Why Temp Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I sub ohm but don't go over 40w often. My builds for anything (tanks or rda) aren't lower than .4 but mostly stay .5ish. I still don't understand why temp control is so important right now. If you have to set your mod to 500 degrees, can't you feel that in your hand or lips? I don't need the technical answer for this as I am asking so that I don't ruin my gear.

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
A properly setup nickel build in a temp protection device eliminates the possibility of a dry hit. I drip between 25-30w(j on my m-class) and with the temp set to 425º I only really hit temp when the wick starts to dry. It's awesome, I can vape the wick dry and on to the next flavor with no flavor bleed. Also, Dr. Farsalinos most recent studies showed that the worst of "aldehydes" get released in "dry puff conditions" so it's nice to ave that little extra piece of mind.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So then TC is really for chain vaping? If that's the only reason then I don't see the need to upgrade. Thanks

TC is to avoid dry hits.
Dry hits happen if your wick is too dry .
As your wick gets drier, tc reduces the power to the coil so that it does not get too hot.

TC is still pretty new, so unless money is no concern for you, I'd wait awhile.

Some of the newer tc mods are promising to work with any coil.

dannyrl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Hillsboro, OR
Like others have said, temperature control just limits the temperature of the coil(s). This provides a consistent hit every time and also prevents dry hits.

With the wattage vaping that is the norm now, all the mod is doing is sending power to the coil. The longer this power is applied to the coil, the hotter it gets. If you take rapid and/or long hits, the temperature of the coil will keep increasing as power is being sent to the coil. This is what causes a burning hit sometimes. If you have really sensitive taste, you may even notice that some hits are better than others. This is because the temperature of your coil isn't being regulated and one hit may be at 200F, the next 370F, the next 490F, etc.

Temp control will send power to the coil until the coil reaches a certain temperature. Once it reaches the desired temp, the mod will turn the power off and on to keep the temperature of the coil to what the user set it to. This will provide consistency in every hit, prevent the vape from getting too hot, and even prevent dry hits.

It's more of a luxury thing right now as it's still being developed. I personally think it isn't worth the money right now.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
the development will continue to get better......at least i hope.....have a few different TP devices and none of them hit the same, yet if you play with the settings/builds you can find a happy medium as it stands now.
personally i have been enjoying my devices and look forward to what the future brings us.

one thing that really bugs me is that US manufacturers are far and few in-between if any at all, i would rather buy American products!

Reactions: HDMontana

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
i hear ya croak about the patriotism, yet after having to deal w/china warranty's ...i just would rather buy American just for the better service...after my ipv4 fiasco i really find buying china products disappointing.

It depends what device you buy. Evolv won't help you, they will just refer you back to the device maker. Vapor Flask has very good service (or at least they did when I had to deal with them). Hana Modz is downright horrible. The worst customer service I've ever had. Vapor Shark is OK if you catch them on a day they choose to reply to emails.

Reactions: sando7

GutWrench

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I have been vaping for about three years now and all this stuff is over priced garbage for the most part. At least the electronics side of things is. I just recently stepped over to sub-ohm and TC vaping and it was not cheap. I have my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. My experience with TP has been relatively easy. I don't have screen issues in my Little Hana yet but I find myself mostly using Kanthal builds for the simplicity of it. I don't vape at really high wattages and make sure my buld is wicking properly and keep my tank full. Dry hits are very rare once you master your wicking method unless you chain vape or take loooooong pulls.

Dripping is the only time I find any benefit for TC because like others have said already; "I can vape the cotton dry" and change flavors... but then cotton is cheap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread