big inhale.
Mtl = slower smooth usually longer inhale from restricted to fairly open, vapor pulled into mouth then inhaled, mimics that of the older delivery devices you said you liked, similar to an inhale one would use for a cigarette.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not you, so honestly if you have liked those tanks I hate to dissuade you. By all means. A fair number of folks must like them, otherwise they wouldn't be being made, I guess.

I was thinking more of the MTL aspect yes. I don't find those tanks to be very restricted at all and that coupled with their small size hasn't made me a fan. I don't consider them MTL tanks but with that said, anything can be classified as anything. Whether you like it or not is up to you. Please don't feel discouraged by anything I have said about them, if you like them.

Anna

kashif

May 26, 2019

I don't think a product is bad if its manufactured in China. Almost all companies including Sony, Samsung etc are manufacturing their products from china because the labour is cheap but the quality of the product is same as it would have been if manufactured in Europe or US.

But I agree that vape stores sell cheap sticks to customers. When I went to vape store I told the guy to give me something which is good for a beginner but not something cheap and he gave a a smok infinix which I didn't like because of the regular spit backs. He gave me 3 mg of freebase juice to quinch my nicotine desire. He didn't tell me the difference between a freebase juice and a nic salt juice. I aksed him why that particular juice is having 25 mg nicotine and he said its for those who are chain smokers. When I get home and took puffs of the 3 mg free base I didn't feel any nicotine at all and even my friend who was an ex smoker didn't feel any nic effect and later I found out that a freebase with 3 mg will never give us any nicotine in a pod device. Now I use high strength of freebase for pod and 6 mg of the same juice for my mod device. All thanks to ECF members.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I don't think a product is bad if its manufactured in China. Almost all companies including Sony, Samsung etc are manufacturing their products from china because the labour is cheap but the quality of the product is same as it would have been if manufactured in Europe or US.

But I agree that vape stores sell cheap sticks to customers. When I went to vape store I told the guy to give me something which is good for a beginner but not something cheap and he gave a a smok infinix which I didn't like because of the regular spit backs. He gave me 3 mg of freebase juice to quinch my nicotine desire. He didn't tell me the difference between a freebase juice and a nic salt juice. I aksed him why that particular juice is having 25 mg nicotine and he said its for those who are chain smokers. When I get home and took puffs of the 3 mg free base I didn't feel any nicotine at all and even my friend who was an ex smoker didn't feel any nic effect and later I found out that a freebase with 3 mg will never give us any nicotine in a pod device. Now I use high strength of freebase for pod and 6 mg of the same juice for my mod device. All thanks to ECF members.
Yes, statement was made to reinforce the idea that made in China does not necessarily imply bad quality, even though many crappy products are made there. My Geekvape stuff is made there and I love it.

You had a terrible experience at that store. 3mg for a pod—sheesh! If the salesman had even a modicum of interest or knowledge he'd have never let you walk out with that (or a Smok). Imagine having an instrumental role in introducing vaping to newbies and then dropping the ball like that. Though on the other hand the general public can be pretty awful. Like the ones who go to the store to test out the product and then go home and buy from Fasttech to save a few bucks. There's a special place in hell—but anyway—yeah it's good that you found us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread