Who recommends the ceramic wicks vs SS mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satava

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Correction, YOU cook in it every day. Many people do not.

These aren't crock studies I'm talking about. Aluminum and brain cells do not mix well. But, by all means, choose your own path.

Gonna have to agree with this statement about Aluminum being bad in general. That's why pans have coatings as well as cans that we drink from. Cut open a soda can sometime, there's a laquer finish in there.

As far as the fc2000 wicks and the Alum in the name, it's a different compound than the metallic aluminum we're warned about ingesting, and I'm quite sure if it won't kill sensitive tropical fish living in water it's submerged in, breathing oxygen that passes through it, it can't be worse than an analog.

As per my previous statement about the Stainless Ropes, I did finally get my hands on some of the material, and all I can say is 45 degree vaping til the last drop on a stock 3/32 AGA wick hole. The FC2000 doesn't work well below 1/8 from what I've heard and my next adventure will be tossing a 1cm tall sleeve over the rope with some Nextel-118 for insulated 2000F materials that can dry burn safely for cleaning. No shorts, not fragile, reusable, ultrasonic and torch cleanable, win-win.

SteveW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
couple questions...
1) which would be ideal a 1/8 or 7/64 ceramic wick work inside of an RSST??
2) what size EKOWOOL Silica Wick would you folks recommend to wrap the ceramic wick 1, 1.5, 2, or 3 mm?

I think the 1/8" goes in the RSST, not quite sure though, may have to remove the insulator or something. As far as silca wick and ceramic? I think you are confusing the ceramic cups in Imeo style attys with ordinary gennys. You do not need silica wick at all with these wicks. Stick em in, coil em and go, go go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread