Why is my MiPod leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
I'm fairly new to pod systems and I was wondering why my MiPod cartridge is leaking. I’ve been using my device since January 27th and only filled my cartridge two times out of the 5 times recommended on the manual. I’ve noticed every time I take out the cartridge there’s some juice outside of it and I’m afraid this will damage my device.

Does anyone know why this happens? I’ve checked that I’m closing the thing really tight and everything :x

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hello @PatVapes. I don't have a Mi-Pod myself, but I found an article on Vaping360 that might help you. In part, it says:

"Product intro and specs
The Mi-Pod got an update! One of the most popular pod systems out there seemed to have some QC issues in its first and second runs with about 5% of the original units, but Smoking Vapor took notice and went back to the drawing board. Now the Mi-Pod is leak free, doesn’t auto-fire and – spoiler alert – is an all-around awesome vape.

This update took place earlier this year, so if you got yourself a Mi-Pod recently, check your serial number inside the device, between the LED and the center air hole. Devices with a serial number of 20180523 or higher are updated and devoid of any design shortcomings. These issues affected only around 5% of the Mi-Pods from earlier batches, and the redesigned pods should solve most of the issues anyway. But if by some chance they don’t, SV is more than willing to replace your Mi-Pod for you."

Worth a try? Best of luck!

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Hello @PatVapes. I don't have a Mi-Pod myself, but I found an article on Vaping360 that might help you. In part, it says:

"Product intro and specs
The Mi-Pod got an update! One of the most popular pod systems out there seemed to have some QC issues in its first and second runs with about 5% of the original units, but Smoking Vapor took notice and went back to the drawing board. Now the Mi-Pod is leak free, doesn’t auto-fire and – spoiler alert – is an all-around awesome vape.

This update took place earlier this year, so if you got yourself a Mi-Pod recently, check your serial number inside the device, between the LED and the center air hole. Devices with a serial number of 20180523 or higher are updated and devoid of any design shortcomings. These issues affected only around 5% of the Mi-Pods from earlier batches, and the redesigned pods should solve most of the issues anyway. But if by some chance they don’t, SV is more than willing to replace your Mi-Pod for you."

Worth a try? Best of luck!

That is both awesome and bad news. awesome because the company took notice and fixed it, and is willing to help!

But bad because I’m all the way in Perú and shops don’t usually offer help in cases like these. I think they gave me a warranty thingy, I’ll check the serial number and head over to the shop where I got it. Sadly I remember that the guy told me that the cartridge might leak... hmmm... I’ll give it a try anyway.

Thank you so much!

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
I can’t really tell but I’m pretty sure it’s coming from the side?? If that’s even possible?

Well I’ll state the obvious and say dang that’s weird! I got one for my wife (she used it for like a day) and now I use it from time to time but luckily it isn’t one of the defective ones. I would definitely contact SV about the leaking issue as I can’t think of a logical reason for it to leak from the side. If you wouldn’t mind a pink dragon scale MiOne I’d be more than happy to send you mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread