Who's Interesed in a Variable X2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a question to Imagine in the Ask Imagine thread if they had one in the works. But am asking here to see if there is consumer interest.

I've noticed a better quality vape on juices like grape and sweets like butterscotch (my favs) on the 78 vs. the x2. I've talked with vapers using variable batteries and they tell me they dial down fruits, for example, and dial up coffees and pure tobaccos.

Makes me interested in using a variable battery but admit I've a certain loyalty to SI -- great CS and quality, a very reliable product in a very fluid market.

So anybody else interested? Curious!

Thank all for your feedback. Best, cj

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
I've only been vaping about a month, but I would give it a shot. Just got my x2 650 manual a couple of days ago. I noticed there is a difference from 78 auto / 65 auto / 78 manual / 650 manual. Stronger hit, burnt flavor and such. I can only guess it is due to slightly different voltages in the different batteries. I like to tinker, so would be interested in buying a VV Volt just to test out.

Looking around these forums, it seems VV falls into "Intermediate" or "Mainstream" vapors lately. Just my very newb opinion.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
The x2 is only at a higher voltage for a short period of time, maybe 5% of the vape time. Then for about 90% of the time it sits around 3.6/3.7 and then drops down when the battery life is almost out. It's not like the entire time you vape on the x2 that it is at a higher voltage. I don't see why they don't want to put out a vv, even if it only went from 3.3 - 4.5 or so, but they say they have no desire to do so.

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
The x2 is only at a higher voltage for a short period of time, maybe 5% of the vape time. Then for about 90% of the time it sits around 3.6/3.7 and then drops down when the battery life is almost out. It's not like the entire time you vape on the x2 that it is at a higher voltage. I don't see why they don't want to put out a vv, even if it only went from 3.3 - 4.5 or so, but they say they have no desire to do so.

After reading through the other thread, it makes more sense. The cartos SI uses can't handle more than 4 volts, so that could cause a lot of issues. Either they would limit a VV to 4 volts max, or people would end up blowing cartos with it

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
I noticed with my cartos, with the bigger batteries, the taste isn't as good early on, but after a while gets better. When I use my little 65, flavor starts off good, and then gets weak on me. I thought it was my imagination, or my taste buds at first, but I am really starting to think the cartos like slightly lower voltage [for me, with certain flavors]. If I had a VV battery, I could prove or disprove it very quickly. Yes, I'm OCD, but I NEED to know now!

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This and the previous thread on a VV from SI is very interesting because everyone wants to "enhance" their vaping experience as many of us did by initially trying different cigarette brands. Personally I think GreenEyesDon'tLie nailed it "Who am I kidding, I would buy a VV X2 just because it was available, new toys are hard to resist". I would like to see X2s in brass or copper, perhaps a model with separate rechargable 18650 batteries in a higher level either fixed, VV, or VW just because new toys are hard to resist. In any case many of us are at least satisfied with the current offerings, so keep up the good products, and customer service.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
My feeling about an SI VV would be that it might be kinda pointless, since I'd probably leave it set at the same fixed voltage anyway, to go with the rest of the SI stuff (cartos/clearos). If they were to come out with one, it would probably have to have a very limited range anyway, to not cause problems, and I have no expectations of them having to make their stuff compatible with other people's stuff. :2c:

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
My feeling about an SI VV would be that it might be kinda pointless, since I'd probably leave it set at the same fixed voltage anyway, to go with the rest of the SI stuff (cartos/clearos). If they were to come out with one, it would probably have to have a very limited range anyway, to not cause problems, and I have no expectations of them having to make their stuff compatible with other people's stuff. :2c:

I'm using SI's carto's and CE3's on my VV and my settings range anywhere from 3.2 to 4.8., depending on the juice.

ancfm95

Aug 2, 2012
California
If the idea of a VV is a no-go, then how about an atty or drip-friendly something or other? I'm ok with the Ce3's, but i've been burning through them no matter what vg/pg ratio I use. Their cartos are ok but can't handle the thicker juices. Not a fan of the clearomizers, juices taste harsh. I don't use anything other than the XL, manual and auto batteries. Haven't figured out what i'm doing wrong.

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
If the idea of a VV is a no-go, then how about an atty or drip-friendly something or other? I'm ok with the Ce3's, but i've been burning through them no matter what vg/pg ratio I use. Their cartos are ok but can't handle the thicker juices. Not a fan of the clearomizers, juices taste harsh. I don't use anything other than the XL, manual and auto batteries. Haven't figured out what i'm doing wrong.

I'm all for SI selling an atty. But apparently a 901 atty fits if you can find one, I'm planning on getting one soon. I'm pretty sure AquaVapor has 901 attys, and you can get a 901 HH357

SteveI

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
NJ
I'm using SI's carto's and CE3's on my VV and my settings range anywhere from 3.2 to 4.8., depending on the juice.

That's how I feel. My 65 auto gives the weakest vape, and I noticed with some juioces, this is best. The same juices on my x2 manual is very harsh and burnt early on but better when the charge is drained a little, a little less so on my 78 manual. I can only guess that if I had a VV to test with, I would dial down voltage a tad. On other juices, the manuals are better, and the 65 just pathetic. I am arranging my juices now by battery, but that is a pain since I am limited by what battery is charged and ready to go, and how much it is drained.

FWIW, I only like a couple of SI juices... I am working through my sample stock of another vendors juices. I really like some sometimes, depending on what battery I am using and how much life is left on the battery. From what I have read, the voltage curve is really good on SI HW, and as a result, I would rather stick with SI's batteries. That is why I would rather buy a VV from SI if they offered it. Seems other VV's are not compatible, and I don't want to have one more thing to deal with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread