Why couldn't a nebulizer be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
Hook up a hose to the output. This one is a little pricey, but not too much more than a screwdriver.

Omron MicroAir Nebulizer with VMT, A Nebulizer That Outperforms All Standard Compressor Nebulizers

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]The Omron NE-U22v MicroAir nebulizer is the best portable nebulizer we've ever come across, and our business is nebulizers. This nebulizer combines the best of everything you want - small size, light weight, fast treatments, small particle size (for better treatments), and runs on standard 'AA' batteries, to operate ANYWHERE![/FONT][/FONT]

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I wondered the same thing, but never tried it. So, in regards to your post, I ran downstairs, grabbed a big nebulizer, dropped some nic liquid in and gave her a try. Interestingly enough, the machine runs (duh, of course), air comes out, I smell a bit of strawberry (the flavor of the liquid placed in the machine), but no vapor. I will test it further, but amazingly I don't know that it will work. Also, nebulizers make a very cool vapor, that might not be too appealing to a smoker...but I suppose in the event of a ban! LOL...I can see a desparate person pulling around a generator and a big nebulizer in my head...it is making me giggle! Imagine seeing that at your friendly local shopping center! ROFLMAO. Very awesome idea though, thank you for getting me off my .... to try it!

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
Wait, seems I am mistaken, dilute your nic solution with a bunch of water (up to the "6" mark on the nebulizer container, to what was already about 10 drops of liquid) and it did in fact start to vape.....and out of curiosity, I did inhale it, it hit a bit. Interestingly enough, wasn't that bad. The dosing of this would be interesting to figure out though....as I had to add water to get it to vape (I'm not about to dump a whole bottle of nic liquid in to see if it just had to be fuller, which I doubt because the liquid meant to go in them comes in TINY packages and does not require diluting)... Ok, so anyways...if you add water, it will in fact work, and is actually very interesting! This WOULD work in an emergency!

Muah-ha-ha

kathy9225

Apr 4, 2009
I did wonder about a nebulizer... I'm NOT testing mine, I have asthma and don't wish to hurt it.

You don't want to cut it with water, you should probably use sterile saline. (Simply because you have no CLUE what is in the water... And if it has flouride, and other nasties added by a city.... inhaling it is bad for you.)

Dose... would be two metered squirts of sterile saline, and .25 to .5 mils of the nicotine. PRESUMING the nicotine has a similar ratio of dilution to albuterol.

Expected battery life would be approx one week. (No heating device means longer battery life.)

CATCH... this is a medically restricted device, technically you are supposed to have a script to order one.

I'm not sure why you would want to hook a hose to it.... you order either a mouth peice... or a ped mask...

No one has ever questioned me using mine... of course... mine has asthma meds in it.... lol

Mine... is also the only portable nebulizer I've ever seen in public. My doctor had never seen one til I showed it to her.
(Long story... has to do with the price of the inhalers, vrs the price of the asthma meds... and the fact that I'm real stubborn.)

Meanwhile... the 'juice' seems to be a bit oily... and the portabale nebulizer has a screen in it that gunks up with asthma medication. I don't know how long the screen would last...

OR if they would put some sort of crack down on the device, parts, and the saline if people started to randomly use it to 'vape.'

Katt

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Ok, I thought about it, but it probably would require a prescription (I know my CPAP does, and it is just a glorified fan and uses no chemicals). I never knew there was one as portable as this. You would definitely have to dilute the nic, though. 3ml in 8 minutes would be nic OD real quick - even at 6mg per ml (low nic), that would be almost a pack of full flavor analogs in an 8 minute sitting8-o. I would use distilled water, though to dilute it. That is what I use in my CPAP humidifier. Regular tap water contains impurities, as has been stated, and would leave residue in the nebulizer just like it does in your sink. Sterile saline I believe is more expensive and would have something added to the water to make it saline. Distilled water is simply water - or as close as one can get to pure H2O. I did try putting nic liquid in my CPAP humidifier, though. It had no effect. I am sure I eventually inhaled it at some point, but not quickly enough to satisfy a nic fiend like me.

Boomer

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
You need a script to get a nebuliser? Where are you guys? I am pretty sure you don't need to have a script to buy when in the UK but just to check i just went on a website that sells them and went all the way to the checkout and no mention of a script at all. I could find out for sure on saturday as i have to go pick up a script then myself if anybody is interested.

Seems a good idea as a last resort if it works though!

Lee.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
I needed a prescription for mine, although you could probablly get one without a prescripton but its going to cost you a ****load more.

I tried using e-liquid in my nebulizer, and it works good, too good in fact. You get too much vapor too fast to the point where it's an uncomfortable level. And it uses up the e-liquid really fast.

If you have a nebulizer though, try putting some vodka or high proof liqour like bacardi 151 in it. It's awesome, it gets you drunk but without any stomach problems or nausea. I have a stomach ulcer so normally vodka kills my stomach going down, but using a nebulizer to inhale the vodka works great for me. There are actual bars in NYC where you can inhale your drink in the same manner.

EDIT: Although, I could probablly mix some eliquid in with some vodka and have a merry old time :)

Last edited:

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
It seems they could be made even smaller if the small hand held unit linked in my first post would OD a person in a matter of minutes.

Looking ahead for the day when they possibly ban the PVDs, it would be hard for them to ban a device they had already approved for the market. Getting the nicotine in a vapor ready solution could be a problem.

I don't know much about nebulizers. Would their consumable parts (screens?) be as problematic as atomizers? Could you get a good throat / lung hit with a nebulizer? I don't know. What would be ideal would be an adjustment to balance just how much vapor each hit gave you.

If anybody makes a nebulizer PVD cigarette. Send me a cut when you make your first million, OK? Just covering my bases (poorly) if the idea has any worth.

ePuffDaddy

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Philippines
How about the other way around? Can the e-cig be used as a nebulizer?

I know it sounds funny, but an asthmatic friend of mine is seriously curious about it. Instead of dropping e-liquid in a nebulizer, how about filling the e-cig cart with Salbutamol (e.g. Ventolin) and vaping away?

Sounds plausible, but not until someone actually tried it. Don't look at me, I don't have asthma. :D

Dave Rickey

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Austin TX
Nebulizer as atomizer alternative: No reason it shouldn't work, the issue could be the viscosity of PG vs. water, but that would probably just mean a different shape to the chamber.

Nebulizer purchase: FDA regulates atomizers sold for the purpose of drug delivery as a medical device requiring approval and a prescription. That being said, I see a lot of them for sale online without any provision for a prescription. But there's nothing that says that making a micro-humidifier that operated on the same pulsed-air principles would be against the law....

Atomizer as nebulizer alternative for drug delivery: Are you nuts? Just as using an off-the-shelf nebulizer with standard strengths of e-Liquid could be incredibly dangerous, there's no telling what would happen if you went the other way. Overdose, underdose, drug not being able to take the heat or converting to something toxic.... Bad Things.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread