Whistle Tip Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wanted to try a KR8 because of all the great reviews here. I like the idea of a fresh atty all the time and not getting juice in my mouth or all over my hands. I have to agree with all the reviews. The KR8 is a terrific e-cig - especially the extra long ones. I like the vapor production and the long battery life. And no leaky carts is wonderful!! I got a set from Vapor 4 Life and it is excellent quality for a good price.

But, I prefer a whistle tip e-cig, unless it is something very tiny, like Blu. A whistle tip is more comfortable in my mouth, and it provides a bit of distance between my lips and the hot atty. But there is no such thing as a whistle tip cartomizer. I looked everywhere for one and no luck. I figured I would have to go back to messing with carts.

I got creative going through my box of e-cig stash and found a way to have my cake and eat it too! The mouthpiece from Modern Vapor's 902 cartridge Vapor Electronic Cigarette - Smokeless Cigarettes - E-Liquid (E-Juice) fits perfectly in a V4L cartomizer, either the WOW or the premiums Vapor4Life-Because it's your life - E-Cigarettes/Smoking Alternatives Just pop the little white cap out of the V4L carto and take the inner cart out of the 902 cartridge and the whistle tip mouthpiece slips right in. It fits nice and snug, too!

Here's a picture. On the left is a 902 atty and cartridge. (I don't have any batteries because I use 902s with my nicostick) Next is a 902 cart with the mouthpiece and inner cart separated. Below that is the little white rubber cap from a KR8. The addition of the whistle tip makes for an impressively long e-cig, but I'm using the XL batteries. I have been using this set up for a few days now and have had no problems whatsoever.

~A
317ct5l.jpg

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
Hi, angelique510. I also use whistle tips on my cartomizers. They indeed feel better. In my case, I use the 901 cartridge on my 510 cartomizer. I do have to trim them to length, but I can leave about 3/4s of the polyfill in (it has to touch the top of the cartomizer filler) and hold an additional 12 drops of fluid for an even longer time between refills than the cartomizer alone. You might be able to do this with your mod as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread