why do my ce3 xl's keep leaking?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
Just got a pack of the CE3 XLs last week.

I have all 5 in rotation and I keep coming back to my buzz pro standing there with a top cap full of juice and a half empty tank on the CE3. I've taken them all apart to clean them already - all are securely together and I never let any air in while filling them upside down.

I also use juice thats predominently VG and I can't figure out why this keep happening but I'm starting to get really frustrated.

Any ideas??

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I have never had one leak. But others have said if their drip tips were too large it caused microscopic cracks at the top and/or stretching of the tube. This causes an air leak and subsequently a liquid leak.

Frankly, I am surprised mine havent leaked. My drip tip is a very tight fit, but I try to pull it straight out only, and not out to the side at all. So far it seems to be working. I have been using them since they came out (ordered first day). I hope this helps...I have no other ideas!

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
if the needle hole in the silicone is worn out it wont close completely and not creating total vacuum...and allowing it to leak.
not sure if thats the reason yours are leaking but its one of them. another is that reet az mentioned above.

I just had 2 of 12 that I have filled start leaking today. It's the silicone plug as you said. I can actually hold the plug up to the light and see through it. Funny those were only refilled about three times. Others I have are on their 7th or 8th fill without an issue. I guess when it's time it's time. Got to get some extra seals.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Just took care of my leakers. Use the top plug you removed where your drip tip goes to replace the top post seal. I pushed a small paper clip wire through before installing it. Filled and good to go. No leaky. So if your post plug is leaking air here's the cure.
Make sure yiu use a smaller size needle to fill them. the bigger you go the more chance you'll have of it not sealing on it's own.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Just took care of my leakers. Use the top plug you removed where your drip tip goes to replace the top post seal. I pushed a small paper clip wire through before installing it. Filled and good to go. No leaky. So if your post plug is leaking air here's the cure.
Make sure yiu use a smaller size needle to fill them. the bigger you go the more chance you'll have of it not sealing on it's own.
Huh? A paper clip wire should be huge compared to the original needle hole?

Smaller needle than what? I can not picture what you are doing......

I just got 5 ce3's and my first one is leaking as badly as a clearo.

Where do extra seals come from?

Thanks for any info.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I love the idea of clearos but for me they are nothing but headaches ranging from cracks and leaks or burnt or too many dry hits, I have finally given up on them. I love glass tanks the best but wanted something light and simple to take when out and about, I got a poly tank from Valley View Vapes today, only $7.99, price of two clearos. It will not crack from juice and does not leak, finally something I can rely on for simple take along vape! LOL Maybe give something like that a try?? bnrk

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Huh? A paper clip wire should be huge compared to the original needle hole?

Smaller needle than what? I can not picture what you are doing......

I just got 5 ce3's and my first one is leaking as badly as a clearo.

Where do extra seals come from?

Thanks for any info.

It's a small paper clip. Actually smaller than the needle that came with the carts for filling.
I've just discovered I'm on another planet. I was actually talking about a different bottom coil cart. Not a CE3. Sorry bout dat.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
So after trying to chase down my leaking issues, I found some o-rings that fit the ID of the tube pretty well out of a friends o-ring kit. So I refilled one of the clearos and popped the o-ring on under my drip tip and thought "great, that should fix it". Well, it worked great for that tank full - not a DROP spilled. Went to go repeat it on others, and they kept on leaking. Went to go refill the original that had stopped leaking - it leaks again!

So I just had a small epiphany. I took the clear "mouthpiece" plug that comes with them, turned it around and seated it (flat side) firmly against the silicone stopper with the fill port in it. Not even a leak at all, but now I can't fit a drip tip in there and it's pretty uncomfortable. So halfway through my fill on that clearo I decided to pull the tapered mouthpiece out and try the black one that came with them. As SOON as I broke the seal on the tapered piece, juice visibly starts draining out the bottom!

So now I think I'm gunna try the other person's idea to replace the silicone fill gasket with one of the tapered mouthpiece ones and see how that goes. I also think I'm going to try trimming some of the taper off one of those mouthpieces and see if I can make a thinner, drip tip compatible gasket that will ride on top of the other one.

Now I know for sure though, the leaking is coming from air getting in either around the outside of that fill gasket, or through the fill hole itself. Kind of aggravating since I've never used anything but the supplied syringe to fill these things.

I'll report back with my findings.

edit - I'm also finding that a the white silicone plugs that come with boges are working great if you trim a little bit off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread