• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

White Rose Meet in Feb ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
so far the ProVari and Darwin have the best safety features...next up would likely be the buzz line and the LavaTube. All of these are reliant on the proper batteries (AW IMR or equivalent), except the darwin, which has an internal non-swapable battery. I really should try to make it up to one the meets. They sound like a ton of fun!

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
so far the ProVari and Darwin have the best safety features...next up would likely be the buzz line and the LavaTube. All of these are reliant on the proper batteries (AW IMR or equivalent), except the darwin, which has an internal non-swapable battery. I really should try to make it up to one the meets. They sound like a ton of fun!

You should! I wanted to go to the Philly meet, but our meet was the same day :( I've been researching the Provari and it has basically the same electronic safety features as my Vaprlife Joker, but with only a single battery as opposed to my stacked ones. Also read that the atty connection is press fit and that may make it a weak point. If it had a more solid atty connection and a magnetic end cap I would probably buy it. I was planning to research more about the Darwin, because I have no idea about it's safety features and how safe the batteries are in it. My husband has a Lavatube, which I'm even considering getting.

Last edited:

crispysaturn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hazleton, Pa
Lava tube is nicebut Darwin is awesome and has same batteries as your cell phone - you do still use that right!? You should be more than ok with Darwin as far as safety.

I just requested off (actually won a paid weekend off) the weekend of the meets- March 10th. So you will be able to play with another Darwin there :)

Expect me, my wife, brother and his friend.

This one I won't miss - unless we get hammered with snow. And even then I'll stay over night in palmyra.

Pj

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Lava tube is nicebut Darwin is awesome and has same batteries as your cell phone - you do still use that right!? You should be more than ok with Darwin as far as safety.

I just requested off (actually won a paid weekend off) the weekend of the meets- March 10th. So you will be able to play with another Darwin there :)

Expect me, my wife, brother and his friend.

This one I won't miss - unless we get hammered with snow. And even then I'll stay over night in palmyra.

Pj

Cool, hope to see you guys! Yeah, I still can't decide - and even if I did I don't see any Darwins up for sale yet. I thought I heard somewhere that Evolv is coming out with a new Darwin, too.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
Hi. Hoping to attend the March meeting... it's been awhile since I've been to one.

I used a Provari and a Darwin for about a month. Provari won, hands down and it's pretty much the only thing I've used in the last six months or so. I still have the Darwin here somewhere if you want to compare the two at the meet.

Last edited:

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Provari and think I might have to buy one before the meet - thinking about springing for the black satin V2. Messed around with the Lavatube a bit last night and it seems the atty gets way hotter at the same voltage as my Joker. And I'm sick of changing the voltage with a screwdriver, plus my voltmeter that screwed onto the top finally died, too.

Hope you can make it TNT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread