Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
So this is a fairly new development for me.
If you know my back story you know I've been vaping for 4-5 years now on and off.
I have gone back to cigarettes twice now, but I am now a FULL and forever vaper.

Since this last switch from cigarettes to E-cigs I've noticed a new development...
My lungs seem to hiccup backwards every so often.
I wouldn't post a new thread if this had happened once, or even twice...
But this is happening several times a day now. It seems like its getting more frequent.
I take a medium to long inhale of me e-cigarette and my lungs give out.
Instead of inhaling the vapor they automatically push out much of the air they contain.

Its just weird and its starting to really make me wonder what it could be?
Is it my lungs telling me they are dehydrated and they need more water?
Or is it my lungs rejecting the vapor? Or is it just that my lungs are getting older?

Idk I don't get it. Its puzzling me. I try to drink enough water.
I mean I have a water or a soda every few hours or so. Mostly soda.
Well, I can go without water for days honestly... Sometimes I ONLY drink soda..
But I do drink 3 cans of soda a day. Or 1-2 cans of soda and 2 glasses of water/juice.

So is it dehydration or am I dying of lung cancer?

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
yeah, idk, its happening with a multitude of different e-liquids.
and I guess I'm also sort-of short of breath sometimes.
I had asthima as a kid but I haven't had it in years.
I mean I haven't had an asthima attack in years.
I also haven't played soccer, ran from cops, or used a bouncy house. That could be why. :p

But yeah, my lungs are backwards hiccuping.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Get ye to a doc. Backwards hiccups are common but could be a symptom of pleurisy. I've never heard of that symptom in relation to vaping except, as others note, regular hiccups can accompany nic overdose. It strikes me that if you've been vaping for as long as you say that you'd recognize obvious over-nic - that's easy to control. You mentioned somewhere that you still sometimes smoke cigarettes? They used to give me hiccups if I chain-smoked into the night.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Cigarettes and vaping gave my ex girlfriend huccups all the time. But I never had hiccups from either. These aren't really hiccups, these are my lungs just pushing out all of their air all in one motion for no apparent reason other than that it only happens when I am filling them with vapor from my mods and e-cigarettes. I've been vaping for 4 years or so and I hate nicotine overdose. I sometimes take in more nicotine than I usually do every so often, but this... this doesn't seem like a nicotine problem. I think it might just be that my lungs get tired of pulling for so long and they push it all out? I didn't know if it was as simple as that, or if it had to do with a PG/VG allergy so I wanted to post about it. So this is weird but I guess its not something I should be too worried about. I wouldn't want to mention this to my doctor or he may think its vaping's FAULT.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Its funny that you mention Pleurisy... I used to take dry herbs. I would fill my mouth with water, drop the herbs onto the water, and them gulp them down followed by more water. A dozen or so times throughout those years I was taking the dry herbs, they would go down the wrong pipe and I always wondered if they actually entered my lungs. If they did, I have a whole lot of rancid dry herbs in my lungs. I also get a sharp pain in my right lung which is another interesting similarity with Pleurisy. I hope this isn't fatal or disease facilitating...

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I also get a sharp pain in my right lung which is another interesting similarity with Pleurisy. I hope this isn't fatal or disease facilitating...
I have been vaping, and off cigs for about 3 weeks. I had one cig one evening about 2 weeks ago because I couldn't sleep, so I smoked one. 10 minutes later a minor pain in the upper right chest arose which was gone by morning. While I was still smoking cigs in the past I never had that happen before. Since I haven't touched another cig since but vaped continuously, the pain never returned. I still suspect it had something to do with vaping and smoking at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread