Who wants to make big money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i aint a bargain hunter frog... i am a device that works hunter.. a battery that works and lasts hunter... a pair of 901 battereis every two week at 8 quid a throw (£16 quid for two) soon adds up..

and when ordering for three users it hurts big time..

take the advice of those who know or dont take it... most choose not to... u wont be alone..

and yes i would have paid £100 pounds for a battery that worked.. which is exactly why we sell one... an SD is just a fancy battery..

trog

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I am with Trog on this one. The batteries they are selling us are bloody rubbish. Not just because form became more important than function - that is a big part of it - but because the bloody sensors kill the battery functionality long before the cell loses power holding capacity. I have now had 5 batteries with sensor failures for both the 901 and the 801. I have not lost an atomizer yet. My atomizers cook along on USB just great. The sensors have got to go. The manual switch answers a lot of problems, which is why Janty makes so much money. I want something that works and doesn't break the bank. I am waiting for form, function, and price. I still buy hoping something has improved - hey you gotta keep buying anyway since the parts die. That little box knutslepeter did for Janty as a prototype for the KB would work nicely - it does not have to look like a cigarette, it has to compete with the cigarette in nicotine delivery, portability, reliability and price. I can count on an analog to deliver nicotine every time without a lot of fuss.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i recon it costs about 12 to 15 quid a week to run an SD nico.. it just takes a big up front payment which i know probably puts u off...

one atomizer at say 8 quid every two weeks... liquid to top up and thats it.. for lighter users it would work out cheaper..

the longer u use it the more u gain..

its expensive to buy but cheap to run... that was part of the plan...

the new janty thing or the lady pipe might work out nice but as yet they are untested..

small tube shaped things aint ever gonna work properly till star trek days arrive..

trog

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
It is the big startup cost that stops me Trog. There is always the fear that I will pay half a week's salary for a device that doesn't satisfy me. I just can't justify spending that much on one device right now. I don't deny its worth, because not having tried it, I can't judge its worth. I can say that some day, I may win the lottery and be a happy bunny spending loads of cash on my ecig dreams, it just hasn't happened yet.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
yes... but we would have to be ables to obtain the battery brass end pieces.. we need the end pieces.. or to be more exact we need the end pieces at a price that makes the whole thing viable..

we cannot make the fiddly little buggers ourselves... we have to buy in ready made end pieces...

so far i havnt tried to source this particular type.. the price of spare batteries is just a marketing thing.. when they dropped the atomizer price to a couple of dollars.. the clever or stupid buggers depending how its looked at marked up the bloody battery to silly figures simply to justify the kit price..

the cheap e-cig.com ones looked promising but are still way over priced..

which is why the all in one cart/atomizer idea wont fly... spare batteries are too expensive.. the batteries are probably subsidizing the cheap atomizers.. but thats the way it is..

but given the right end pieces we could make the SD take one.. and probably would.. its alway been in the background just never pursued..

trog

ps... sadly we just dont have the time.. money or manpower to do all that could be done... ideas is one thing we aint short of... he he

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Well, but if the device delivers so much more nicotine in a puff then competition, ligtht users then will become heavy users soon... On the other hand, there was a warning that this device is not suitable for people who want to stay light on the ebay site, fair enough.

it was never intended for light users frankie.. we expected just heavy users who had tried the rest to be the buyers.. people pretty much like ourselves..

my advice to light users is get off the lot completely if u can.. to me an e cig is at best the lesser of two evils..

but folks put faith in it to get them off tobacco.. and believe me some are desperate to get off tobacco... i have cancer in remission i hope your device works for me i would like to be around as my kids grow up kinda make me try..

i dont care much about the rest to be honest.. i dont even think really light users have much of a problem.. but thats just me...

trog

Chuffer

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2008
New York State
Well, I say the guy who will make big money is the one who makes a big pipe battery body for the LTv9 type cartridges. Give them a battery that lasts as long as the cartridges.

I think the upcoming LTv11 is a stab at that. This, and the upcoming Janty Stick, shows the industry is losing its single-minded focus on cigarette lookalikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread