The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why does juice change colors in tank?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by tippyclubb, Mar 27, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. arkador

arkador Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Texas
    i think it changes color because of the heat put off by the tank. just like leaving a bottle in the car during the summer.

2. X P3 Flight Engineer

X P3 Flight Engineer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Moncton, N.B. Canada
    Nothing to worry about. E-juice is darker than water and thicker than water so if some water (or alcohol) evaporates while vaping, the liquid will be darker and thicker. Of course it is more noticeable with clear tanks. The Star Dust especially does this because of the thick tube that transfers heat through the center of the juice reservoir.

It depends on the composition of the juice and the heat generated. The wick also filters some of the thicker and darker flavorings out as the thinner liquid passes easier. The ce2's and others with long wicks often have a darker buildup on the wicks when they are being cleaned.

This has been my experience.

Enjoy!

3. Caelius Felix

Caelius Felix Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    Some juices start out the color of fresh motor oil and end up looking like what you drain from the engine after 5,000 miles. I notice a change of taste as well, but the same goes with a regular carto where you can't witness the color change.

4. Foxman

Foxman Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    Mine gets a little darker over time in the Vision. I've realized the sweeter the juice the faster it gets dark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.